What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly Game Thread.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
This is what was said at half time, that Price was pleading with his players to play with shape (i.e. the gameplan), but seemingly they keep ignoring him, or they are going into some sort of autopilot mode on the field.

We certainly had a lot more space than we did against the Roosters, I think thats more the defence though, plus we exhausted them with defence.
Said by the commentators?

I was down at the local and the sound was turned down. Horrendous Karaoke was screaming off-key in the background. But it was still preferable to having the Fox commentators. Nevertheless, it's good to see they were watching the same game as me, if only for a brief moment.

On the subject (and probably should have started a new thread), I'll be getting one of these...

Sony has created a "Football Mode" for its new BDV-N7100W 4K and 3D Blu-ray Home Cinema System that will let footie fans enhance the noise of the crowd in the stadium while at the same time allowing them to ditch the audio commentary.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/120...nhance-stadium-noise-and-ditch-the-commentary

I've been dreaming of this for some time.

bottle

Coach
Yes of course, said by the commentators.
Will now go into the mythology and lexicography of the negative Nellie's.
Already saw someone posting something along the lines of Price having no respect amongst the players because he has to 'plead' whilst Toovey 'demands'. Lol.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Are you sure you were at the game,Vidot is awful.Won't tackle or put his massive body on the line,that shoulder charge was embarrassing,misses tacles and that chip kick almost bought down snow and was not needed.
His hitups were also half hearted.The sooner we get a fullback and Nighty gets back there ,the better.

Vidot is, and always has been, f*cking terrible. He is a brainless corpse that looks like tarzan and plays like Jane's 5 year old sister. The sooner he f*cks off, the better

FundyDragon

Bench
I was at the game last night and the thing that struck me most was the crappy passing from dummy half especially to our backline. There were so many wasted opportunities when players had to scoop the ball off there toes or leap up to catch the ball. With Manly moving up fast in defence out wide so many plays were shut down because we were busy trying to catch a bad pass.

Cherry Evans kicking game 9/10. Dragons 4/10.

Goal kicking - No comment

We looked really good at times but our mistakes lead to Manly points more often.

Stockwell has huge potential.

We need a halfback ASAP. Bring in Drinkwater (nothing to lose). Fien can rotate with Rein.

TheRev

First Grade

Yep by the commentator on the sidelines, no idea if he listens to the dressing room or its 2nd hand info..

Bottle, nothing meant by this statement, just that Price had to remind (use whatever word you prefer lol, but they used 'plead') them to play with shape, which is what we all want and dont understand why they keep playing so flat, though I think Soward is a part of it since he runs sideways.

Craig93

Juniors
I thought weyman was pretty good for us last night in his return.
And fein done well trying hard.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Give Price a few season (6 tops) and he may get us in the top 8. Have faith guys....

On the positives for this season Stockwell has been great and a future star. Merrin a future leader and Nightingale, wow will this guy ever have a bad game? I Don't think so.... Absolute legend.

As for Fein, if you look at try assists, last week he had 6 and the leader which I think was Jonathon Thurston had 9. Can't be that bad. At least he tries his guts out every game and more importantly puts his body on the line.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
How bad were we? I think this shows.
We had 61% possesion made 48 more hitups for 408 more meters gained.
Manly kicked 167 more meters than us, made 9 more errors than us, 77 more tackles than us and missed 15 more tackles than us.
We won the penalty count 9-2 Manly were missing 6 i think regular players and we still couldnt win.
The reality is that with a full strength team they would have done us by 30 points plus.
We are not in the race, pretenders, thats the truth im afraid. I couldnt sleep last night. What a long winter it will be.

Thanks for those stats Hewi...after reading them over and over I feel worse.... now its my turn not to sleep tonite.....geez

The Preacher

First Grade
I played 29yrs of footy , watched an untold number of games on tele, and been to footy grounds to watch games live since 1964.
On Monday night I saw something that I thought was disgraceful, and very,very rare.
I saw one of our own players run around on the hallowed turf of Jubilee Oval as a player with NO TICKER. Not only that, he couldn't have kicked me out of bed with his game losing effort, if you can call it an effort.
I thought Phill Gould had a good footy brain, but by buying this PEA HEART he has shown the vision of Stevie Wonder. Leave Soward, leave NOW, you joke.

Cagey Mac

Bench
I played 29yrs of footy , watched an untold number of games on tele, and been to footy grounds to watch games live since 1964.
On Monday night I saw something that I thought was disgraceful, and very,very rare.
I saw one of our own players run around on the hallowed turf of Jubilee Oval as a player with NO TICKER. Not only that, he couldn't have kicked me out of bed with his game losing effort, if you can call it an effort.
I thought Phill Gould had a good footy brain, but by buying this PEA HEART he has shown the vision of Stevie Wonder. Leave Soward, leave NOW, you joke.

C'mon Preacher..don't hold back..stop sitting on the fence and say what you mean.

I wasn't there BTW but his kicking in general play seems to have been way better than Feins. His goal kicking and ball running 0%

Old_Timer

Juniors
....Sony has created a "Football Mode" for its new BDV-N7100W 4K and 3D Blu-ray Home Cinema System that will let footie fans enhance the noise of the crowd in the stadium while at the same time allowing them to ditch the audio commentary..

Willow, as a home theater geek myself, please be assured that 4K TV will not become a reality in Oz any time soon. Given that our footy is broadcast in glorious 576 interlace, plus the average punter having no idea what 1080 progressive is, the likehood of 2160 (UHD) so called 4K Tv, is eons away. But you could migrate to Japan as NHK is testing 8K for it's baseball broadcasts.

As for me, my 17" Stromberg Carlson B&W is still going gangbusters. Plus I still have my treasured Astor Mickey Mantle wireless as a backup. But all I am getting on the Stromberg Carlson lately is snow. Maybe a loose valve or two?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Willow, as a home theater geek myself, please be assured that 4K TV will not become a reality in Oz any time soon. Given that our footy is broadcast in glorious 576 interlace, plus the average punter having no idea what 1080 progressive is, the likehood of 2160 (UHD) so called 4K Tv, is eons away. But you could migrate to Japan as NHK is testing 8K for it's baseball broadcasts.

As for me, my 17" Stromberg Carlson B&W is still going gangbusters. Plus I still have my treasured Astor Mickey Mantle wireless as a backup. But all I am getting on the Stromberg Carlson lately is snow. Maybe a loose valve or two?
Get with the times old geek.

Sony N9100 home cinema system lets viewer turn off sports commentary

The Sony N9100 home cinema system, which is expected to be released in Australia in June, has a football mode designed to enhance the sounds of the action and the crowd but eliminate the commentary.

The Preacher

First Grade
C'mon Willow you semi-old fart, talk footy, not communication bullshit that I don't understand either. hehe.
My son (14) is teaching me how to use an Iphone, which is not easy when you have hand tremors and sausage fingers!!!
Anyway, get back to footy ya bastard.

TheRev

First Grade
I like the commentary myself, the exception being Ray Hadlee, who I just cant stand for some reason.

They did this Twin Commentary comparison last night on NRL360, was a Souths length of the field try (inglis and co), 873's Commentary first and ABC's Commentary 2nd, the difference was incredible, my hair was tingling with the ABC Version, I dont know what it was but he just captured the excitement perfectly.

jenninga

First Grade
I like the commentary myself, the exception being Ray Hadlee, who I just cant stand for some reason.

They did this Twin Commentary comparison last night on NRL360, was a Souths length of the field try (inglis and co), 873's Commentary first and ABC's Commentary 2nd, the difference was incredible, my hair was tingling with the ABC Version, I dont know what it was but he just captured the excitement perfectly.
Something about Darwin i think ,caused an uproar.:D