What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

SingleSpeed73

Juniors
Blair has to change directions TWICE.
Stewart Grabs Blairs Jumper first.
Stewart throws the first punch.

What Blair said is irrelevant.
Blair not continuing to jog off is irrelevant.

Wrong !! that is what started the 2nd punch up Catch up, shoot your mouth off, fight starts

Blair pushing Stewart after Stewart has a hold of his jumper is irrelevant.
The referees said Stewart was the aggressor, and Blair retaliated.
The commentators (tho i use the term loosely for King Wally)said that Blair got sent off for head butting Stewarts fist and he was standing RIGHT IN FRONT OF IT.
Anybody with two eyes sees the same thing.

You cant help me cause i dont need help. I could see who threw the first punch. I could see who changed directions to get in the way of the person jogging off the field. I could see who first grabs the other player.
You didnt.

M2D2

Bench
Its not wrong.
It doesnt matter what Blair said.
STEWART. THREW. THE. FIRST. PUNCH
HES THE AGGRESSOR!

M2D2

Bench
It doesnt matter. If Ifs And buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry christmas.
What happened. Happened. Stewart threw the first punch. Hes the aggressor.
Theres no "oh if he kept on jogging" It doesnt matter.
Stewart changed direction.
Stewart grabbed his jersey.
Stewart threw the first punch.
Referrals claimed correctly who was the aggressor and who retaliated.

SingleSpeed73

Juniors
Lets just agree to disagree, i think your point of view is fcked you think mine is.
MRC to sort out who was right and wrong

Its 10am here time for Longboarding

M2D2

Bench
You could say Blair caught up to him
Blair pushed him first
You could say Stewart should have jogged of, but didnt. You could say that, cause depending on your outlook this also happened.
However, Stewart grabbed him first and Punched on first.

Eels Dude

Coach
It doesn't matter what all Manly fans think. When it comes to labelling the agressor it's who threw the first punch. Everything else is secondary. Who threw the first punch is the determining factor. It's in the rules.

oval

Juniors
Phil Rothfield is referring to yesterdays game as "Black Friday" - the day thuggery has returned to the NRL. What a queer little man.

Whoever says this is a bad look for the game has no idea. Rugby League IS a thuggish game, and its this physical intensity that attracts alot of people. The fight yesterday is the best publicity the NRL has had in ages, and is far better for the game than the ridiculous bvllshit Rothfield and his fellow shock jocks dish out.

And regarding the petty bickering over who started the Stewart/Blair fight - seriously, who gives a f**k?

Mr Fourex

Bench
I can't understand how everyone wants to blame the whole thing on the Manly players.

To me by far the most culpable player is Blair. The whole reason this escalated from the initial Lussick/Hinchcliffe fight was because of his filthy king hit.

Is a really well timed uppercut considered a "filthy king hit"...........? :crazy:

I blame Stewart for the sideline blow up. He walked off and shifted his line of walking to bump into Blair as Blair was jogging off.

If a fight wasn't on Glen Stewarts mind he would have headed straight for the sheds.

Blair and G. Stewart get 4 weeks

B. Stewart and Lussick get 2 weeks for running in throwing punches.

Both clubs should be fined substantially for bringing the game into disrepute re: the bench involvement/sideline melee

aussie7798

First Grade
Check the footage of brett stewarts face as he turns from trying to decapitate Blair he looks rabid

ceagle

Bench
Phil Rothfield is referring to yesterdays game as "Black Friday" - the day thuggery has returned to the NRL. What a queer little man.

Whoever says this is a bad look for the game has no idea. Rugby League IS a thuggish game, and its this physical intensity that attracts alot of people. The fight yesterday is the best publicity the NRL has had in ages, and is far better for the game than the ridiculous bvllshit Rothfield and his fellow shock jocks dish out.

And regarding the petty bickering over who started the Stewart/Blair fight - seriously, who gives a f**k?
He is an awful journalist, all he does is death ride the game.

Him and Bourbon Becky need to get f**ked.

M2D2

Bench
He is awful, not because he death rides(like id give a f**k about that). But just because hes awful.
Becky as well.

M2D2

Bench
All he does is promote the game in poor light, why wouldnt you care?
Because the alternative is people just talking either the game up constantly, or talking up anthony mundine/SBW.
Rugby League journalists are all around awful.

Latest posts