What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

M2D2

Bench
Youve been claiming it everytime. His reasons for putting his hands on blairs jersey is irrelevant.
Youve been saying it so often and nobody is buying what youre selling.
He punched first, hes the aggressor, his reasons for putting his hands up is f**king geniused.
youve been BLAH BLAH'n for pages.
Ive watched the video over and over again.
He grabbed him first.
He punched him first.
Your rational to why is invalid and moot.
So once again.
Youre a f**king simpleton.
Wake the f**k up.

Tommax25

Bench
Ok, fair point, based on your assumption of the world we live in. I, however, didnt realise we lived in a world where people would meekly accept people walking up and thrusting themselves all up in your face and trying to start a fight. If thats the case, of course Stewart should have done nothing, and probably should have bowed before Blair to ensure that Blairs show of dominance and aggression was more pronounced. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

I think you're the one who needs to wake up.

oh and btw you're swearing doesn't strengthen your arguements, it just makes you look like an undisciplined ignorant who can't piece together enough words to get his point across so you just spout off with swearing to look hard.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
No way in hell Glenn deserves a bigger suspension than Blair (loading aside). No way in f**king hell. Glenn's 'part' in the original melee was pulling Blair off Lussick and holding him to stop more punches being thrown, and you want to throw some suspension time at him for that?

Actually if you watch the video of the first Melee you can clearly see G Stewart come around the back and throw a punch over the top
Pause it at the 13sec mark if you don't believe me.

The B Stewart straight arm connecting with Blairs face is at the 1:59min mark (watch how Blair goes down holding that side of his face for those who think Stewart didn't king hit him)

Like wise for all those who say Foran is innocent pause it at the 2:03 mark to see Foran holding Blair in a headlock whilst Lussik wades in.

At 2:02 it looks like the Manly 14 is throwing a punch at Blair on the ground as well but can;t be sure as the water carrier is partly obscuring and he quickly jumps up as he sees the Storm reinforcements arrive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p17GBlzxDk

Tommax25

Bench
Actually if you watch the video of the first Melee you can clearly see G Stewart come around the back and throw a punch over the top
Pause it at the 13sec mark if you don't believe me.

The B Stewart straight arm connecting with Blairs face is at the 1:59min mark (watch how Blair goes down holding that side of his face for those who think Stewart didn't king hit him)

Like wise for all those who say Foran is innocent pause it at the 2:03 mark to see Foran holding Blair in a headlock whilst Lussik wades in.

At 2:02 it looks like the Manly 14 is throwing a punch at Blair on the ground as well but can;t be sure as the water carrier is partly obscuring and he quickly jumps up as he sees the Storm reinforcements arrive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p17GBlzxDk

I'm not going to comment on the other players as its been done ad nauseum. As for the Glenn/Blair sitcho which you quoted me about I watched it at 0.13, but its really hard to actually see whats going on on that side of the brawl. He could be punching, he could be yanking Blair off him, I really can't tell. Without a better angle I'm not going to commit on that one. What I will say is if Glenn was throwing punches in battle of brookie mk 1 then equal punishments would be fair, I only think there's "no way in f**king hell" that they deserve equal if Glenn was peacemaker in mk 1, which I personally think he was.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm not going to comment on the other players as its been done ad nauseum. As for the Glenn/Blair sitcho which you quoted me about I watched it at 0.13, but its really hard to actually see whats going on on that side of the brawl. He could be punching, he could be yanking Blair off him, I really can't tell. Without a better angle I'm not going to commit on that one. What I will say is if Glenn was throwing punches in battle of brookie mk 1 then equal punishments would be fair, I only think there's "no way in f**king hell" that they deserve equal if Glenn was peacemaker in mk 1, which I personally think he was.

I'd give him the extra week as he was clearly the instigator of the sideline trouble. To me he looks like he goes over the top with a punch at the 12sec mark. The refs obviously agreed as he was the one sinbinned despite not being first to run in.

Perth Red

Post Whore
lol, they ran to his "aid", looked like an even fight to me and he was handling himself without their help!

Tommax25

Bench
I'd give him the extra week as he was clearly the instigator of the sideline trouble. To me he looks like he goes over the top with a punch at the 12sec mark. The refs obviously agreed as he was the one sinbinned despite not being first to run in.

Fair point. As for him clearly being the instigator lets just agree to disagree because its been done over and over again.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
1st - Hinchcliffe gets Lussick with the elbow, this then prompts Lussick to retaliate and slap/hit Hinchcliffe on the head. Referee gives penalty to Storm, for the retaliation (can't remember exactly), and you see some words, pushing and shoving which is not unusual. Then it gets a bit more personal as others around the two get involved trying to move everyone away. In the next instant its visible Blair appears and goes after Lussick and more drama. Stewart gets very involved after Blair does his bit.

2nd - Referee decides to punish Stewart and Blair. Sending both off. Obviously Stewart knew what was happening, he would have the heard the crowd when Blair got the direction to go, he even turned to look. This is where things get interesting. Blair was jogging hurriedly, and ironically stops as he gets to Stewart. So I ask this: Why did Blair stop as he got to him? Why pay anymore attention to your opponent? If, at this point Stewart said anything; Blair should have ignored him and kept going, but this is where it gets murky. He doesn't. He gets engaged with the situation, probably knowing full well he was riled up as was Stewart. It don't matter who said what, it was clear they wanted to have a go. From waht I saw it appeared Blair said something, Stewart had the snap and punched first. Blair threw one back and its all on.

3rd - Stewart (Brett), Foran, Roberston and Lussick all make their appearance. Stewart's attempt at whatever he was trying to do didn't look good. Was he trying to grab Blair by the head to stop him from swinging, or was he trying to hit Blaire. Either way it looked poor and was probably lucky he missed everything altogether. Now, it doesn't appear like Foran or Roberston did anything nasty, on footage it seems like Roberston was holding someone, but no hint of him hitting, and Foran looked like he fell ontop of the pile, but Lussick I think if he was the guy in 14? Was definitely throwing a few and looked the most guilty in the second fight.

4th - bench players, understandable the temptation to want to protect your mates you can't enter the field illegally that's the end story, the officials were probably the one ones and players in the field are the only ones allowed to enter a fight like this to break it up. No one else.

whatever the punishments handed out, hard to argue it is not deserved, both clubs made a poor display of sportsmanship on the field, and only made matters worse by thinking they could take matters into their own hands. All guilty and all need to accept it.

SingleSpeed73

Juniors
It is you who is dense, please watch the clip and please tell me that Blair could of easily kept running past Glenn's right shoulder, Glenn barely even moved in his direction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_g_RtsnCbE&feature=related

1:48

Its like teaching a tard to turn a doorknob, no matter how many time you tell him they are both heading toawrds the same tunnel so of course there paths will cross he still thinks GS should have moved out of his path

093035-dtevent-brookvale-brawl.jpg

2db2khc.gif

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s-face-sanctions/story-e6frexnr-1226124039831 and http://www.nrl.com/nrlhq/referencecentre/judiciary/tabid/10435/default.aspx

1st - Hinchcliffe gets Lussick with the elbow, this then prompts Lussick to retaliate and slap/hit Hinchcliffe on the head. Referee gives penalty to Storm, for the retaliation (can't remember exactly), and you see some words, pushing and shoving which is not unusual. Then it gets a bit more personal as others around the two get involved trying to move everyone away. In the next instant its visible Blair appears and goes after Lussick and more drama. Stewart gets very involved after Blair does his bit.

2nd - Referee decides to punish Stewart and Blair. Sending both off. Obviously Stewart knew what was happening, he would have the heard the crowd when Blair got the direction to go, he even turned to look. This is where things get interesting. Blair was jogging hurriedly, and ironically stops as he gets to Stewart. So I ask this: Why did Blair stop as he got to him? Why pay anymore attention to your opponent? If, at this point Stewart said anything; Blair should have ignored him and kept going, but this is where it gets murky. He doesn't. He gets engaged with the situation, probably knowing full well he was riled up as was Stewart. It don't matter who said what, it was clear they wanted to have a go. From waht I saw it appeared Blair said something, Stewart had the snap and punched first. Blair threw one back and its all on.

3rd - Stewart (Brett), Foran, Roberston and Lussick all make their appearance. Stewart's attempt at whatever he was trying to do didn't look good. Was he trying to grab Blair by the head to stop him from swinging, or was he trying to hit Blaire. Either way it looked poor and was probably lucky he missed everything altogether. Now, it doesn't appear like Foran or Roberston did anything nasty, on footage it seems like Roberston was holding someone, but no hint of him hitting, and Foran looked like he fell ontop of the pile, but Lussick I think if he was the guy in 14? Was definitely throwing a few and looked the most guilty in the second fight.

4th - bench players, understandable the temptation to want to protect your mates you can't enter the field illegally that's the end story, the officials were probably the one ones and players in the field are the only ones allowed to enter a fight like this to break it up. No one else.

whatever the punishments handed out, hard to argue it is not deserved, both clubs made a poor display of sportsmanship on the field, and only made matters worse by thinking they could take matters into their own hands. All guilty and all need to accept it.

Lose the green font...

Shorty

Staff member
^I'm surprised she didn't find a way to blame the female fans in there.

It is you who is dense, please watch the clip and please tell me that Blair could of easily kept running past Glenn's right shoulder, Glenn barely even moved in his direction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_g_RtsnCbE&feature=related

1:48
Another lie..you got form in that area.

GS looks over his shoulder & takes FOUR steps to the right,to make sure him & BLAIR come together...
FOUR steps is not barely moving..
De Nile is a river in Egypt.

firechild

First Grade
Like wise for all those who say Foran is innocent pause it at the 2:03 mark to see Foran holding Blair in a headlock whilst Lussik wades in.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p17GBlzxDk

Ok so we are suspending players who hold back opposition players during a fight eh? So I guess we can add blokes like Cam Smith to the suspension list because he was holding Lussick while Blair punched him in the face. Keep clutching at those straws.

Foran and Robertson did not throw punches and should not be charged.

Its like teaching a tard to turn a doorknob, no matter how many time you tell him they are both heading toawrds the same tunnel so of course there paths will cross he still thinks GS should have moved out of his path

:lol::lol:
GS moved straight into ABs path ..TWICE to make sure they come together..
I think a trip to OPSM is needed..

firechild

First Grade
Another lie..you got form in that area.

GS looks over his shoulder & takes FOUR steps to the right,to make sure him & BLAIR come together...
FOUR steps is not barely moving..
De Nile is a river in Egypt.

And yet despite GS moving to his right and Blair deciding to go to GS's left, he still decides to pull up beside him while GS is looking over his right shoulder. GS did not make Blair stop at his left shoulder. If Blair wanted to go past he could have, he was on the opposite side to the direction Glenn was moving. Neither have an excuse. To argue that it it was one's fault is just geniused.

firechild

First Grade
I certainly hope so. Though it has never stopped them from handing out lengthy suspensions to Manly players in the past. I doubt that the judiciary panel (even if all 3 were ex-manly players) would take any different stance on Manly players as they would on Melbourne players.

The thing is, if this happens in round 1 penalties are huge, if it happens during origin, everyone gets warnings and nothing comes of it. If it happens on the eve of the finals then I'd say penalties will be somewhere in between. There should be complete consistency no matter what game it is. Thurston should have been suspended for kicking David Williams in the head in origin, Lockyer should have been suspended to driving Watmough's head into the ground in origin but it doesn't happen because it is origin. The NRL needs to look at judiciary consistency and start making all players take responsibility for their actions no matter what the repurcussions. Should finals and representative matches be worth more (such as 2 match suspension = 1 finals or rep game)? At this point that is not the case and all players should be treated equally but that has never happened in the past and may or may not happen now.

Latest posts