What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

M2D2

Bench
Brett should have gotten longer.
Only manly fans will differ on that.
But everyone else pretty much got what they deserved. Glenn and Blair are goooooooooone.

I guess the MRC does have better footage to look at than the youtube videos most people here have based their judgements on? Reasonable outcome imo.

MacDougall

First Grade
How the f*ck did the match review committee miss the dog shot from Slater on DCE? Seems that Slater can get away with anything.

Because not every person in Australia is a jealous prick with a chip on his shoulder. Maybe they gave Slater a reprieve for the quick thinking and kindness he showed David Williams? Moron.

firechild

First Grade
Bretts hands were open. Watch it again, he tried to grab at Blairs shoulders to drag him to the ground.

MacDougall

First Grade
Bretts hands were open. Watch it again, he tried to grab at Blairs shoulders to drag him to the ground.

Yes fool but that doesn't matter when there is an actual head high tackle? If you whack a bloke in the head aiming at the air next to him it's still a high tackle, but apparently when it's during a fight and not actually in the game it's not as bad? A JOKE! Pull your head in.

yobbo84

Coach
David Fa'alogo. Dog act but he didn't run 30 metres to land it on Braith.

Stewart ran 30 metres and had nothing in mind but taking Blair's head off and if he'd have connected would have shattered the blokes jaw.

Absolute f**king cowardly dog act and lucky for Blair the bloke missed.

I don't normally agree with a Roosters supporter but... this.

firechild

First Grade
Because not every person in Australia is a jealous prick with a chip on his shoulder. Maybe they gave Slater a reprieve for the quick thinking and kindness he showed David Williams? Moron.

You already said you didn't see it moron. It was no different to what Trent Hodkinson got 2 weeks for earlier in the year. Add loading for Slater and he would have got 3 weeks. The fact he has one decent act in a long history of dog acts shouldn't help his case.

malleekid

Juniors
__________________________________________________With early guilty plea
Adam Blair Contrary conduct – fighting (referred)
Glenn Stewart Contrary conduct – fighting (referred)
Adam Blair Striking – grade 2 ................................................... 2 Weeks
Sisa Waqa Detrimental conduct – grade 2 .................................. 1 Week
Bryan Norrie Detrimental conduct – grade 1 ............................... Free to play
Jaiman Lowe Detrimental conduct – grade 1 ................................ Free to play
Sika Manu Detrimental conduct – grade 1 .................................. 1 Week
Darcy Lussick Contrary conduct – grade 4 .................................. 3 Weeks
Brett Stewart Contrary conduct – grade 3 .................................. 1 Week
Keiran Foran Contrary conduct – grade 2 .................................. 1 Week
Michael Robertson Contrary conduct – grade 1 ........................... Free to play

Lowdown

Juniors
How on earth does Adam Blair get charged twice, yet Glenn Stewart avoids a striking charge? I saw Glenn Stewart throw plenty, yet land only a few. It's still striking is it not?

Me thinks they simply forgot about the charge, or someone forgot to take the minutes properly. Lazy merkins.

I'm still puzzled by Brett's Stewart light charge. Of anyone, I thought he was going to be in the most strife.

M2D2

Bench
I think they are saying and this is just a theory.
Blair got striking for his uppercuts in the first fight.
Blair/Stewart got charged for fighting in the second fight.

firechild

First Grade
The striking charge is for the initial fight, Glenn never threw a punch in the first fight. The contrary conduct charges are for the 2nd fight.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
I expected Brett would get a slap on the wrist and they would look the other way in regards to Slater.

It happened.

Who is actually surprised by that?

Lowdown

Juniors
And...how on earth is Brett Stewart not charged with a separate striking charge.

Again - he's fist struck Adam Blair's head, causing him to clutch at it and fall to the ground.

:crazy:

BunniesMan

Immortal
B Stewart got off because the NRL didn't feel like dealing with another 3 years of whingeing from Manly.

Tom155

Coach
How on earth does Adam Blair get charged twice, yet Glenn Stewart avoids a striking charge? I saw Glenn Stewart throw plenty, yet land only a few. It's still striking is it not?

Me thinks they simply forgot about the charge, or someone forgot to take the minutes properly. Lazy merkins.

I'm still puzzled by Brett's Stewart light charge. Of anyone, I thought he was going to be in the most strife.
i think the charge would be from the uppercut from the side of the 1st brawl

ceagle

Bench
A Lot of bitter fans dissapointed to see B.Stewart get off with one week.

paws4498_u-mad1.jpg

gronkathon

First Grade
I also believe they will end up with similar susspensions. Even though the matter is referred to the judiciary I see Stewart getting a larger suspension from that incident than Blair.

I say this because of the slow walk and several changes of direction