What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madden 2007

If you havent bought it yet then dont buy it.

I bought it today and I was loving it, all the new features looked so awesome, and Franchise Mode, thanks to being able to scout rookies better with the combine and college all star game, is much better then 06, so if ur into simulation then this game is for you.

However if you are into gameplay, then this game sucks balls.

Now I am hopeless on Offence and I am awesome on defence and usually can keep the CPU to under 10 points. so usually ill have a record going from 7-9 to 10-6 but now I am guarenteed to go 16-0 on Madden Level because....

THE CPU QB KEEPS THROWING THE BALL BEHIND HIM AND INTO THE CROWD FOR A SAFETY! Ive tried messing with the AI, like QB accuracy is as high as can go, but he keeps f**king doing it and I keep winning all the damn time even if i play like sh*t.

Does anyone else own this? does this happen to you?

Mal Meninga

Bench
That sucks!!

Try looking around at Madden forums for a solution, i'll probably buy it later on the year when the price goes down. Simulation is the best part of Madden during franchise mode(when you get over playing) but ofcourse you want top notch gameplay aswell.

Also, i've heard that Hall of famers come back into the game :lol: So you have 90 year olds in your team?

meltiger

First Grade
:lol: Pennywise. I haven't had that happen, although what is frustrating me is that the playbook is all Z's on offence!

I am scared to move beyond rookie level (!) until I get the hang of trying to remember which buttons correspond to which recievers lol (I use keyboard)

Parki

Bench
i hate it

quarterback vision is the gayest thing ever, they also have seemed to integrate bullsh*t touchdown plays that you cant defend against

i.e 3rd and 28, Tom Brady throws an 80 yard stripe down the middle to deion branch, over double coverage 80 yards, untouched in the end zone

its bullsh*t, and hes not the only one that does it

my packers are 3 and 7 (started the season 0 and 6, thank you very much :evil: )

so i tried playing in rookie mode and the qb does the safety pass less (but he still does it). man so lame.

oh and why do the raiders never draft me in superstar mode, i always get drafted by teams i dont like, like jets, jags or cowboys.

Mal Meninga

Bench
pennywisealfie said:
so i tried playing in rookie mode and the qb does the safety pass less (but he still does it). man so lame.

oh and why do the raiders never draft me in superstar mode, i always get drafted by teams i dont like, like jets, jags or cowboys.
Do you have any assists? Like WR catching assist etc? Maybe their is a QB one...

Sanchez

Coach
if you dont like qb vision go to controller layout and change to madden 2005 settings. last few years ive been using that so not needing to learn new buttons an qb vision pissed me off.
i love this game.2 seasons on all pro (level down from all madden) gone 14-2 and 13-3 and won 2 super bowls, both against falcons using NE.

Big Tim

First Grade
65yds.....

I was using a kicker who was me, however when I created him I created him to the same attributes as John Hall.

I was playing at home and had a 27mph wind straight behind me, there was 10 seconds to go and I was on the 30 yard line, I took a 14 yard loss on a sack (intentionally) called a timeout and then kicked a 65 yarder.

The storyline section was great. Was on the front page of the NFL paper, the Redskins paper and was mentioned by Tony Bruno for a new kicking record.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I think my best is 57 yards. I missed a 59 yarder wide left that would have won me a pre-season game in pissing dreadful rain (i was so pissed that i missed left...i could have handled it dropping short!). I've attempted 60 and had it come up well short, and i managed to get another 59 yard attempt to go out of the side of the endzone.

I've never had a 27mph wind yet though.

Big Tim

First Grade
The wind was crazy.... when I kicked off into it I could only get it to the 30.... kicking the other way I couldnt get to not be a touchback.

I may still have the record saved on my 06 save file. Parki did see the record though.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I'm still playing 2005 because my Playstation can't handle 2006.

My Cardinals franchise is heavily advanced. 3-1 in 2010, 28-24 over Cincy (down 21-14 going into the 4th quarter), 28-31 to St Louis (down 31-14 going into the 4th), 24-21 over Carolina (down 21-7 going into the 4th) and 24-21 over Baltimore (again down 21-14 going into the last quarter - the Ravens rookie kicker missed a 46 yard field goal to take the game to overtime in the last seconds).

My last two season have been pains the the arse. I made the NFC Championship game against New Orleans in 2008, lost 34-33 on a last second field goal - i missed an extra point when i scored a touchdown with 40 seconds to go). The next season was strange. I beat all the teams i expected a tough game against, but i lost 38-20 to a crap San Fransicso (28-7 after 1 quarter!!) and late in the season i got murdered 44-14 by a dreadful Oakland. I trailed 21-10 to Seattle in the NFC Championship Game, clawed my way back to lead 25-21 before a last second touchdown had me losing 28-25.

I hope for better playoff luck this season.

Big Tim

First Grade
You need the All-Madden sliders.

If you play on PS2 I can post mine up here.

But they are a work in progress as I have the highest overall in the league and I am trying to get to a state where I get beaten, or pushed hard constantly.

Latest posts