What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

Just a question, will the 3 ex-eagles players be sitting on the panel.

Brad Clyde is Raiders and Bulldogs to an extent..
Peter Louis was the 90's Bears coach and former Parra affiliated.
Greg McCallum is a former ref.

Not much love for Manly there.

Lowdown

Juniors
It's the judiciary that are ex-Manly.

Darrel Williams and Mal Cochrane are both ex-Manly premiership team-mates I believe. Michael Buettner is a one-time Eagles players for Northern Eagles, but also played for the Bears and Eels.

Either way: Two Manly players and one Eels players means the Storm are up against it, if referred to them by the MRP (which they will be I expect).

ceagle

Bench
Melbourne only has to worry about the judicary if they plan to downgrade the charges, or Blair's case gets sent straight through

Cletus

First Grade
When do the charges come out? I'm struggling to see how they could come up with grade 3 striking charges when most of the punches didn't connect.

Patorick

Staff member

_Johnsy

Referee
News Update

Thaiday has been spotted 15 km's north of Newcastle as he continues to run down to Brookie to get involved from the side of the brawl.

More updates to follow.

firechild

First Grade
I wouldn't be surprised if he blindsided David Williams on his way through, sounds like something Thaiday could do.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Brawlers to miss grand final

Adam Blair and Glen Stewart have been suspended for 8 weeks each for thier invlovement in the brawl. Lussick, Foran and Robertson all recieved 6 weeks for their actions in the brawl, in which they all came running in. Brett Stewart recieved 8 weeks also, 6 weeks for runnng into the brawl and two weeks for a poor attempt of trying to be superman.
Blair is considered a genius as he has managed to take out half of Manly team and the expensive of just himself for the finals.
The brilliant "lets get it on" call in which Glenn took up the fight gladly, has resulted in Blair having a early mark and extended off season, freshing himself up for the International season and a new start at the tigers. Also makes it so Manly are having to play half thier reserve grade team in the finals. Teams like the Dragons and Tigers are now hoping to come 7th.

LINK

Spanner in the works

First Grade
The Stewart's, Lussick and Blair would have to be in the most trouble wouldn't they? The rest of them are pretty much non events I thought. Didn't think the elbow was anything special - pretty innocuous in fact and you see it in many games. Don't care if the Melbourne players entered the field - if I saw my mate with 5 guys on top of him with at least 1 guy throwing punches, I'd run a f**king mile to drag them off. Same thing with the officials. Foran? I don't think that's part of his game so I think BOTD might be prudent.

firechild

First Grade
You can see Lussick in the video standing behind the rest of them waiting for the rest of the Melbourne players to ru at them. I don't think he has too much to worry about. Robertson, Foran and Lussick all ran in to stop the fight and they tackled both Blair and Stewart. Stewart was the only one that threw any punches at Blair, Foran only held Blair (the same as what Smith and co did in the first fight) so I can't see why Foran or Robertson should recieve any penalty. Lussick possibly for the first fight but even then it would only be a week. Brett, Glenn and Adam are the only ones really facing anything substantial and even then, Glenn and blair should be facing no more than 2 weeks each. Not sure exactly where Brett stands as it will depend on how they view the incident (the act, the intent, the outcome).

Patorick

Staff member
Without saying it directly, Thirsty Morrow on ABC Radio alluded to Lussick punching and kicking Blair on the ground.

I haven't seen this on the video, some of you may have, but if that's proven he's in for a long holiday and short career.

Shame too, I think he's a good player.

Did anyone else see Slater's forearm to DCE towards the end of the game? Do you think he'll be charged for that?

M2D2

Bench
Adam Blair and Glen Stewart have been suspended for 8 weeks each for thier invlovement in the brawl. Lussick, Foran and Robertson all recieved 6 weeks for their actions in the brawl, in which they all came running in. Brett Stewart recieved 8 weeks also, 6 weeks for runnng into the brawl and two weeks for a poor attempt of trying to be superman.
Blair is considered a genius as he has managed to take out half of Manly team and the expensive of just himself for the finals.
The brilliant "lets get it on" call in which Glenn took up the fight gladly, has resulted in Blair having a early mark and extended off season, freshing himself up for the International season and a new start at the tigers. Also makes it so Manly are having to play half thier reserve grade team in the finals. Teams like the Dragons and Tigers are now hoping to come 7th.
:lol:
successful-troll-is-successful.jpg

ceagle

Bench
B.Stewart has played more the 7 seasons and I don't believe he has had any past offenses so that shaves about 25% of the points from his charge, also an early plea takes off another 25%. I reckon Stewart will probably only get 2 games off because of his good record.

Last edited:

Latest posts