What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

M2D2

Bench
After Friday night, I wouldnt know one person who would not want to see a rematch.
*puts hand up*
I love biff, but the game was scrappy as shit.
Manly and Melb will have MASSIVE amounts of players out through suspension and injury.
I personally would like a nice attacking game of football that isnt pressed up the ass with "Rematch of the biff"

ceagle

Bench
Foran and Robbo did not go in with intent to hurt, so it was hardly fighting 5 on 1, they even took Glenn to the ground.

Koopa111

Juniors
After Friday night, I wouldnt know one person who would not want to see a rematch.

After the punishments that will be handed out a re match would be boring as............. the players wouldnt be game enough to even scratch themselves.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Foran and Robbo did not go in with intent to hurt, so it was hardly fighting 5 on 1, they even took Glenn to the ground.

It probably wasn't their intent. But it's not clear and I've got a feeling the judiciary will ping them.

They'll be out to make an example.

bileduct

Coach
It probably wasn't their intent. But it's not clear and I've got a feeling the judiciary will ping them.

They'll be out to make an example.
If that's the case then EVERY player that ran towards the melee should get pinged.

Everyone was running towards it, but Manly players got there first because they were closest.

Evenflow

Bench
I will. Enjoy your 'reward' for destroying the competition over the past 5 years.

Yeah, because the game is really "destroyed" after record membership numbers and tv ratings this year. Not to mention the team that "destroyed" the comp over the last 5 years was one of the teams that was watched by 1.44 million people last week, a ratings record :lol:

bottle

Coach
Gallop will be loving this...his two favourite clubs being bad boys.

He will now be able to watch a Broncos v Wests Tigers GF.

Yes it's definitely a ploy by Gallop to destroy the chances of his favourite whipping boys. A masterstroke by him to manipulate them into this sort of behaviour. Just how does he do it?

Walt Flanigan

Referee
If that's the case then EVERY player that ran towards the melee should get pinged.

Everyone was running towards it, but Manly players got there first because they were closest.

Yep. But that would also imply that the judiciary has some sort of consistency about it.

ceagle

Bench
Yes it's definitely a ploy by Gallop to destroy the chances of his favourite whipping boys. A masterstroke by him to manipulate them into this sort of behaviour. Just how does he do it?
He didnt suggest the Gallop manipulated them to do this, he said he would be enjoying this.

stormbati

Bench
Ok, after watching it on youtube again.
Blair's uppercut will cost him
Glenn Stewart threw the first punch when they were walking off.

Brett Stewart ran in and threw a punch/slap - if they're serious about third man in then he's gone for a little while.
Manly number 14 - Also throwing punches at Blair while Blair was on the ground.
Foran - only pulled blokes off.

So im thinking

Blair, Stewart brothers and Lussick will get suspended along with others from the bench.

bottle

Coach
He didnt suggest the Gallop manipulated them to do this, he said he would be enjoying this.

C'mon, I was only borrowing that wooden spoon for a bit of a stir. After all, The Coast and Parra haven't decided who owns it yet.

Perth Red

Post Whore
even one eyed Manly fans can see the clear video evidence of Stewart catching Blair around head with a straight arm, at that point point Blair bends over clutching his face, Foran takes him to the ground and puts him in a head lock and Lussik starts laying punches into him. Seriously watch the video and tell me that isn't what happened!

You can also see Stewart glance back a couple of times, slow down and change his course to ensure he comes into close contact with Blair. As I said I don't mind the BlairvStewart, both grubs and both happy to throw punches. The other 3 should have the book thrown at them.

Last edited:

SingleSpeed73

Juniors
Seriously no one was hurt at all, why is the NRL making such a huge deal out of it? You would think they would try to downplay it since the publicity is "bad for the games image". Really wiping masses of players for the whole finals series will just remind everyone what happened. Fine the two clubs, give Blair and Stewart 2-3 weeks suspensions and the rest 1-2 weeks and move the f**k on, the NRL dont need to overdramatise this.

The Nrl dont need to but Gallop the queen does so he will ensure with a smug look on his face as he does over his 2 nemisis teams

SingleSpeed73

Juniors
You senile old git... He was running off (as 99% of players do when sent),& somehow some bald genius kept walking in front of him..
So thats his fault..
Heres a simple fact...If Stewart had kept walking the same line that he was then maybe the fight could have been avoided....

Your hate of anyteam that isnt NSWRL rules out you posting anything sensible..

Says the guy with a senile old pervert as an avatar,
explain Blair stopping to chat to him, check the clip Blair opens his mouth 1st regardless of the line walked distance covered curvature of the earth wind speed and alignment of the stars , fight continued by Stewart but escalated by Blair

Perth Red

Post Whore
Says the guy with a senile old pervert as an avatar,
explain Blair stopping to chat to him, check the clip Blair opens his mouth 1st regardless of the line walked distance covered curvature of the earth wind speed and alignment of the stars , fight continued by Stewart but escalated by Blair

again Stewart looks back and watches Blair approaching, slows down, changes walking route a couple of times so that Blair comes up right next to him. Stewart was looking for a fight, Blair obliged. 2 forwards going toe to toe, made for good TV and no problem with it. What happened afterwards is the big problem.

Eels Dude

Coach
even one eyed Manly fans can see the clear video evidence of Stewart catching Blair around head with a straight arm, at that point point Blair bends over clutching his face, Foran takes him to the ground and puts him in a head lock and Lussik starts laying punches into him. Seriously watch the video and tell me that isn't what happened!

You can also see Stewart glance back a couple of times, slow down and change his course to ensure he comes into close contact with Blair. As I said I don't mind the BlairvStewart, both grubs and both happy to throw punches. The other 3 should have the book thrown at them.

Both points are true.

I think what will happen is both clubs will come together and work out an arrangement where they defend each other at the judicary... just just to play down the incident and that way neither club has any players suspended.