What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Agreed. The penalty should be the same as it would be in round one. The consideration that 'it might spoil the finals' is a nonsense. It wasn't anyone else who brought the punishments on them, it was themselves.

Mr Fourex

Bench
I will be pissed off if the NRL fine the clubs, suspend the players then use this brawl as advertising material for the next re-match or so. Leave the two teams out to dry but they make the profit with more national (even international) exposure

Agreed......hypocritical merkins they most likely will be.

Noa

First Grade
What a load of crap. The players they get suspended bring that upon themselves and their clubs. They have to live with it. No way it weakens a premiership.

Says biased Broncos fan licking his lips in anticipation ;-)

Snappy

Coach
Did the Broncos make those manly players run in for a dog act ? No. They bring the punishment upon themselves. Simple really.

haynenation

Juniors
I cant see how blair could be suspended.

When there walking off Stewart swings at him. Whats he meant to do? Then 4 manly players come at him (2 of who should be the first suspended).

I am a neutral supporter but think manly should loose 2-3 players from it, storm none.

haynenation

Juniors
for me lussick is the worst with 10 weeks, was legitimately hitting blair while he was lying down.

if anyone else did that (id have to watch again) that should be a lengthy suspension.

still dont see how blair can be blamed for just retaliating. it was stewart who hit him first on the sideline

ceagle

Bench
I cant see how blair could be suspended.

When there walking off Stewart swings at him. Whats he meant to do? Then 4 manly players come at him (2 of who should be the first suspended).

I am a neutral supporter but think manly should loose 2-3 players from it, storm none.
GTFO of the thread

RHCP

Bench
Missing the grand final for that? Really?

Absolute joke.

Only person who could be justified in a 3+ week suspension would be B Stewart, and didn't he get injured anyway?

ceagle

Bench
Seriously no one was hurt at all, why is the NRL making such a huge deal out of it? You would think they would try to downplay it since the publicity is "bad for the games image". Really wiping masses of players for the whole finals series will just remind everyone what happened. Fine the two clubs, give Blair and Stewart 2-3 weeks suspensions and the rest 1-2 weeks and move the f**k on, the NRL dont need to overdramatise this.

Snappy

Coach
Seriously no one was hurt at all, why is the NRL making such a huge deal out of it? You would think they would try to downplay it since the publicity is "bad for the games image". Really wiping masses of players for the whole finals series will just remind everyone what happened. Fine the two clubs, give Blair and Stewart 2-3 weeks suspensions and the rest 1-2 weeks and move the f**k on, the NRL dont need to overdramatise this.

Who do you refer to as 'The rest' ? Foran, Lussick, B Stewart ?

Im sorry but any game where up to five players get suspended from one incident is a big deal.

Blairs earlier uppercut will see him in trouble

This - which I thought he should have been sent off for in the first place.

Then for his part in getting near enough to Stewart to antagonise him - he could easily have completely avoided that. No excusing Stewart in any way - he then escalated it - he should have ignored Blair and kept walking.

Perth Red

Post Whore
How I would see it pan out:

Blair 2 weeks for upper cut in the original melee
g Stewart 3 weeks for his part in original melee and starting the sideline fight
Lussik and Foran 3 weeks running in and punching a player on the ground
b Stewart 5 weeks running 30 metres and king hitting a player in the head with a straight arm

I loved the Stewart v Blair square up, the rest was just dog acts by cowards

ceagle

Bench
How I would see it pan out:

Blair 2 weeks for upper cut in the original melee
g Stewart 3 weeks for his part in original melee and starting the sideline fight
Lussik and Foran 3 weeks running in and punching a player on the ground
b Stewart 5 weeks running 30 metres and king hitting a player in the head with a straight arm

I loved the Stewart v Blair square up, the rest was just dog acts by cowards
WTF? Foran didn't throw any punches.

ceagle

Bench
Any players who ran in and didnt throw punches shouldnt be suspended, after Waterhouse tackled Steve Price in Origin 3 2009 once he was knocked out.

Mr Fourex

Bench
...and why is this one different to all the other punches thrown?

Yes.......so far Blair's uppercut has been called a king hit .....a dog act ........he's a grub etc etc

What's so wrong about an uppercut?

Is a straight jab or a hook more acceptable..........

Perth Red

Post Whore
WTF? Foran didn't throw any punches.

looking at the HD video he is the player who tackles Blair to the ground when he is holding his head and then puts him in a head lock when he is on the ground whilst Lussik starts laying into him. For running 30 metres and jumping on an injured player that would be a dog act enough for me to see him outed.

Last edited: