What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

SingleSpeed73

Juniors
Both points are true.

I think what will happen is both clubs will come together and work out an arrangement where they defend each other at the judicary... just just to play down the incident and that way neither club has any players suspended.

I certainly hope so, both have a total hate of Gallop, and would see this as an oppertunity to say f**k you to him

gallagher

Juniors
Both points are true.

I think what will happen is both clubs will come together and work out an arrangement where they defend each other at the judicary... just just to play down the incident and that way neither club has any players suspended.
You realise it was caught on video dont you?

SingleSpeed73

Juniors
Anyone remember how many weeks the south player got for king hit smacking anasta in the face after a tackle ? i dont think it was that many from memory its thats the case this fight should be roughly the same

Eels Dude

Coach
Your post suggested manly will defend melbournes actiones and melbourne will do the same and therfore there will be no suspensions. Is that correct?

Sort of. Once players get charged both clubs will get together and agree to defend each other at the judiciary hearing. It's in the best interests' of both clubs that nobody get gets suspended.

LESStar58

Referee
Cannae be arsed trawling to see if its been posted but Storm members got the following email

Dear Luke,
Melbourne Storm has today continued its independent investigation into the series of events which led to the incident with Manly at Brookvale Oval last Friday night.
The club is committed to a thorough and cooperative process to ensure the appropriate level of due diligence is addressed. The club requests all interested parties to respect this process, along with those of the governing body.
Adam Blair, a current International and New Zealand Vice Captain, who has never been involved in a similar incident in his 100 plus game career for the Melbourne Storm, was contrite today when he issued an apology for his contribution towards the extremely disappointing sideline altercation with Glenn Stewart.
“I would like to apologise to everyone for the incident with Glenn on Friday night,” said Blair.
“I’m extremely disappointed to be involved in such an incident that does not put the game I love in a positive light, especially my family, friends and all rugby league supporters.
“Hindsight is a wonderful thing and if I had my time again I would have done things differently.
“It was a spur of the moment reaction, that was not planned and to be honest it happened that quickly I still don’t really know why it occurred.
“Manly is a very good footy team. We have a healthy respect and good rivalry after many years of good competition and from my point of view that has not changed.
“There is a process to go through and I will be fully cooperative through that process.”
As part of the review process Melbourne Storm CEO Ron Gauci has interviewed the players involved in the incident.
“Melbourne Storm acknowledges the involvement of our interchange players, who came from their bench to help Adam when he was being attacked by several Manly players,” said Gauci.
“Our players respect the rules and regulations that govern our game, including the protocols surrounding the field of play.
“Anyone who has seen the incident from Friday night would agree it was unfortunate and extremely difficult for everyone involved especially Adam’s teammates nearby. Whilst the players accept that entering the altercation was improper, they felt that the need to preserve the safety of their teammate was paramount. The players have assured me that their intention was never to further inflame the situation.”
Melbourne Storm will both continue our internal review and be cooperative with all stakeholders across the game until the completion of the process.

Will be interesting to see what transpires during the week. I'm expecting vilification from one or both players to come in to it.

LESStar58

Referee
Sort of. Once players get charged both clubs will get together and agree to defend each other at the judiciary hearing. It's in the best interests' of both clubs that nobody get gets suspended.

Manly and Melbourne to help each other? Next thing you know Rangers will sign a Catholic!

thorson1987

Coach
Cannae be arsed trawling to see if its been posted but Storm members got the following email

Will be interesting to see what transpires during the week. I'm expecting vilification from one or both players to come in to it.

Quite possible that the club may hand down fines to some players, particularly the guys off the bench.

gallagher

Juniors
Its in the there interests but as I said it was caught on video. The judiciary wont give a hoot what the manly say about Melb and vice versa. Suspensions are inevitable.

bartman

Immortal
My guess at the suspensions:

Blair 3 weeks - contrary conduct, as 3rd man into first incident

G Stewart 3 weeks - contrary conduct, for starting fisticuffs while leaving the field

B Stewart 3 weeks - contrary conduct, for 3rd man into second incident

Fair, but it will hurt Manly more than Melbourne - Stewart boys, very dumb (again)....

firechild

First Grade
I don't understand all this rubbish about 5 v 1. Manly had recieved a penalty (and were going to take a shot at goal) so players had started to drop back towards the half way line. Melbourne players were generally behind their own try line (except players who were talking to the referees). When the fight broke out, all 26 players ran towards it. Not surprisingly Manly players arrived first. 2 of them (Robertson and Foran) simply tackled both Stewart and Blair) to attempt to stop the fight. Realistically, it was 13 v 13 by the time everyone arrived.

If the situations are looked at for each individual, there would be a precedent that would suggest that only a few players are looking at a few weeks each. The NRL will no doubt take a hard line approach.

Anyone suggesting Foran should be suspended is an idiot.

I just find it amusing that the Donkeys and Dragqueens supporters are calling for huge suspensions in the hope their team might have half a chance at winning a premiership. At least most of the Tigpies supporters don't feel the need for their team to win on the back of playing against decimated sides.

ceagle

Bench
An article on NRL.com and SMH.com about Joey, Freddie and Geyer asking the NRL not to overreact on the situation has been taken down.

WTF are the NRL upto?

no name

Coach
Blair apologising for his stoush with Stewart.
Nothing about his sly one that flared the whole thing up.

no name

Coach
Blair apologising for his stoush with Stewart.
Nothing about his sly one that flared the whole thing up.

I don't understand all this rubbish about 5 v 1. Manly had recieved a penalty (and were going to take a shot at goal) so players had started to drop back towards the half way line. Melbourne players were generally behind their own try line (except players who were talking to the referees). When the fight broke out, all 26 players ran towards it. Not surprisingly Manly players arrived first. 2 of them (Robertson and Foran) simply tackled both Stewart and Blair) to attempt to stop the fight. Realistically, it was 13 v 13 by the time everyone arrived.
:lol::lol::lol:
Wow ..you have totally ignored the Attempted kung fu move on Blair by Brett Stewart..
But that doesnt surprise me at all..