What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

firechild

First Grade
And to think that people were saying before the game that the result meant nothing. It obviously meant plenty to the players. They genuinely hate each other and it makes for fantastic games between the 2 sides. Players don't fire up in nothing games. It's the determination and the passion that makes Manly and Melbourne the 2 best teams in the comp. Obviously it's not a good look for the game and players need to be suspended but it would be a shame if either team was decimated before the finals, they both deserve to be there and have a good crack at the premiership.

dogslife

Coach
I thought the original penalty against hinchcliffe was a bit harsh. Watching the replay for the first time everyone in the room sort of agreed yeah nothing in it. Fmd if they handed out penalties for that sort of shit in the ruck, Michael Hancock would have never been legally allowed to play the ball! Will be interesting to see if any of the Manly boys get cited for laying into Blair. Was an absolute spectacle until it became a 5 on 1 gang rape

swing_low

Juniors
Gallop may yet have the last laugh on Brett Stewart. I want the match review committee to make a decision tonight! It will be one boring week with the media...

blaza88z

Coach
do any of you think Stewart did he knee sprinting in to king hit Blair? it'd be funny as f**k if so

simostorm

Bench
Ive been thinking a Manly vs Storm GF again would be horrible.. but after tonight.. i think it would probally be pretty dam good to see..

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
From both incidents combined there might be 3-4 players who get a one week rest before the finals. The only one I really see getting rubbed out of the finals is Lussick. He's the most expendable to make it look like the NRL is acting on the incident. Blair and Stewart will get a send off and 1 week is sufficient.

ironhorse

Juniors
Glenn Stewart - 2 weeks , Blair possibly 1-2 weeks

brett stewart will get 3-4 weeks ..
Now lussack who instigated the whole incident and was in melee and then ran 40 metres to throw punch's to a man on the ground while 4 Manly players were belting Blair could get easily 6+ weeks , very possible . He is in trouble i suspect as is Brett Stewart . Storm bench will get cited for entering the field though could have a get out as Blair was being belted by 5 Manly players with no defence so who knows ? 1 week per man ?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The offence for having more than 13 players on the field in the past has been stripping of competition points - Manly could possibly be looking at that if their players are seen to have entered the field. Melbourne definitely had interchange players enter the field - saw them on the footage. They'll cop a fine for their troubles.

As for suspensions - the NRL is kidding themselves if the following doesn't happen:

Stewarts - both gone (both striking, Glenn possible contrary conduct)
Hinchcliffe (elbow) - possibly a week for striking
Blair - gone (striking, contrary conduct maybe?)
Lussick and Watmough - both maybe one week.

Brett Stewart could be gone anyway with medial ligament tear.

northwest9

Juniors
Blair third man in on the original fight, B. Stewart 3rd man in on the 2nd fight. Give em botha week and be done with it.

Surprised Thaiday didnt show up tbh

A mate just text me to tell me he's spotted thaiday catching a flight down to get involved, should be there shortly

ceagle

Bench
The offence for having more than 13 players on the field in the past has been stripping of competition points - Manly could possibly be looking at that if their players are seen to have entered the field. Melbourne definitely had interchange players enter the field - saw them on the footage. They'll cop a fine for their troubles.

As for suspensions - the NRL is kidding themselves if the following doesn't happen:

Stewarts - both gone (both striking, Glenn possible contrary conduct)
Hinchcliffe (elbow) - possibly a week for striking
Blair - gone (striking, contrary conduct maybe?)
Lussick and Watmough - both maybe one week.

Brett Stewart could be gone anyway with medial ligament tear.
How could you possibly know it was a tear?

Spanner in the works

First Grade
I think there is going to be trouble for both sides. Disgraceful scenes that aren't in the spirit of the game. Both sides may have just thrown away their title shots. Worst thing though? The AFL and their cronies in the media are going to have a field day with it.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Funny how some of the Manly & Melbourne supporters were bitching about Gallop attending the game & pondering what sort of disapproving reception he should receive. Then both teams decide to demonstrate to him in person that they are the grubbiest in the comp. So much for the moral outrage.