What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madden 2007

Big Tim

First Grade
Accel clock runs down the play clock, and if the game clock is running that goes accel too.

If you have accel clock you wont need to no huddle so much, just in 2 min drill.

It just makes it more realistsic, but if you are not inot that, youre just not into it.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
When i bring in variety i run into trouble. I have about 20 preferred plays and then some others that i sometimes go to.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I like having a mobile QB, just in case. That way I can scramble for a first down if nothing is on.

I love curls. Very effective plays.

Eelementary

Post Whore
FB Dives are also ruthlessly effective. Most NFL FB's have high break tackle stats, and so you don't even need to sprint.

Big Tim

First Grade
sanchez moreno said:
i use 3 pass plays and about 10 running plays

Im not having a crack here, but if thats all you do are you getting the most out of the game?? Are you learning more about the game or is it just about stats??

I like finishing the season with my receivers between 70 - 30 receptions (ie 70 for WR1, 50 for TE 40-50 for WR2 and 30 for WR3) and my RB to have 1,200 yards and the backup to get at least 600

I average about 19PPG and give up around 16PPG so I get alot out of Madden every year.

I use as much of the playbook as I can, however some plays are just useless and others are used more in the clutch.

Sanchez

Coach
hmm could say that but i tend to go for equality. 4-5 receivers and a te get 3- 4 passes each per game and the running back gets at least 100 yards per game

Big Tim

First Grade
I guess I am just getting at the fact that you say you only use 13 offensive plays....

Like I said, I just dont think you are getting the most out of the game.... but if you enjoy it, thats all that matters.

What team do you run with?

Big Tim

First Grade
Skins, Skins and Skins.

I always use the Skins and in the past 2 intsallments (before 07) I have played at keast 10 seasons. Its great fun as the teams barely resemble what they startred.

Godz Illa

Coach
One for the Madden-ing crowd. Using Chicago trailing 24-6 at halftime v Vikings in Minnesota on All-Madden, I won 26-24. My greatest ever comeback. Culpepper was running the ball and carving me up but a little tweak of the D and the Bears took control.

Eelementary

Post Whore
There's nothing better than that feeling, eh Godz Illa?

I had a similar situation - Super Bowl. It was my Raiders against the Falcons. It was 10-10 in the 4th quarter with 2 minutes left, and the Falcons went on like a 90-yard drive. Vick was tearing me apart - I couldn't stop him. But then I got an idea - I decided to switch from a deafult 3-4 defense to a 4-3 defense, and used a nickel formation. I told my men to blitz the run - it worked like a charm. Vick rushed, got hit by my MLB Danny Clark, fumbled the ball and got injured. The clock ran down, I received the ball, went on a long drive and scored a TD with Moss to win 16-10. Brilliant.

Sanchez

Coach
i always make sure to use blitz plays when facing roaming qbs.
i also play with imjuries and sim injuries on the highest it can go

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yeah blitzes are useful.

I just hate it how sometimes guys like Brady, Peyton Manning and Vick will randomly start throwin the freakiest passes - and connecting them! Seriously - in that Super Bowl, he had Clark and Woodson RIGHT in his face and just as they tackled him, he threw a 40-yard pass! :fist:

Sanchez

Coach
doh!
i hate giving up a catch deep then being near impossible to catch them even with a highly superior speed rating

Big Tim

First Grade
I like giving up the odd big play. Makes the game a little realistic.

To catch a long ball you need to take control... dont let the CPU do it. You can position yourself better and jump at the correct time rather than trying to catch it on the run.