What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

Says the guy with a senile old pervert as an avatar,
explain Blair stopping to chat to him, check the clip Blair opens his mouth 1st regardless of the line walked distance covered curvature of the earth wind speed and alignment of the stars , fight continued by Stewart but escalated by Blair
OK i will explain it once more for the mentally challenged(you get a jersey).
Their paths didnt look like crossing till Stewart changed direction twice to make sure they came together..nothing to do with curvature of the earth wind speed and alignment of the stars .
Simply put Stewart instigated it .
How anyone who has watched the clip can deny that is mind boggling.

ceagle

Bench
OK i will explain it once more for the mentally challenged(you get a jersey).
Their paths didnt look like crossing till Stewart changed direction twice to make sure they came together..nothing to do with curvature of the earth wind speed and alignment of the stars .
Simply put Stewart instigated it .
How anyone who has watched the clip can deny that is mind boggling.
GIFSoup

Do you seriously believe that Blair had no role at all in instigating the fight?

Tommax25

Bench
Why did Stewart change his gait and his direction to ensure contact was made with Blair?

Face facts, both parties were pretty keen to carry on with it, neither had to persuade or goad the other into revisiting the matter

G.Stewart was as keen to catch up with Blair as Blair was with Stewart.

I can accept that for sure, I just took issue with people completely blaming Glenn, which is stupidity. Both players wanted to go back at it, whether or not Glenn change his angles or Blair ran to catch up is irrelevant, it was happening.

You
GIFSoup

Do you seriously believe that Blair had no role at all in instigating the fight?
He might have escalated the situation,after i repeat after GS made sure they came together.

You think GS changed direction to shake his hand ..

& i am still waiting for the proof that i post AFL is overtaking the world..
If not i suppose i can ascertain you are a straight out liar..

Tommax25

Bench
I can't understand how everyone wants to blame the whole thing on the Manly players.

To me by far the most culpable player is Blair. The whole reason this escalated from the initial Lussick/Hinchcliffe fight was because of his filthy king hit. That was what incensed G. Stewart and you could see he was still itching to get at Blair when he was sin-binned. That alone is as bad as what Brett Stewart did, and it landed cleaner as well.

Then, the second fight started because Blair ran 30 metres to catch up to Stewart and initiate the confrontation with him. I don't know why we are all wondering "what did Blair say to start Stewart" or whatever, the second fight started when Blair fronted up to Stewart and pushed him- it was on from then and Stewart got the first shot in, but it was Blair who went out of his way to start the fight, which should be seen as a pretty serious offence for a guy who has been sent from the field.

As for the Manly players running in 4 or 5 on 1, I don't really care- as with Stewart throwing the first punch, it was simply a case of them getting there first- it was always going to be an all-in brawl once the second fight started. It's a team sport, not organised fighting, and the Manly players had every right to want to charge in and get stuck in to Blair. Obviously if there were blokes in there king-hitting him while he was defenceless that will have to be looked at, but I'm not sure it was that clear-cut.

I like this, but there is no like button.

Tommax25

Bench
:lol:
And Eric Cantona only wanted that spectator to smell if he stepped in dog shit.

Incorrect.
Stewart moved out of his way TWICE to get in the way of Blair. And ALSO grabbed his jumper first which is seen in first replay and in the second replay which is the Reverse shot.

Glenn put his hands on Blairs chest to put some space between them because Blair was in his personal space and getting in his face with his "you wanna go again" or whatever it was he said. Blair reacted to that by pushing him. Glenn reacted to that by punching him. Please put on your glasses before posting.

cleary89

Coach
but but but, he said a naughty word to him first. but but but, he touched him on the shoulder.

stfu, both wanted it, both are equally to blame. That said, give both 3 weeks, and snake and lussick 2 each. Plus Melbourne a big fine for having guys come off the bench.

People are calling for no penalty, others are saying 12 weeks. 3 weeks is fair imo.

Tommax25

Bench
Is a really well timed uppercut considered a "filthy king hit"...........? :crazy:

I blame Stewart for the sideline blow up. He walked off and shifted his line of walking to bump into Blair as Blair was jogging off.

If a fight wasn't on Glen Stewarts mind he would have headed straight for the sheds.

Blair and G. Stewart get 4 weeks

B. Stewart and
Lussick get 2 weeks for running in throwing punches.

Both clubs should be fined substantially for bringing the game into disrepute re: the bench involvement/sideline melee

You forgot to add the extra two weeks to Blair for running in throwing punches at Lussick whilst he was held in the battle of brookie Mk I.

ceagle

Bench
You
He might have escalated the situation,after i repeat after GS made sure they came together.

You think GS changed direction to shake his hand ..

& i am still waiting for the proof that i post AFL is overtaking the world..
If not i suppose i can ascertain you are a straight out liar..
And do you believe that Blair was not able to get pass Stewart? He pulled up alongside him, he wanted every part of it as much as Stewart.

And do you believe that Blair was not able to get pass Stewart? He pulled up alongside him, he wanted every part of it as much as Stewart.
Jesus you are thick...
I never said AB wasnt keen for it...They both were ,but the fact remains,Blair was jogging off ,& NOT Heading for GS ,He was going to miss him BY about 2 mtrs,until GS took 4 steps to the right ,then when AB changed direction GS took a step to the left,to make sure that they were shoulder to shoulder.
Look up the meaning of the word instigate..that is what we were arguing about..& you cant deny GS instigated the fight...i have never said AB wasnt keen,once he seen GS wanted to go on with it..

& you still cant post any proof to back up your lies...

ceagle

Bench
Jesus you are thick...
I never said AB wasnt keen for it...They both were ,but the fact remains,Blair was jogging off ,& NOT Heading for GS ,He was going to miss him BY about 2 mtrs,until GS took 4 steps to the right ,then when AB changed direction GS took a step to the left,to make sure that they were shoulder to shoulder.
Look up the meaning of the word instigate..that is what we were arguing about..& you cant deny GS instigated the fight...i have never said AB wasnt keen,once he seen GS wanted to go on with it..

& you still cant post any proof to back up your lies...
How do you know this? It looked like Blair could of easily pulled up along side right shoulder on the way to the bin, but he switches to his left once he see's Stewart face that direction. If you seriously believe Stewart actually impeeded Blair making his way to the bin then you are deadset mentally geniused, Blair had meters of space to get past Glen, Glen probably moved 3 inches to his right.

Last edited:

Tommax25

Bench
I cant see how blair could be suspended.

When there walking off Stewart swings at him. Whats he meant to do? Then 4 manly players come at him (2 of who should be the first suspended).

I am a neutral supporter but think manly should loose 2-3 players from it, storm none.

You know, I keep seeing this opinion spouted off and it baffles me. You say you can't see how Blair should be suspended when he was put upon by many Manly players and because of this Manly deserve to lose a few, yet you 100% ignore the same situation reversed minutes earlier where Blair himself laid into Lussick while held by a few Storm players. Are you blind or just biased?

Tommax25

Bench
How I would see it pan out:

Blair 2 weeks for upper cut in the original melee
g Stewart 3 weeks for his part in original melee and starting the sideline fight
Lussik and Foran 3 weeks running in and punching a player on the ground
b Stewart 5 weeks running 30 metres and king hitting a player in the head with a straight arm

I loved the Stewart v Blair square up, the rest was just dog acts by cowards

No way in hell Glenn deserves a bigger suspension than Blair (loading aside). No way in f**king hell. Glenn's 'part' in the original melee was pulling Blair off Lussick and holding him to stop more punches being thrown, and you want to throw some suspension time at him for that?

M2D2

Bench
Glenn put his hands on Blairs chest to put some space between them because Blair was in his personal space and getting in his face with his BLAHBLAHBLAH
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Youre a f**king simpleton.

Tommax25

Bench
but but but, he said a naughty word to him first. but but but, he touched him on the shoulder.

stfu, both wanted it, both are equally to blame. That said, give both 3 weeks, and snake and lussick 2 each. Plus Melbourne a big fine for having guys come off the bench.

People are calling for no penalty, others are saying 12 weeks. 3 weeks is fair imo.

So for the 2nd incident Glenn gets 3 and Blair gets 1, and Blair gets 2 more for punching a defenseless player in the 1st incident? Why is Glenn penalised more than Blair for the 2nd?

Tommax25

Bench
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Youre a f**king simpleton.

Watch the video. Not man enough to quote me properly, hoping I'd miss it? You clutching at straws and name calling doesn't change what happened. What I said is what occured.

super_coach

First Grade
54 pages of rubbish, the good thing is that both Stewart boys are gone for the season,100% for certain. Blair is also gone, but lets face Manly are shot Rabbits without the the St George reject from the Gong. Matia, Whatmough now Stewart, Brookvale a breeding ground for grubs. Like most league fans, I hope they now crumble into the dirt where they came from. The boys from brookie offer nothing except for the silks who are employed every second week to get them out of jail

Tommax25

Bench
54 pages of rubbish, the good thing is that both Stewart boys are gone for the season,100% for certain. Blair is also gone, but lets face Manly are shot Rabbits without the the St George reject from the Gong. Matia, Whatmough now Stewart, Brookvale a breeding ground for grubs. Like most league fans, I hope they now crumble into the dirt where they came from. The boys from brookie offer nothing except for the silks who are employed every second week to get them out of jail

lol at troll

Latest posts