What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

simostorm

Bench
kk i seen that bit that Stewart did.. thought he might have done something abit worse than that in the play before that sparked the initial fight.. all looked pretty meh to me..

After seeing the send off at 1/2 time. Why didn't the video ref get involved?? Not so much the Brett Stewart attempt of a hit.

After that Blair is under 5 players both Lussick & Watmough were throwing punch in to his ribs. It was clear he was defence less being hit. Surely more should of gone???

so......did you see lussick being uppercut by blair while he was being held, in the original fight

now that is a dog act if you ask me, if that did not happen there is a chance the rest would not of happened

Last edited:

firechild

First Grade
There could be a few blokes sitting on the sidelines for a few weeks but geez, how good was it? Just a shame that Blair didn't get knocked out.

RABK

Referee
Not sure Watmoughs done to come under fire from you lot? He ran in, turned around and got crash tackled by the storm players, never laid a hand on Blair. It's Stewart with the flying clothesline and Lussick with dog shots to the ribs that should be in a bit of trouble. A bit as in 1-2 weeks each. Calm down grandmas.

Last edited:

Billythekid

First Grade
Some of you Manly fans have no shame. I have no problem admitting Blair is a thug and his punch was dirty as hell.

There is no defending Lussick or Brett Stewart here.

simostorm

Bench
There could be a few blokes sitting on the sidelines for a few weeks but geez, how good was it? Just a shame that Blair didn't get knocked out.

:lol: yeah.. true that.. probally the most entertaining footy ive seen in a while.. they shoulda let those 2 guys come back on after the 10 instead of sending them off..

Snappy

Coach
Jeez looking at that again, B.Stewart will be in a fair bit of trouble...

Yep he def made contact. It broke Blair and Glenn apart and you could see Blair put his hand to his face immediately after.

He'll be gone for a few weeks.

LESStar58

Referee
Yes my purple glasses are on here but I think the reversing of the penalty that led to the whole thing was laughable. nothing in Hinchcliffes innocuous elbow but I can see how it might have been a tiny bit suspect.

Now the glasses are off. As both player to to the bin they exchange words and watch Stewart turn around to see who is watching. He says something to Blair who pushes him and its on. I don't think we've heard the last of what was said. I'm guessing some form of vilification on behalf of either Blair or Stewart. Blair has probably called GS's brother a "rapist" and GS has called Blair a "darky" or insulted his mother.

Here's how I see it playing out;

Blair and G Stewart- 2 weeks
B Stewart- one week for being third man in
Sika Manu- one week for contrary conduct (I.e. entering the field of play to get involved)
Both clubs- 50k fine each

I think Hayne and Badger need to take some accountability as well. Should have waited until Stewart was up the tunnel before binning Blair. That happens and we still would have had thirteen a side.

And I will say it again; watch the PC media like those snide little merkins on Offsiders rip the suitcase out of RL yet again. Possibly worse than they did after Origin in 2009.

blaza88z

Coach
I love how the pissants come running in and then Watmough runs in later but still before any Melbourne player then turns his back to hold off the Melbourne players from pulling the 5 vultures off of Blair

Manly Pissants :lol:

swing_low

Juniors
Brett Stewart was a flying hand slap. He missed, it only looks ordinary from the far away view.

Lussick on the other hand is in strife. Watmough did nothing hahah .

simostorm

Bench
Stewart throwing the first punch to blair while walking off.. looked the worse to me.. retaliation just cause blair was niggling him doesnt make it right.. you cant punch Enniss in the head every time he niggles you.. or can you?

user_nat

Coach
Whilst I admit that these incidents are fun to watch but..

Would something like this taking place in the U20s or even some random U17s game be acceptable? Nope. NRL players should be leading by example.

derp

Juniors
f**king amazing isn't it?
For years all you merkins have been whinging about how grubby the Storm are, and finally a team gives it back to them by bashing the crap out them and you merkins are still whining.
f**king wankers the lot of yas.

Dragon

Coach
Blair third man in on the original fight, B. Stewart 3rd man in on the 2nd fight. Give em botha week and be done with it.

Surprised Thaiday didnt show up tbh

Disco

Bench
jesus some of you are soft.

it was great, two passionate teams going at it.

Lussick and Blair may have been touch and go but eh, its footy.

B Stewart...............honestly didnt see much in it way overblown.

i'd be happy for everyone to line up again.......no suspensions

Latest posts