What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madden 2007

Big Tim

First Grade
ahh....

Different prospect. I will draft a CB who is projected in a lower round if he has far superior Speed and Acc. My current CB's are Carlos Rogers who is slow at 91Spd, my other 2 were draft picks. 98spd and 99sdp rated at 93Ovr and 89Ovr respectively.

If Rogers gets burned its a TD, if not these guys can normally catch them.

Sanchez

Coach
i pick almost all my players on speed. if they slow no matter how good there other stats are i wont buy them

Eelementary

Post Whore
Big Tim said:
I like giving up the odd big play. Makes the game a little realistic.

To catch a long ball you need to take control... dont let the CPU do it. You can position yourself better and jump at the correct time rather than trying to catch it on the run.

I prefer playing defence to offense. And I have no problems with long plays. My problem is that I'll dominate their QB all day, but just right before the end of the match, they'll start completing the most flukiest passes ever (and I mean that - often JUST asd my guys are in their face and sacking them).

And on drafting, I go for speed and interview (awareness).

Big Tim

First Grade
I saw something crazy today. Madden 07 lowers speed in older players too much. The Chargers have Ronde Barber on their squad (I am midway through season 4) and he is now 34 and has a speed rating of 79!!!!!!!

My starting DT has 78 speed.... wtf!!!!

Santana Moss is gonna cut him up deep.

Big Tim

First Grade
Every Madden is worth buying.... I normally trade up for a new model every year.

The new playmaker features are great. Players have different roles, like feature back, run stopper, d playmaker etc and they increase or decrease stats depending on what players you have.

My point about the speed was that it silly.... he will not be that slow in 3-4 years time guaranteed.

normally when i fantasy draft i go for a defensive end or middle line backer (ie ray lewis) but this time i got the number 1 pick and decided to go for champ bailey. hes a bloody machine and the opposition qb are so dumb they keep chucking his way.

2nd in intercepts is troy polmanu with 9 interecepts and champ bailey has 21 intercepts. hes always going to be my first pick if possible.

Sanchez

Coach
i always pick clinton portis.
id kiss the ground that man walks on.
no1 asset in all of my fantasy draft teams

Big Tim

First Grade
Sanchez said:
i always pick clinton portis.
id kiss the ground that man walks on.
no1 asset in all of my fantasy draft teams

Sadly.... that selection didnt work out for me :( :( (shoulda taken LT)

Anyway, thats not to do with Madden.

I started playing SS mode for the first time, became the starting RG for the Colts. The Brooks glitch ruins the game as Bulger had 5 fumbles, and the Rams had -257 Rushing in the first half of my first game.... and I only had 4 min quarters!!!!!

That ruins what could be a really awesome change to Franchise mode.

Latest posts