What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke THE CAT Burt

jason taylor

Bench
Ooh Sefton is posting from two accounts at the same time. He was never the only choice we had to play on the wing. We have had plenty of wingers come through the club and Luke has proven time and time again that he was better than the majority of them. To say Burt has been crap for the last 10 years is a joke.

I can name 50 wingers in the last 10 years that are worse than Luke Burt.

jason taylor

Bench
F*** stupid. Your Mum is calling you in for dinner now. Off you go.

3 of which have been sacked & the 4th one had no choice. Realistically he's had no fight on his hand for a position in the team from this poor roster.

That's alright mate Burt can be the fullback again next year. But guess what....they won't make the 8 because you need energy from your FB & this guy looks to me physically scared to mix it in any way. Last night proved it. Go on defend his effort on tackling Inglis & Sandow last night......pathetic.

Why would I be having dinner at 2PM? Are you simple?

I like Luke, but he is purely a finsher and kicker, against the Storm he failed to contest bombs or tackle and he has become a liability to be honest.

I will be surprised if he plays much NRL next year, but he consistently proves us all wrong,Hayne is much more dangerous at 1, Luke is always found out when we are under pressure, great club man.

Spot on but nobody else can see this. Saying that, the whole team was just pathetic except for Fui and Allgood.

SeftonBoy

Juniors
Why would I be having dinner at 2PM? Are you simple?

Brainless twits like you have to have dinner at 2pm & put to bed by 4pm.

Another thing mate, there's no 2 accounts. I hate to tell you mate that a lot of people think Burt is very ordinary & needs to retire. I agree with Delboy he's been a great clubman but the guy is a libaility. Get rid of the imposter.

SDM

First Grade
Softo is one of those head-kickers you bring in to downsize the workforce or take benefits from low paid workers. Just like Peter Costello, but fatter and smugger.

Again some woeful defence by individuals in the team.

Hayne gets caught out all day in the centres, he is a fullback trying to learn a new position in attack AND defence and getting caught out a lot in both areas.

Which brings me to my favourite player in Burty. Hes improved, he got a hand on Lui for the first try and managed to caress Beau Ryan over on the last one. he is the worst defensive fullback ever to play the game, and again that will get over looked because 'everyone had a bad game'. He is ALWAYS one of the everyone and soft as butter.

Again some woeful defence by individuals in the team.

Hayne gets caught out all day in the centres, he is a fullback trying to learn a new position in attack AND defence and getting caught out a lot in both areas.

Which brings me to my favourite player in Burty. Hes improved, he got a hand on Lui for the first try and managed to caress Beau Ryan over on the last one. he is the worst defensive fullback ever to play the game, and again that will get over looked because 'everyone had a bad game'. He is ALWAYS one of the everyone and soft as butter.

To have a go at Burt just proves you are a MORON of the highest order

SDM

First Grade
Hayne wasn't caught out. Good first contact, just needs to learn that tackle comes before strip.

Your leadership players should set the tone every week. In training, in preperation, in effort, in putting your body on the line...In doing all it takes to win. Thats the difference between the successful clubs and those that show up one week and dont the nxt.

To me , his on field effort and self perserverence style shouldnt be part of what we build our new culture around.

& to the dude that called me a moron, sorry you don't share the same opinion hero .

Your leadership players should set the tone every week. In training, in preperation, in effort, in putting your body on the line...In doing all it takes to win. Thats the difference between the successful clubs and those that show up one week and dont the nxt.

To me , his on field effort and self perserverence style shouldnt be part of what we build our new culture around.

& to the dude that called me a moron, sorry you don't share the same opinion hero .

We don't share the same opinion there is nothing wrong with that it happens but to try lay the finger of blame on Burt when he has been consistently one of our best over the past few weeks is ridiculous try looking at Hayne for a change playing out of position or not when we got to 4 behind today he disappeared and did nothing except let in a try Burty is not the best player at the club but atleast he has a go no matter what the score

Hayne wasn't caught out. Good first contact, just needs to learn that tackle comes before strip.

He wasn't caught out on that play, he comes in when he should stay out and vice versa all day though. Also comes out of the line looking for the intercept. There always seems to be a massive gap between him and Horo.

We don't share the same opinion there is nothing wrong with that it happens but to try lay the finger of blame on Burt when he has been consistently one of our best over the past few weeks is ridiculous try looking at Hayne for a change playing out of position or not when we got to 4 behind today he disappeared and did nothing except let in a try Burty is not the best player at the club but atleast he has a go no matter what the score

You might wanna re-watch some of his defence at the back before you make claims like that. If your tapes at the wnd of the game just re-watch Beau Ryans last try.

Burt is untouchable, yet as far as effort goes he will only make an effort if he isnt going to get hit out of it .

strider

Post Whore
He wasn't caught out on that play, he comes in when he should stay out and vice versa all day though. Also comes out of the line looking for the intercept. There always seems to be a massive gap between him and Horo.

yeah theres a gap because Hayne has been mostly incompetent defending in the line. Seriously, he has been woeful, looking for stupid intercepts ... Only good hits are when he blindsided an opponent ... He's a very competent tackler, but he's been playing shit of late

yeah theres a gap because Hayne has been mostly incompetent defending in the line. Seriously, he has been woeful, looking for stupid intercepts ... Only good hits are when he blindsided an opponent ... He's a very competent tackler, but he's been playing shit of late

Agreed. In his defence he's having to learn a new position not just in attack but also in defence. We've turned him into a jack of all trades but master of none.
I wonder how Billy Slater would go playing 5/8 just because he's shown he can ball play a bit.
To top it off if Jarryd doesn't come up with points, who will??

Burt doesn't even have the pace to be effective in support play anymore. Can anyone here tell me one thing he offers the side other than goal kicking? Don't say another option kicker either, because when was the last time he put a good kick in? Support play? Have a go how many times he pushes up into a hole per game...not many.

strider

Post Whore
Hayne doesn't offer any support play from fullback. Maybe with better halfback options he would, but tbh I don't this it's really his go, he's more the playmaking type then the support type

He was more the hole running type when we had players that could do that. 2007.

he was more instinctive and individually brilliant in 2009. He's evolved into the playmaking type because we have no halves.

He's lack of development when it comes to his strengths is a blight on the coaches at the club. Hes always a band aid solution to fix any problems we have in the team because of his brilliance.

More senior players, like the one I mentioned in this thread, take no pressure off him at all.

strider

Post Whore
Seriously dude, get the f**k over your hatred for Burt, you're just making a fool of yourself with the obsession