What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly Game Thread.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Was at the game, Vidot was good and was always trying, Creagh another average game, with most of the vans in my bay, all agreeing he is not playing well. Really disappointed with Soward, missed goals from sideline are one thing, but one jus off centre was unacceptable. Bronson Harrison, Prior and De Belin all below par. I,m also sick of forward passes from Fien and Rein from dummy half, they do it all the time and kills any momentum. Agree Frizell is a decent player.

Creagh hasn't been good since he ran away from Hodges in SOO

Joey_dragons

Juniors
Rein and fein are the kings of forward passes. They do it every game. It kills me. That forward pass cost us the game in the end when George taufau scored

Lewish33

Juniors
Rein and fein are the kings of forward passes. They do it every game. It kills me. That forward pass cost us the game in the end when George taufau scored

Not only that, but looping passes that take forever and passes that are too high for the first receiver. That really slows momentum too.

Louiethefly

Juniors
Rein needs to be dropped to the bench after tonights performance... Hopefully King will be ready to go against the Titans next week Reins service out of dummy half tonight was awful, we looked 10 times better whenever Fien went to dummy half.

FlameThrower

Bench
STOP PRES!!!!!! Was listening to 2MMM, as punishment for another loss, and trying to crawl out of the side streets of Kogarah ,,,,,,, Anyway, Harrigan stated that Refs got it wrong, was not a forward pass, and was game changer.....bugger all now, but we got shafted. But saying that, the 1st half "display" killed us, and we can!t play catch up, with the current squad, not to mention, Morris going off so early...

Our defence is a rabble especially on the goal-line. To me, the best indicator of a team's discipline is not penalties condeded, but your goal-line. It also happens to be where the team's real spirit is demonstrated. But it starts with discipline - and that rests squarely with the coach.

I saw Manly congratulating each other big-time, and moreso for great defence then for the tries they scored.

I am so sour at Price's re-appointment. I hope he has something in the bag to prove me wrong.

The big thing is his apparant lack of passion. Pragmatism does not motivate players like passion can.

effnic

Bench
QFT

We had more possession, better field position and still managed to f**k it up.

Dont forget to add you had the onfield refs, video refs and touchies all in your pocket aswell. You guys Deffs should of won that one. f**king disgracful.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Not only that, but looping passes that take forever and passes that are too high for the first receiver. That really slows momentum too.

Excellent point, makes you wonder if the guys are practising the basics at training. The elite ( top 4 ) sides make these things look smooth. I realise there was an unusually big break between games, but by now the basics should be under control.

Puff

First Grade
Excellent point, makes you wonder if the guys are practising the basics at training. The elite ( top 4 ) sides make these things look smooth. I realise there was an unusually big break between games, but by now the basics should be under control.

At this level if you are teaching guys basics you might as well be playing park footy.

There are somethings you shouldn't be training at elite sport level, and one of those things is basics. Fitness training, set plays, game plans, position rotation due to injury, yes. The other stuff they are wasting their time.

hewi

Bench
How bad were we? I think this shows.
We had 61% possesion made 48 more hitups for 408 more meters gained.
Manly kicked 167 more meters than us, made 9 more errors than us, 77 more tackles than us and missed 15 more tackles than us.
We won the penalty count 9-2 Manly were missing 6 i think regular players and we still couldnt win.
The reality is that with a full strength team they would have done us by 30 points plus.
We are not in the race, pretenders, thats the truth im afraid. I couldnt sleep last night. What a long winter it will be.

How bad were we? I think this shows.
We had 61% possesion made 48 more hitups for 408 more meters gained.
Manly kicked 167 more meters than us, made 9 more errors than us, 77 more tackles than us and missed 15 more tackles than us.
We won the penalty count 9-2 Manly were missing 6 i think regular players and we still couldnt win.
The reality is that with a full strength team they would have done us by 30 points plus.
We are not in the race, pretenders, thats the truth im afraid. I couldnt sleep last night. What a long winter it will be.

These are terrible statistics to favour a losing team - and at home!

Think we had our lucky underpants pulled down.

Twenty10

Juniors
Was at the game, Vidot was good and was always trying, Creagh another average game, with most of the vans in my bay, all agreeing he is not playing well. Really disappointed with Soward, missed goals from sideline are one thing, but one jus off centre was unacceptable. Bronson Harrison, Prior and De Belin all below par. I,m also sick of forward passes from Fien and Rein from dummy half, they do it all the time and kills any momentum. Agree Frizell is a decent player.

Creagh and Harrison have been woeful. I worry that creagh and captaincy are affecting his game. He's wasted being played like a prop.

dwight12

Juniors
Creagh and Harrison have been woeful. I worry that creagh and captaincy are affecting his game. He's wasted being played like a prop.

I feel Creagh had a go last night. The Bronson Harrison saga confuses me as I'm not to sure on what Price's thinking is to have him on the bench and only play him for 15-20 minutes. I think that if King is healthy, I wouldn't be surprised if Harrison drops off the bench for King this week. Depending on our injury's though. I hope that if Morris is out that Price does not pick Prior in the centres and instead goes with someone like Vai Vai.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The first 30 minutes was one of the worst performances I've seen in years. Consistently trying to run wide, terrible completion rate, pissweak defence. To get a try at the end of all that was a task in itself.

It was only when they started hitting it up the middle that we saw some progress. It's amazing what a simple game it can be sometimes, stick close to the ruck and hammer them. Manly were clearly vulnerable there. Why it took half an hour to do the obvious is beyond me. It's not like we had a star backline on the field. Cooper out, Morris gone, Nightingale at fullback. No real wingers and at least one stand-in centre. But they kept on with wide movements for most of the first half - I can't believe that was part of the game plan.

With 20 minutes to go there was only 4 points in it. I thought we were going to win from there, given all the possession and momentum. But it was all just part of the frustration. I suppose realistically you can't give the opposition an 18 point head start and expect to win. And it was a head start, there was nothing special from Manly in those early tries, our defence was simply crap.

Special mention to Matt Prior, the reluctant cente. He monstered Lyon a couple of times. Shades of Bluey Wilson when he was chucked into that position.

Also, don't know if it has been mentioned here yet, but I heard this morning that Manly hadn't previously beaten us at Kogarah since 1997. Just thought I'd add that to the tale of woe.

Anyway, onto next week...

Elias1983

Coach
If there is something that needs to be tied up quickly it's the Weyman re-signing.

He came on in the last 10 mins of that first half and they all lifted, he got in their and starting ripping into manly.

As soon as we got that little bit aggressive Manly lost their groove.

Re-sign weyma and stockwell is a future star!!!

Frizzell was great as well.

The injury to morris although not desirable may force Price's hand in blooding some new talent. Quinlan? Vai vai?

Mr Red

First Grade
shades of the brisbane match again where we dominated possession and still couldnt win..
good to see Price learning from previous matches..
lucky Manly didnt have their full team, and were also sore and tired from the previous weeks game against the bunnies...
i am so happy we have signed Price another season... if anyone can make great players like Widdop look very average it will be the Price game plan..