What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke THE CAT Burt

BigErn

Juniors
Well tell me how many tries Hindy has scored this year, how many goals he has kicked, how many breaks as he made, how many try assists?????

Answer - zero to all !

Making 50 tackles a game does not make a player invaluable to the side.

And have you considered why Burt has had so many players running at him?? The forwards arent doing their job.

I don't rate Burt as a superstar or a legend - but some of the stuff written in this thread is laughable.

Mate, you hold the record for most laughable comment of the century:

"I think Burt contributes a lot more to our side than Hindy at the moment."

forward pass

Coach
Mate, you hold the record for most laughable comment of the century:

"I think Burt contributes a lot more to our side than Hindy at the moment."

Always happy to provide a laugh. I was actually referring to our 'attack' but take it how you want mate.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He hasn't performed in the last 2 years and that's the period he hasn't cut it in the NRL. He's been diabolical overall. At times he does good things but his negatives far outweigh his positives.

Now you're moving the goal posts

If the negatives outweighed the positives, then why does he keep being picked ?

Obviously the people that matter don't agree with you.

I know i'm no idiot mate. Don't care what other people on here think because a lot of them don't think logically. This team is coming last with a lot of dead wood & changes need to be made. I just think Luke Burt should be the first to go. If i'm an idiot for thinking that then so be it.

I think people who just stick to popular opinion and call someone an idiot for thinking something different are the IDIOTS.

The only people who rate Luke Burt are those who have had something to do with MR Nice guy throughout his career and Parra fans. He's in that select group of players : Burt. Civonecieva, Lockyer, Tongue et al, who's nice guy personalities mean they very rarely get criticised.

The only fans that rate Burt are Parra fans and those rating him on how nice he is.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think people who just stick to popular opinion and call someone an idiot for thinking something different are the IDIOTS.

The only people who rate Luke Burt are those who have had something to do with MR Nice guy throughout his career and Parra fans. He's in that select group of players : Burt. Civonecieva, Lockyer, Tongue et al, who's nice guy personalities mean they very rarely get criticised.

The only fans that rate Burt are Parra fans and those rating him on how nice he is.

thats a fairly elite group of players that you grouped him with

do they only get selected because they are nice people too ?

thats a fairly elite group of players that you grouped him with

do they only get selected because they are nice people too ?

They are better players than him , but they are also very rarely criticised no matter what they do on a field.

Couple of weeks ago Burt got confused by a high ball and the commentary said he 'did well not to get a hand on it in the end'... I think 'he had no idea' would have been used if it were someone like Ben Barba.

I agree with Sefton, if we're serious about a new culture, Burt should be told he's not required in 1st grade in 2012. Let him get a deal overseas or retire with dignity, because he's going downhill fast.

Tony Bongo

Bench
They are better players than him , but they are also very rarely criticised no matter what they do on a field.

Couple of weeks ago Burt got confused by a high ball and the commentary said he 'did well not to get a hand on it in the end'... I think 'he had no idea' would have been used if it were someone like Ben Barba.

I agree with Sefton, if we're serious about a new culture, Burt should be told he's not required in 1st grade in 2012. Let him get a deal overseas or retire with dignity, because he's going downhill fast.

Yeah somehow I figured that.

jason taylor

Bench
True. Simmons is better than Chris Hicks and Chris Walker. But that isn't saying much. Burt is better than both those players.

John Kolc

Juniors
Burt is a great player that needs to be in a winning team.
He is a legend of of our club which is why he has played in 2 Grand finals and is a one club man. This post is not from a true Parra supporter:(:(

Burt is a great player that needs to be in a winning team.

yeah, plenty of people are great players when the teams winning.

I stand by what i said, he is an absolute CAT. won't catch a bomb, won't commit to a tackle where he's going to get hit. He cost us the game tonight through lack of commitment. Great member of the leadership group. Give me mortimer and his effort any day over this spastic.

Last edited:

John Kolc

Juniors
Ashley,

You can not have seen the match if you realy believe that.
Dumb play from Keating an co again. It's not the first time he has given away a penalty in the same situation this year. I have followed our team for over 40 years and trust me he is a cerdit to our club.
:crazy:

Ashley,

You can not have seen the match if you realy believe that.
Dumb play from Keating an co again. It's not the first time he has given away a penalty in the same situation this year. I have followed our team for over 40 years and trust me he is a cerdit to our club.
:crazy:

Which was your favourite Burt moment from tonights game John?

a) positioning himself under high balls then pulling his hands back when he realises people are coming at him?
b) his pathetic attempt to smother the player he jammed in on that let the 2nd Roosters try in?
c) knocking the ball dead and getting away with it because he's so crafty?
d) knocking on from the kick off after our 1st try?
e) the missed field goal from in front which brings him to about 0/15 from the season
f) his general spasticness throughout the game.

Tough decision.

jk13

First Grade
Your sh1 t is getting old. People like u should go and support manly. Scum should support scum

Bazal

Post Whore
LOL...Burt>>>>Hayne tonight. No surprise the same spastic is spouting the same rubbish