What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

Didgi

looking at the HD video he is the player who tackles Blair to the ground when he is holding his head and then puts him in a head lock when he is on the ground whilst Lussik starts laying into him. For running 30 metres and jumping on an injured player that would be a dog act enough for me to see him outed.

Uh.. ok then

ceagle

Bench
Ruby league markets itself as the toughest game on earth, They talk of it, especially origin, as being gladiatorial and they love to highlight the violent hit's therefore highlighting the fact that it is a violent sport.

Then all of a sudden after a couple of guys go at it your giving them ten and after things get a little to heated and a brawl breaks out everyone starts talking about what a disgrace it is and how they bought the sport in to disrepute.

northwest9

Juniors
Premiers 2001 -broncos*

Gallop must be salivating at the chance to screw 2 clubs he hates, and get old cokie a farewell premiership

BunniesMan

Immortal
G Stewart - 5 weeks
Blair - 5 weeks
B Stewart - 5 weeks
Lussick - 5 weeks
Foran - 2 weeks
<fourth Manly player who ran into the 2nd brawl> - 2 weeks
<any bench player who crossed the sideline and got involved> - 2 weeks

100k fines to both teams (Melbourne can pay it by giving back their upcoming minor premiership money)

Not saying that's how I want it to happen. But that's how it will happen.

MSIH

Bench
:lol:. You would think Glenn was mistaken for General Gaddafi the way the media are carrying on.

Firing squad, gas, lethal injection, stoning?

I'm leaning towards a good old fashioned public beheading.

ceagle

Bench
G Stewart - 5 weeks
Blair - 5 weeks
B Stewart - 5 weeks
Lussick - 5 weeks
Foran - 2 weeks
<fourth Manly player who ran into the 2nd brawl> - 2 weeks
<any bench player who crossed the sideline and got involved> - 2 weeks

100k fines to both teams (Melbourne can pay it by giving back their upcoming minor premiership money)

Not saying that's how I want it to happen. But that's how it will happen.
Since you jinx all your predictions, I am hoping this doesnt turn out to be the case.

SerbDragon

Coach
article-0-056E4951000005DC-212_468x691.jpg

Eels Dude

Coach
I will be pissed off if the NRL fine the clubs, suspend the players then use this brawl as advertising material for the next re-match or so. Leave the two teams out to dry but they make the profit with more national (even international) exposure

You cannot blame the NRL for how the media want to promote the game.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Ruby league markets itself as the toughest game on earth, They talk of it, especially origin, as being gladiatorial and they love to highlight the violent hit's therefore highlighting the fact that it is a violent sport.

Then all of a sudden after a couple of guys go at it your giving them ten and after things get a little to heated and a brawl breaks out everyone starts talking about what a disgrace it is and how they bought the sport in to disrepute.

It's been pointed out now a few times, so I suppose you're purposely being a bit disingenuous with that comment

The reason that there's a few disappointed footy fans after Friday night isn't just because of the brawl.

The complete lack of respect for the game that saw it break out into 5 mins of chaos and mayhem, which peaked at bench players becoming involved in "side line" fighting, is not something the NRL as a professional sport wants to be advertising.

ceagle

Bench
It's been pointed out now a few times, so I suppose you're purposely being a bit disingenuous with that comment

The reason that there's a few disappointed footy fans after Friday night isn't just because of the brawl.

The complete lack of respect for the game that saw it break out into 5 mins of chaos and mayhem, which peaked at bench players becoming involved in "side line" fighting, is not something the NRL as a professional sport wants to be advertising.
No bench players were fighting at all, the Melbourne bench were only pulling players off.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Lol.......they were involved.

The point is, a fight broke out on the sideline between two players who had already been sent off. The fact that 5 Manly players rushed in to gang bash one Storm player

which then spilled into the bench

only highlights that this just wasn't your "good ole stink" that RL fans do actually enjoy watching.

What happened at Brookvale will forever remain a blight on the games history.

Lowdown

Juniors

The point is, a fight broke out on the sideline between two players who had already been sent off. The fact that 5 Manly players rushed in to gang bash one Storm player

only highlights that this just wasn't your "good ole stink" that RL fans do actually enjoy watching.

Oh purlease.

northwest9

Juniors
Park bench or footy bench, I would applaud what waqa and co did. Blair, despite his involvement was getting bashed 5 on 1.

These storm bench only attempted to help him, and pull manly players off him.

A caution is all that is required in that instance.

Blair, Stewart x2, and lussock should each get 4 and get on with e finals

ceagle

Bench

I think you have been reading to much into the papers, No Manly sideline players were involved and the Melbourne sideline players were only trying to break it up.

themacemaceman

Juniors
If the league were that concerned about the image of the game then the would instruct 9 to not show fights just like when there is a streaker at the cricket. They don't show them on tv. The channel 9 control room shows a different shot. Don't get me wrong I dont have a problem with the blue on tv. It just shits me that the media will use the fight to their advantage to sell more papers or get more people to watch the footy shows and then these media then say how bad it was for the games image.

For what it's worth
Brett Stewart 1-2 weeks.
Blair and glen Stewart nothing. Was dealt with on the field.... They were sent off.