What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

I think Blair will get off (send off sufficienct). I think both Stewarts will get 1-2 weeks and anothe manly player who was lying into Blair on the ground may get 2-3 weeks.

Shutup nice person.

Gay-Lesbian-Homophobia.jpg

Shorty

Staff member
Awesome for diehard fans like you and I Garts. But those kinds of fans aren't going anywhere, the NRL isn't trying to lure us in, it already has us. It's trying hard to get the mums on board who are deciding whether to put their kids in under 6 footy or under 6 Soccer. People like that won't 'love the biff' like we do.

Anything that might make our code look like 'thugby' has been and always will be stamped out. What happened tonight used to happen every weekend in the 80s. Now it's gunna be all anyone talks about at least until judiciary night.

I can't see G Stewart and Blair playing again this year. Not because that's what I want to happen, but because of what the NRL needs to do to acheive its goals. And I could see quite a few others getting 1-2 weeks.
The thing is, and I might have to try and find the link.
They did a list on the most injuries in sport and RL and even Rugby are nowhere near the top.
Who's at the top? Soccer and, yep, AFL.

I think Blair and Stewart will get the most punishment but whoever said 12 weeks is out of their mind.
I'm a girl and I can't believe the sooking I'm seeing on here, it is a violent sport and these two teams are rivals.
4 weeks is enough for both the dukers and B.Stewart will get 1 or 2 (please stop over dramatizing it ppl, it wasn't that bad).
As for the others, nothing, but the clubs should get fined.

We want to make sure we put our foot down with punishments but I loved it...it was so tribal..it gives our sport some intensity.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
One of the negatives is that it will ruin another great match-up next week between the Broncos and Sea Eagles.

I have no doubt that Manly will lose at least 3 players out of this.

What's Blairs record like? I think some people might be surprised by w/e suspension he ends up copping. Firstly for throwing the uppercut in the first stink, secondly for catching up on Stewart(who did throw the first punch, but I digress), but more importantly after the 2nd brawl it looked like Blair was chasing Stewart down the tunnel haha.

I don't know if anyone else clocked that? He wasn't running, but he looked eager to catch up to Stewart. It's a shame the camera man didn't follow them as I'm sure they'd have been some more words exchanged.

LOVED IT. What are the odds for another Storm - Sea Eagles game in the Finals? Would be GREAT

nrlnrl

First Grade
As long as its not a drawn out process, get it sorted out as simply and as soon as possible.

I'm not sure what you mean, but it'll be the same as any other round, players & charges will be named around lunchtime on Monday. It's more than likely players will contest some of the charges & they'll be heard Wednesday night.

What's Blairs record like? I think some people might be surprised by w/e suspension he ends up copping. Firstly for throwing the uppercut in the first stink, secondly for catching up on Stewart(who did throw the first punch, but I digress), but more importantly after the 2nd brawl it looked like Blair was chasing Stewart down the tunnel haha.

I don't know if anyone else clocked that? He wasn't running, but he looked eager to catch up to Stewart. It's a shame the camera man didn't follow them as I'm sure they'd have been some more words exchanged.

LOVED IT. What are the odds for another Storm - Sea Eagles game in the Finals? Would be GREAT

1 v 2 can't meet in the semis on in the GF

super_coach

First Grade
The Bronks and tigers will be laughing come mid next week when some hefty suspensions are handed out. Manly have been pushing the boundaries all year with their physical in your face style of football and the kings of grapple and wrestle get most teams frustrated and you can see why a team can snap against them.

Really I dont think it was such a big deal and maybe both teams should cop a hefty fine and a couple of minor suspensions handed out but people asking for ten week suspensions are kidding them self, other than a bad look their wasn't much in it