What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lyon quits Manly, signs with Titans

Rainbow

Juniors
I hope it's true. Will make GC a bit more competetive. Though the timing is bad for Manly. They could have kept Whare if they had of known this might happen.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I will say this: If Manly have the balls to let him go, which is looking unlikely at this point, they can kiss any finals hopes goodbye. they've already lost T-Rex, they would implode as a side without Lyon.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Titans squad for 2014 to contain:

Tim Brasher
Kerry Boustead
Mark McGaw
Kevin McGuinness
Damien McGarry
Gary Freeman
Laurie Spina
Steve Edmed
Robbie McCormack
Derek McVey
Geoff Gerard
Luke Ricketson
Brad Mackay
Gary Coyne

all to 5 year deals.

thorson1987

Coach
Titans squad for 2014 to contain:

Tim Brasher
Kerry Boustead
Mark McGaw
Kevin McGuinness
Damien McGarry
Gary Freeman
Laurie Spina
Steve Edmed
Robbie McCormack
Derek McVey
Geoff Gerard
Luke Ricketson
Brad Mackay
Gary Coyne

all to 5 year deals.

I'd say they would go for ken not kevin

gyallop

Juniors
big rumour today on a salary cap rort about to be exposed...anyone heard more and is this linked to Lyon moving?

some11

Referee
http://www.nrl.com/lyon-to-stay-at-manly-for-2013/tabid/10874/newsid/70603/default.aspx

Manly captain Jamie Lyon is set to remain at the Sea Eagles for at least the 2013 season, despite reports linking him to an immediate move to rival NRL club Gold Coast.

The Titans have reportedly offered Lyon a massive long-term deal, but a Manly insider says the star centre will remain at Brookvale until at least the end of his current deal which expires at the end of this season.

Manly are yet to make an official statement in response to a News Limited report on Friday stating that Lyon was seeking an immediate release.

Lyon had reportedly agreed to a "deal in principle" with the Gold Coast and was meeting with Sea Eagles management on Friday to ask for a release from the final year of his NRL contract.

Gold Coast made a play for NSW star Michael Jennings, before the Penrith reject linked with the Sydney Roosters.

The Titans have money to spend and are on the lookout for a quality centre.

Gold Coast haven't returned calls from AAP but chief executive David May said last week that they were talking to other players of the calibre of Jennings.

"We are also talking to one or two people who are of that calibre," May said.

"We want superstars at this club.

"We want (to be a) club that is performing in the top four."

Centres don't get much better than Lyon, a former Test and Origin star who has won two grand finals with the Sea Eagles.

Manly's salary cap situation is tight and if Lyon was to leave it would create room for the club moving forward.

Lyon, 30, walked out on Parramatta midway through 2004 before moving to the English Super League for two seasons.

big rumour today on a salary cap rort about to be exposed...anyone heard more and is this linked to Lyon moving?

The only story better than Judas walking out on Manly, would be Manly being stripped of their 2011 & 2008 premiership due to salary cap breaches. Please say its so (the Eels are too hopeless to win, so this would be the next best thing). :D

Special K

Coach
News just in, Slothfield is a f**kwit. More to follow.

While I agree he is a f**kwit I do not think he has done anything wrong here by sharing the news that Lyon has agreed to a deal on the GC and has asked for a release.

Frenzy.

Immortal
While I agree he is a f**kwit I do not think he has done anything wrong here by sharing the news that Lyon has agreed to a deal on the GC and has asked for a release.

Agreed. I'm no Rothfield apologist but all he does is write stories based on tips he gets. It's called journalism. It sells papers and it gets people talking. Like this one. Mission accomplished.

Rothfield can always simply blame his source if he has something printed or published on the 'net. Just like the scoopmakers on LU do, except, he gets paid :)