What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU's Power Rankings: Off-Season NRL Recruitment

DiegoNT

First Grade
Any recruitment we made would've been a downgrade on the player currently in that position. Our squad is perfect, lining up for 10 years of North Queensland glory.

Best off-season recruiting: Cowboys.

So Kane Linett is a better centre than jennings, roberts or even copley?

Didgi

So Kane Linett is a better centre than jennings, roberts or even copley?

That you missed the obvious sarcasm is funny. That you chose Linnett to pick on is daft.

He fits superbly into our team structure, his partnership with JT is outstanding. Individually, defensively very good.

Jennings is hot and cold - exactly what we don't need. We have other blokes to produce the magic, unlike Parra. Roberts is quick and that's about it, and if you think Copley is better than Linnett you need your head read.

Kiwi

First Grade
I would say the Eels and Sea Eagles have recruited the best in the off season.

DiegoNT

First Grade
That you missed the obvious sarcasm is funny. That you chose Linnett to pick on is daft.

He fits superbly into our team structure, his partnership with JT is outstanding. Individually, defensively very good.

Jennings is hot and cold - exactly what we don't need. We have other blokes to produce the magic, unlike Parra. Roberts is quick and that's about it, and if you think Copley is better than Linnett you need your head read.

Sarcasm is hard to read with queenslanders, with most other people you'd think 'nah they can't be that stupid, it must be sarcasm' but that goes out the window when dealing with Queenslanders, especially the ones on here (you can thank IBM and moron4lyfe for that).

hahagold

Juniors
Seriously who gives a crap about recruitment? Parra fans acting like they've won the premiership already. Who gives a crap who you sign. Come back to us when you've won a premiership.

I'm a huge manly fan. We've recruited well but that doesn't mean we are going to be a success. If anything, we are going to struggle at least for the first half of the season. Too many players brought in and won't gel.

What's with Parra fans and their huge interest in Manly. Its like you are trying to compete with us on our recruitment skills. If anything it shows how crap you are doing when you've had to recruit half a new team. Yes that applies to us as well.

no name

Coach
I think Myles is a great buy and fits into the manly mould but I'm not sure if some of the other recruits do.

Maybe wearing maroon will do it, because he did jack shit in blue.

Edit: Jack shit is probably an overreaction, but he was no where near an origin player based on his club performances.

Last edited:

butchmcdick

Post Whore
Seriously who gives a crap about recruitment? Parra fans acting like they've won the premiership already. Who gives a crap who you sign. Come back to us when you've won a premiership.

I'm a huge manly fan. We've recruited well but that doesn't mean we are going to be a success. If anything, we are going to struggle at least for the first half of the season. Too many players brought in and won't gel.

What's with Parra fans and their huge interest in Manly. Its like you are trying to compete with us on our recruitment skills. If anything it shows how crap you are doing when you've had to recruit half a new team. Yes that applies to us as well.

January Premiers 2016 Parramatta Eels

HayneKloppter

Juniors

i'll be honest i give it to manly because you've been raiding us for years and now get a dose of your own medicine back

;)

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Yeh they're the depth type of players that manly would thrive with in the past. Now they have Nathan Green

Lol.

Hiku was not a depth player. He was a starter in the vast majority of games last year. He was replaced with Trbojevic - a Manly junior! So yeah, not really losing that Manly culture there.....

And Gutherson is a player of great potential. He was a good pick-up for you guys. But if moving him on allowed us to have cash for Dylan Walker....well I'll take that. (Not saying they were a direct swap either). And Gutherson was a depth player for Manly last year for all of 10 minutes of game 1.....

We have picked up Fabian Goodall from your mob too. Unlike players that go from Manly to the Eels, the Eels to Manly trade seems to go pretty well - Tafua, David Williams, Buhrer etc.

We'll be OK I think :D

Nice Beaver

First Grade
i'll be honest i give it to manly because you've been raiding us for years and now get a dose of your own medicine back

;)

:lol:

A taste of our own medicine????

Hopoate - dud buy
Twatmough - dud buy
Lussick - did nothing for you lot. Will probably stay true to the pattern and produce well for Manly after shedding the horror or his Parramatta ordeal.

Foran - has done nothing for Parramatta yet
Gutherson - played half a dozen games for Manly and has done nothing for Parramatta yet

It's like pulling on that yellow and gold jersey instantly instils mediocrity into whoever wears it! The Slime are just trying to buy Manly's culture.

Not saying that Foran and Gutherson won't be good signings, but come one, a taste of our own medicine. Please. Come back to me when they have won you a competition. Actually - when they get you in the 8!! :lol:

Lyon - 2 premierships and captain of the most successful club side of the past decade
David Williams - unwanted at Parramatta..........NSW, Aust rep honours, premiership winner at Manly
Jamie Buhrer - premiership winner and great clubman with over 100 games for the club

I could keep going back and use more examples, but I think that's enough to prove the point.

butchmcdick

Post Whore
It's a great time of year

Everyone is optimistic that their team will take out the title

Bring on the footy in 2016

shiznit

Coach
:lol:

I notice Craig isn't denying it's him in this thread... In the MMA thread he's all "who's this Craig you speak of??" :roll:

What a tool... :lol: