What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Blair and G Stewart are equally to blame IMO. Could have easily been avoided.

Stewart could have gone to the sheds quicker and Blair didn't have to get in his face. They should get equal treatment.

But that's just good old fashioned biff from those two.

I have more of an issue with some of the dog acts from other players TBH.

SingleSpeed73

Juniors
Last time i checked it wasnt a crime to defend your brother, i'd do the same
Blair/Gift = 3 weeks
Snake = 2 weeks
Lussick 1 week
Hunchcliffe = 1 week
A fine for both clubs
Ignore the hysterical drama queens from the wooden spoon winning teams who want 20 weeks etc
Cowboys Warriors fight a few years ago which was worse got about the same Gallop will have his 2 cents worth both sets of fans with agree he is a bigger prick than before and the game will move on

SingleSpeed73

Juniors
How about adressing some of the questions instead of sidestepping..yes or no will do..
Q.Did GS take four steps to the right(not ONE inch) to get in front of AB as he was running off?
Q.Did he then take a step to the left to again get in front of AB when he changed direction ?

Simple its called watching your back so you dont get king hit. Anybody with training in a fighting art knows that if our not aware of your surrounding you get decked

Blair/Gift = 3 weeks
Snake = 2 weeks
Lussick 1 week
Hunchcliffe = 1 week
A fine for both clubs
Ignore the hysterical drama queens from the wooden spoon winning teams who want 20 weeks etc
Cowboys Warriors fight a few years ago which was worse got about the same Gallop will have his 2 cents worth both sets of fans with agree he is a bigger prick than before and the game will move on
King hitting someone is.

Walt Flanigan

Referee

He was going toe to toe with Blair, it's not like he was outnumbered.

If my brother was going 1 on 1 with someone I'd probably just break it up. Not sprint in and try to decapitate the unsuspecting other bloke. Dog act.

Simo

First Grade
King hitting someone is.

Did he king hit anyone? Unless I missed something in the outbreak all I saw was him sprint over and completely f**k up an attempt to tackle Blair off G Stewart.

The funny part of the blair stewart blue was that they stood toe to toe and didnt land a punch! The White Price biff was way better.

Loved the drama of it all

zovi

Juniors
He had a good 45 seconds head start. What was he doing? And why the glance back before he swung for him?

19 seconds, he glanced back at the trainer who said hey hey hey hey. youtube.com/watch?v=V_g_RtsnCbE can see and hear it there. Lucky for brett he had a straight arm and open hand and was using a tackling motion, he was just trying to tackle him off. lussick walking over and punching blair on the ground and blairs uppercut on lussick are the two main offenses.

thorson1987

Coach
He was going toe to toe with Blair, it's not like he was outnumbered.

If my brother was going 1 on 1 with someone I'd probably just break it up. Not sprint in and try to decapitate the unsuspecting other bloke. Dog act.

This, except i would sit back until people from the other side got involved.

SingleSpeed73

Juniors
Did he king hit anyone? Unless I missed something in the outbreak all I saw was him sprint over and completely f**k up an attempt to tackle Blair off G Stewart.

The funny part of the blair stewart blue was that they stood toe to toe and didnt land a punch! The White Price biff was way better.

Loved the drama of it all

Exactly this !

eaglerock

Juniors
Has everyone seen the entire footage? BS ran in and what looks like to pull AB away, i mean you dont king hit someone with 2 Hands or Arms...

IMO there are only 3 dog acts in the whole incident:
1 Blair's Uppercut to Lussick when blair wasnt even involved to start with...
2 Lussick's Uppercuts to Blair when he was on the ground
3 2 Storm INT (bench) players getting involved,

Punishments
1 AB-GS 4 Weeks each AB possibly 3 because GS has loading.
2 Lussick 2 Weeks.
3 BS 1 Week - Purely because he ran all that way.
4 Both Clubs will get a Financial Fine and the Storm will get a harsher Fine for having the INT players getting involved

SingleSpeed73

Juniors
Has everyone seen the entire footage? BS ran in and what looks like to pull AB away, i mean you dont king hit someone with 2 Hands or Arms...

IMO there are only 3 dog acts in the whole incident:
1 Blair's Uppercut to Lussick when blair wasnt even involved to start with...
2 Lussick's Uppercuts to Blair when he was on the ground
3 2 Storm INT (bench) players getting involved,

Punishments
1 AB-GS 4 Weeks each AB possibly 3 because GS has loading.
2 Lussick 2 Weeks.
3 BS 1 Week - Purely because he ran all that way.
4 Both Clubs will get a Financial Fine and the Storm will get a harsher Fine for having the INT players getting involved

I agree with this, punishment about right too

Stinkler

Juniors
The biggest shock of this whole incident (besides Thaiday not turning up) was that Watmough and Matai managed to behave themselves fairly well. Congrats to them!

The NRL will feel that they need to come down hard on what happened last night. It's a bad look for the sport (even though most people on here seem to have enjoyed it). The negative publicity leading in to the finals is not good for the brand.

As I said earlier, I'm seeing lots of charges being laid, mostly on the lower end of the scale. B & G Stewart and Blair (maybe Lussick) will be the only ones suspended. Big fines for each club are a formality.

simostorm

Bench
Nope he did his knee in the 35th minute after staying down in backplay after the T-Rex try.

not to sure about that man.. they were playing the footage on fox today, and showed when Stewart came in and you see his leg go as he passed by Blair.. well.. as far as what they were saying on the panel, thats when he did his knee..
you could see his knee bend in a ackward position.. looked certain to me by his expression also that thats when he did it..

Latest posts