What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Blair did it to Lussick first. Justice.

It was definitely a cheap shot by Blair. I can understand Lussick being pissed off, but you can't take justice into your own hands on the field.

So, whilst I agree it was justice, you can rest assured the NRL will treat both incidents as mutually exclusive when it comes to charges.

ceagle

Bench
I seriously believe Glenn was the least grubbiest out of Blair, Lussick and Snake out of the two fights, would be unfair if he copped the longest suspension.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Who besides Lussick and Snake deserve suspension?

Watmough and Foran. It was Russell Fairfax though and he wouldn't know his arse from his elbow. I agree with you. They'll get away with cautions for running in.

I seriously believe Glenn was the least grubbiest out of Blair, Lussick and Snake out of the two fights, would be unfair if he copped the longest suspension.

May be the case, but he threw the first punch on the way to the bin and he's got loading for his priors.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Initially I thought G Stewart was the least grubbiest but he lands some pretty solid punches while his teammates put Blair on the ground. Manly supporters were in here crying like bitches about Blair doing the same to him. They both deserve a pretty lengthy suspension imo.

At first I thought both Blair and Stewart didn't really deserve anything but the punches they landed (Blair in the first incident/Stewart in the second) just aren't on. Rub them out for the year.

Also Brett Stewarts contact was enough to just about put Blair down. Probably should pick up three to four weeks himself.

Geez there is some gibbering in this thread. Everyone who is up in arms about the whole 5 on 1 situation needs to ask themselves, in all seriousness, whether if the teams had been running the opposite way and the storm players had been significantly closer to the ruckus whether they wouldn't have run in in exactly the same manner. Given 99% of clashes such as this happen BETWEEN the two teams on the field, this kind of thing rarely happens, which is probably why it seems so unsavoury.

The only thing i have a real problem with is Lussick hitting Blair while he was on the ground, but given the sucker punch Blair had put on him only moments earlier i can understand it. Brett Stewart deserves the benefit of the doubt that he was flying in to tackle Blair of his brother, rather than flying in for the king hit, given he's never thrown a punch in his entire 1st grade career, to the best of my recollection.

Seriously some posters here will argue about anything, especially if it comes with a gilt-edged opportunity to stick the metaphorical boot into Manly. You seem to forget though - No one likes us and we don't care.
After watching the replays numerous times the funniest thing I've seen is one Storm player feels he is too quick off the mark and actually turns around to wait before getting in to help his team mate. Don't know who.
Second fight has no distinct instigator in my opinion. Suspensions aplenty mainly due to media pressure. I loved it.

Loudstrat

Coach
Geez have a look at the vid...he was going to run past him..Stewart seen him coming & changed direction twice to get in his way..
Why didnt Stewart keep walking in the same direction as he was ...

Glenn changed directions TWICE.
Glenn Grabbed Blair first.
Glenn threw the first punch.
It doesnt matter that he put his arms up to try and create space.
He is the instigator.

Maybe you should be honest yourself and not writing up what happened with manly eyes.
Stewart. Is. The. Instigator.
Interesting seeing you two dickwads peddling this rubbih over 10 pages. Look, it doesnt matter if Stewart walked around in circles, tap danced, or did a triple sumersault with a reverse pike. Blair ran to catch upwith him and stopped as soon as he caugt up with him, and turned and stood in his way.

What is Glenn Stewart? A f*cking electro magnet??????

Of course, of Stewart wasnt there, Blair would quite normally have jogged off toward the tunnell, stopped at some random point on the field, turned to his right and started raving, right? All entirely natural. But because Glenn Stewart didnt walk with a surveyors accuracy - it's all his fault.

Tell me, have you ever walked in a certain direction, and while turning your head to look behind you, wandered off course?

He had a good 45 seconds head start. What was he doing? And why the glance back before he swung for him?
He walked. Blair ran. Even in Perth you could work that one out. Funny how Blair stopped sunning when he got to Stewart. I guess that's Stewarts fault too...:lol:

I can't understand how everyone wants to blame the whole thing on the Manly players.

To me by far the most culpable player is Blair. The whole reason this escalated from the initial Lussick/Hinchcliffe fight was because of his filthy king hit. That was what incensed G. Stewart and you could see he was still itching to get at Blair when he was sin-binned. That alone is as bad as what Brett Stewart did, and it landed cleaner as well.

Then, the second fight started because Blair ran 30 metres to catch up to Stewart and initiate the confrontation with him. I don't know why we are all wondering "what did Blair say to start Stewart" or whatever, the second fight started when Blair fronted up to Stewart and pushed him- it was on from then and Stewart got the first shot in, but it was Blair who went out of his way to start the fight, which should be seen as a pretty serious offence for a guy who has been sent from the field.

As for the Manly players running in 4 or 5 on 1, I don't really care- as with Stewart throwing the first punch, it was simply a case of them getting there first- it was always going to be an all-in brawl once the second fight started. It's a team sport, not organised fighting, and the Manly players had every right to want to charge in and get stuck in to Blair. Obviously if there were blokes in there king-hitting him while he was defenceless that will have to be looked at, but I'm not sure it was that clear-cut.
Sensible post. Blair is to blame. Entirely.

we've already got one.
Nothing tough about king hitting someone or attacking a guy on the floor.
So why are you defending the toerag that did it then?

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Backfired my ass :lol:

He did exactly what he set out to do. And that's stir the pot to make more and more people read his articles, make more people hop onto the Telegraph website to increase their advertising, and have gullible suckers like yourself post the link to his article in internet forums so even more people can read it.

Phil Rothfield wouldn't give a s**t whether people like his articles or not. He gets people to read his articles by saying controversial and ridiculous stuff on purpose so that people like you read them, and then spread the word to give him even more publicity.

That is true but for the sports editor of a major newspaper you would hope he would have some value for his credibility which is obviously not the case. I hope he catches syphillis.

Eels Dude

Coach
That is true but for the sports editor of a major newspaper you would hope he would have some value for his credibility which is obviously not the case. I hope he catches syphillis.

It's not about credibility mate, it's all about dragging more consumers into his blog or articles. Such is the way of digital/ social media thses days. Changing of the times.

BunniesMan

Immortal
ALL 34 players from Friday night's spiteful Sea Eagles-Storm game are under video scrutiny as the NRL prepares to suspend star players for the remainder of the season and hand down club fines of up to $100,000 for bringing the game into disrepute. * Test stars Glenn Stewart and Adam Blair could be rubbed out until after the grand final;
* At least six other players, including Manly fullback Brett Stewart, face suspensions of up to four weeks for running 30m to join a sideline fight after two players had been sin-binned;
* Players who entered the field of play from the interchange bench face bans;
* And clubs are facing massive fines for operational breaches and for what NRL boss David Gallop yesterday described as "very serious and unacceptable behaviour".
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/ipad-nrl-p4-news/story-e6freuy9-1226123600810

Just like I said, multiple suspensions, at least 2 players done for the season. Massive fines.

G Stewart and Blair are gone. B Stewart and the other 3 Manly players who charged in are in trouble as well. Any bench player who crossed the sideline is in trouble. We could have close to 5-10 players suspended.

This could have a massive affect on the finals. It could be a huge equalizer and it could be anyones game in September.

Last edited:

Mortar

Juniors
I guess it has diverted you from complaining about premierships being stripped unfairly just because you broke the nasty old salary cap.

None of the six premierships my team has won have been stripped away you dumb f**kwit. :lol:

But hey don't let that keep you from continuing your verbal diarrhea.

SingleSpeed73

Juniors
f**k me this thread of tools still going on ...
Its 2 weeks max for all involved unless Gallop the nice person gets involved so he can look important
Dont some of you Keyboard warriors have wooden spoon teams to worry about ?

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
This could have a massive affect on the finals. It could be a huge equalizer and it could be anyones game in September when LOL@50uFF$ are on mad Monday.

Fixed...

Oops. Wrong thread...

It will dominate a game that should be remembered for the acts of Slater protecting the neck of Williams - great effort from Slater, a player who I have a pretty negative opinion of despite his brilliance.

As for G Stewart and Blair, there's a little extra spice when Manly line up against Wests Tigers next year...

Some of the punishments being talked about in the media, the NRL and some fans are a massive joke.

How soft is the game getting? The scenes weren't good and plenty of people have cases to answer but LOL. In f**king Yawnion you see fights like that all the time with fights spilling onto the sidelines.

It's shocking how much the PC media is killing Australian sport down there.

Throw the book at Blair & Stewart, give the other Stewart and the other grub 2 weeks each and that's it. Clubs don't need punishing, $100,000 fines don't need handing out, none of the bench players deserve punishment for trying to calm down the fighting.

Certainly Melbourne - Who I'm no fan of - don't deserve any sort of punishment as a club. With the exception of Adam Blair, the entire team looked to be peace-keeping, from what I saw.

winnyason

Juniors
Hmmm, double standards the soo where price was king hit by brett white, thaiday running 20m to get there hay but it is ok, origin is different