What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

BunniesMan

Immortal
... and the 12 Storm players immediately behind them as well as the ones who came in off the bench?
Yes but they can say they only ran in to protect their man who they saw was about to be outnumbered 5 to 1. The Manly players don't have that excuse.

There is no justification for those 4 running in into a 1 on 1 fight seconds after they were lectured about 3rd man in.

I think all 4 will get suspended along with Blair and G Stewart.

firechild

First Grade
Yes but they can say they only ran in to protect their man who they saw was about to be outnumbered 5 to 1. The Manly players don't have that excuse.

There is no justification for those 4 running in into a 1 on 1 fight seconds after they were lectured about 3rd man in.

I think all 4 will get suspended along with Blair and G Stewart.

Good thing we all know you're geniused and your opinion is meaningless.

"3rd man in" is not a charge, striking is and neither Foran nor Robertson threw a punch therefore cannot be charged with striking. Brett has open hands when he grabs at Blair, he can argue (and it could be true) that he was simply trying to pull Blair off his brother.

bileduct

Coach

f**k me dead, you are a genius.

gronkathon

First Grade
Contrary conduct is a broad charge though.

Personally neither Robertson on Foran deserve anything. Mongtard Stewart the Brett should cop a decent suspension. That worthless dog Lussic should not play until mid April next year. Whack each club with a 300k fine

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
3:45 press conference by gallop

Press conference. Do they really need a press conference?

Who are they trying to appease here?

Just charge em, cuff em and walk em down to the judiciary to be judged.

Press conferences by the CEO should be saved for stripping cheats of titles or to announce the new TV deal as massive one.

Press conference. For a fight.

f**k me.

BunniesMan

Immortal

"3rd man in" is not a charge, striking is and neither Foran nor Robertson threw a punch therefore cannot be charged with striking. Brett has open hands when he grabs at Blair, he can argue (and it could be true) that he was simply trying to pull Blair off his brother.
You seriously think no Manly player other than G Stewart will be suspended? If you do then it's your opinion that is meaningless. The over/under of how Manly players won't be playing next week is 5.

_Johnsy

Referee

Press conferences by the CEO should be saved for stripping cheats of titles or to announce the new TV deal as massive one.

f**k me.

Unless the NRL are going to go absolutely f&**ing bananas and give it to both clubs deluxe. Can you imagine both clubs whinging and whining, that I would enjoy.

BuffaloRules

Coach
You seriously think no Manly player other than G Stewart will be suspended? If you do then it's your opinion that is meaningless. The over/under of how Manly players won't be playing next week is 5.

Who cares how many are not playing next week??

Lets see how many are out for Week 1 of the finals...

firechild

First Grade
Why should Lussick get any more than Blair? Both laid into an opposing player (which just happened to be each other) while the player they were hitting was being held back by teammates. Both came in as 3rd man to do so. Guess what, Lussick is no worse than Blair. In fact Blair is worse because Lussick rightfully felt he deserved to get one back on Blair.

Blair is the biggest dog in the game and it was just a matter of time before he was involved in something like this.

Eels Dude

Coach

f**k me.

With the amount of media interest in this whole thing a press conference is really required. That's what it comes down to.

Sleep

Juniors
I'm taking the under there in a big way. They can't sit down five guys in total in my mind.

blaza88z

Coach

f**k me.

I think it's for the fines, don't know that they'll announce the suspensions. I sure hope they do so everyone can move on.

gronkathon

First Grade
Why should Lussick get any more than Blair? Both laid into an opposing player (which just happened to be each other) while the player they were hitting was being held back by teammates. Both came in as 3rd man to do so. Guess what, Lussick is no worse than Blair. In fact Blair is worse because Lussick rightfully felt he deserved to get one back on Blair.

Blair is the biggest dog in the game and it was just a matter of time before he was involved in something like this.

Like it or not punching a player on the ground is the biggest dog act in the entire episode.

firechild

First Grade

You seriously are geniused aren't you? G. Stewart will be suspended, Lussick will be suspended, B. Stewart will be charged and there are grounds for the club to fight it. It is likely he will get a downgrade on his charge and still get a week or 2. How the f*ck could they suspend 5 Manly players? Foran and Robertson will not be suspended, there will likely be 3 Manly players suspended and 2 Melbourne players (Blair and Hinchcliff but Waqa could be in strife too). Slater should be suspended for dangerous contact but that will be conveniently looked past by the judiciary.

bileduct

Coach

Just wait, they'll tell you that hitting someone who is restrained on the ground is apparently oh so much worse than dishing out an uppercut to the head of someone who is being restrained while standing.

Blair is an absolute angel. It's all Lussick's and Stewart's fault.

Lussick shouldn't have put his head in the path of Blair's fist, and Stewart shouldn't have been looking behind as he walked off.

Danish

Referee

Brett Finch got charged with contrary conduct after being 3rd man into a fight in the 2005 ANZAC day game and suspended for 2 weeks.

Ryles got a few weeks as well IIRC

gronkathon

First Grade
SirCliffordGC or whatever he is calling himself these days will probably self immolate on a live Twitter feed if the cross eyed mong tard gets charged