What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly are gonna get smashed on Monday night *spoiler alert*

Eaglebuzz

Juniors
The first sentence (the one that brought this issue up) is worded horrifically. It could use with at least one commar and a better choice of word than 'convincible' (which is a word, as you say, but was not the right word for what you were trying to say).

Anyway, just thought I'd try and point out why the other poster had difficulty with your initial post.

Please check your own spelling and grammar before you critique others? Because 'commar' isn't a word... 'comma' is.

I'm quite happy for this thread to be here. I don't think Manly are under any intense pressure to win this game but you'll feel pretty stupid if they lose now for having created this thread.

stormbati

Bench
Arrogant - making claims or pretensions to superior importance or rights; overbearingly assuming; insolently proud (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/arrogant)

Nah, arrogance without a doubt.

Ah numbnuts, did you bother to look at the meaning of confident?
"assured; certain confident of victory; sure of oneself; self-confident"
"persuaded of; very sure"

I couldnt care how many grandfinals they have won its still the largest grandfinal loss in the history of rugby league.:lol:

Ok fair enough, it is the biggest and probably will always be. Manly fans can be very proud of that.

One does not count for all...
So now you agree with this pisspot?

effnic

Bench
Ah numbnuts, did you bother to look at the meaning of confident?

I seriously cant help but put the word "boy" at the end of your username. And after reading this absolute rubbish you write it seems to suit you perfectly.

davohan123

Juniors
i am a die hard manly fan
I think though i have to agree melbourne will be specials for this game
You don't see them loose 2 matches in a row and GI being so quiet this year smells of danger
I can see manly being very competitive but just lacking the class in the second half
32-10 to Melbourne

and the return match in round 23 to be like the one in 2008 at Brookvale (very tough match that day and a wonderful atmosphere )

Dazraider

Juniors
manlys aggressive attitude will keep them in the game and their record against the storm speaks for itself, not many sides have won more hd to hd.
i think storm just getting the win but manly will give them a hard tough aggressive fight to the end

MsStorm

Bench
I'm a bit on edge about this game. Manly will be wanting to revenge last year's loss in the finals. It will be a tough game, with the Storm in a close win (hopefully).

eaglerock

Juniors
PPLLLLEEAAASSSEEEE f**kin tell me why melbourne fans love to talk them selves up so much????
Reminds me of OUR FANS....
but seriously, not looking forward to this game..Never do, Melbourne are a level above everyone else. but it will be tight...GO MANLY

stormbati

Bench
I seriously cant help but put the word "boy" at the end of your username. And after reading this absolute rubbish you write it seems to suit you perfectly.

Why is it rubbish? Because I called him numbnuts? Or gave him the meaning of confident? Please explain!

And to everyone thinking I'm talking myself up and apparently all Storm supporters are just like me, wakeup to yourselves!
This is the first time I've shown abit of confidence or so called "arrogance". Hell I even tipped Newcastle to beat us.

effnic

Bench
Why is it rubbish? Because I called him numbnuts? Or gave him the meaning of confident? Please explain!

And to everyone thinking I'm talking myself up and apparently all Storm supporters are just like me, wakeup to yourselves!
This is the first time I've shown abit of confidence or so called "arrogance". Hell I even tipped Newcastle to beat us.

I was actually talking about every single post you write bati boy.

gronkathon

First Grade
So to summarize Manly players will all get smashed on Monday night and than Tony Williams will drive the team bus back to the Motel

hunters

Juniors
Storm are coming off a loss and a 10 day break.

All the portents are there for a shellacking.

Storm 34-Manly 14
Not sure a 10 day break at this point of the season is an advantage, might even be to their detriment?

Evenflow

Bench
Not sure a 10 day break at this point of the season is an advantage, might even be to their detriment?

Given 4 of their first 5 games have been away not to mention travelling to the other side of the world for the WCC up to this point in the season, i'd say a 10 day break would be a godsend to freshen them right up.

Cletus

First Grade
manlys aggressive attitude will keep them in the game and their record against the storm speaks for itself, not many sides have won more hd to hd.
i think storm just getting the win but manly will give them a hard tough aggressive fight to the end

That's about how I see it but the loss of Kite plus Rose being out will make it harder in the forwards. That said I've been really impressed with our backline this year and I think we're capable of scoring some tries against them and hopefully getting the win.

stormbati

Bench
That's about how I see it but the loss of Kite plus Rose being out will make it harder in the forwards. That said I've been really impressed with our backline this year and I think we're capable of scoring some tries against them and hopefully getting the win.

I'm struggling to see where Manly's points will come from. Maybe Tony Williams or Lyon could trouble Inglis and Quinn. Our right side defense is surprisingly very strong consdering how much experience they've had in first grade, let alone as a combination (Neilsen and MacDougall)

I really think this will be a storm runaway victory, but Manly remind me of a 2006 storm who had just lost Orford and many tipped to win the spoon.

In saying all that, Slater, Inglis, Finch and Quinn will run riot.

Cletus

First Grade
I'm struggling to see where Manly's points will come from. Maybe Tony Williams or Lyon could trouble Inglis and Quinn. Our right side defense is surprisingly very strong consdering how much experience they've had in first grade, let alone as a combination (Neilsen and MacDougall)

I really think this will be a storm runaway victory, but Manly remind me of a 2006 storm who had just lost Orford and many tipped to win the spoon.

In saying all that, Slater, Inglis, Finch and Quinn will run riot.

I'd say the Lyon Williams combo will trouble Melbourne but I'm talking about the whole backline with those two on the end of it, Foran and Hodkinson have been great and Glenn Stewart has been in great from as well. We haven't missed Orford as much as some of the pundits thought we would, if anything we look better.

Latest posts