What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke THE CAT Burt

Maroubra Eel

Coach
To put it simply Parramatta will never improve with Burt in the side. He was so atrocious in 2010 & has continued in 2011. No wonder this side is running last.

If he's so good why doesn't he take a bit of pressure off Hayne? The reason is because he ain't got the talent.

He looks visibly scared to get into the physical contest to me.

Luke Burt is a full-back in my opinion & should never be considered as a winger. Too small, won't take cross field bombs, won't do dummy half runs, can't tackle. The list goes on. However, his performances at fullback are terrible. Fullback is close to being the most important positon behind the fullback & Parramatta will not rise the ladder with this has-been back there.

Please Kearney move Burt on or your fate will be sealed by this time next year.

Two fullbacks. Interesting.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Serious?

Granted Schaeffer/sefton boy might be idiots - but that's not up for debate here.

Burt's been softer than Charmin Ultra the last couple of years.

If he tackled Galloway where sefton wouldn't - well what's that got to do with anything? Burt's a friggin first grade fullback? It's his job....

[probably plenty of people here would LIKE Galloway running at sefto, but whether you think the guys a moron or not, he's unfortunately right about Burt at the moment.]

Sorry dude you were the one who had the dig first by saying i'm an idiot. Read your previous post. Maybe dimentia is kicking in old man.

Agree with all your comments re-Burt.

I read my previous post (in fact I quoted it here for you).

tip: try and understand what other people are saying before you respond to them, it'll mean people take you a lot more seriously when you say things.

forward pass

Coach
I dont need to read any further than that

Well tell me how many tries Hindy has scored this year, how many goals he has kicked, how many breaks as he made, how many try assists?????

Answer - zero to all !

Making 50 tackles a game does not make a player invaluable to the side.

And have you considered why Burt has had so many players running at him?? The forwards arent doing their job.

I don't rate Burt as a superstar or a legend - but some of the stuff written in this thread is laughable.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Mate I'm no idiot. Because I don't think Burt can cut it in the NRL doesn't make me an idiot.

I'd love to have a go at tackling Galloway - at least I'd have a go & put my body on the line - but the fact is i'm not an NRL fullback so it's a stupid scenario.

I can guarantee that i've played more league games than you hobos in here.

he already has,

Bazal

Post Whore
Serious?

Granted Schaeffer/sefton boy might be idiots - but that's not up for debate here.

Burt's been softer than Charmin Ultra the last couple of years.

If he tackled Galloway where sefton wouldn't - well what's that got to do with anything? Burt's a friggin first grade fullback? It's his job....

[probably plenty of people here would LIKE Galloway running at sefto, but whether you think the guys a moron or not, he's unfortunately right about Burt at the moment.]

Well it goes to the argument. If he was as soft as people are implying he wouldn't have made the tackle. While I will never argue against the fact that he has technical and size issues in defence calling him soft is, IMO, completely untrue and unnecessary

Well tell me how many tries Hindy has scored this year, how many goals he has kicked, how many breaks as he made, how many try assists?????

These are your measures of what makes a player valuable?

How many trys has Hindy saved? How many times has he cleaned up an opposition inside ball, how many times has he trailed an intended ball runner where others have been lazy? The things that make Hindy Hindy, and have made him an invaluable member of any side he has been in for over a decade. Sorry he doesn't kick goals and set up trys like a halfback to boot.

How many trys has Burt scored on the end of a movement that u or I could have scored? How many trys is he setting up as the key link in a back line play that's run for him?

jason taylor

Bench
Watch other games. I see time and time again Wingers bombing tries at the end of a movement. Remember Bulgarelli in the 2003 finals? he dropped the ball when all he had to go was fall over a score. It's not as easy as it looks.

jono

Juniors
Which end of the spine is the fullback? That team either has two heads or two arses.
A blind man's labrador shits on his master's shoe , and the blind man promptly gives him a dog biscuit.
A passer-by remarks , "he just shit on your shoe , why did you reward him?"
The blind man replies "I didn't reward him , I just need to know which end is which so I can kick him up the arse"

SeftonBoy

Juniors
I read my previous post (in fact I quoted it here for you).

tip: try and understand what other people are saying before you respond to them, it'll mean people take you a lot more seriously when you say things.

Listen stupid if you didn't imply that I might be an idiot this conversation would not be occurring. How about you try & understand that there was no need for the comment in the first place.

I don't take your comments seriously, so couldn't care less if you take mine. Get off your high & might horse your riding because it's a long drop when you fall off.

SDM

First Grade
Listen stupid if you didn't imply that I might be an idiot this conversation would not be occurring. How about you try & understand that there was no need for the comment in the first place.

I don't take your comments seriously, so couldn't care less if you take mine. Get off your high & might horse your riding because it's a long drop when you fall off.

:lol:

The next Shakespeare

SeftonBoy

Juniors
he already has,

No he doesn't mate. He is terrible.

How about that missed attempt on Sandow a couple of weeks ago. Worst bit of defence i've seen in the NRL. The guy is a turnstile, speed-hump.

He plays fullback in a side which is coming LAST. Time for changes don't you think?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
No he doesn't mate. He is terrible.

How about that missed attempt on Sandow a couple of weeks ago. Worst bit of defence i've seen in the NRL. The guy is a turnstile, speed-hump.

He plays fullback in a side which is coming LAST. Time for changes don't you think?

got nothing to do with a couple of weeks ago

you said
Softon Boy said:
Because I don't think Burt can cut it in the NRL doesn't make me an idiot.

He wouldn't have played for an NRL club for nearly 10 years and hold point scoring records if has hasn't already "cut it".

He's past his best, no arguments there, but to say he has never made it in the first place is simply not true.

oldmancraigy

Coach

So there was no need for the comment?

Ok - don't take my tip [from previous post] - but if you don't, you should expect that people might think you're an idiot.

SeftonBoy

Juniors
got nothing to do with a couple of weeks ago

you said

He wouldn't have played for an NRL club for nearly 10 years and hold point scoring records if has hasn't already "cut it".

He's past his best, no arguments there, but to say he has never made it in the first place is simply not true.

He hasn't performed in the last 2 years and that's the period he hasn't cut it in the NRL. He's been diabolical overall. At times he does good things but his negatives far outweigh his positives.

SeftonBoy

Juniors
So there was no need for the comment?

Ok - don't take my tip [from previous post] - but if you don't, you should expect that people might think you're an idiot.

I know i'm no idiot mate. Don't care what other people on here think because a lot of them don't think logically. This team is coming last with a lot of dead wood & changes need to be made. I just think Luke Burt should be the first to go. If i'm an idiot for thinking that then so be it.