What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

ceagle

Bench
too lenient IMO.
Brett Stewart should have got 10 weeks minimum, if blair hadn't have ducked he could have been knocked out, injuried his neck etc. I bet you anything that if it was Fuifui Moimoi, Jason Ryles, Mick Weyman etc then they would have got 10-14 weeks.
Something tells me that this was a publicity stunt to take attention away from the RWC and AFL and thats why the players go small punishments. I mean look at the look on Glenn Stewart's face before he has a go at blair on the way off the field he was grinning, had a look to around to see if everyone was watching. You can buy advertising like what the NRL has got from this brawl.
If my Aunty had a dick she would be my Uncle. Stupid hypothetical.

MacDougall

First Grade
too lenient IMO.
Brett Stewart should have got 10 weeks minimum, if blair hadn't have ducked he could have been knocked out, injuried his neck etc. I bet you anything that if it was Fuifui Moimoi, Jason Ryles, Mick Weyman etc then they would have got 10-14 weeks.
Something tells me that this was a publicity stunt to take attention away from the RWC and AFL and thats why the players go small punishments. I mean look at the look on Glenn Stewart's face before he has a go at blair on the way off the field he was grinning, had a look to around to see if everyone was watching. You can buy advertising like what the NRL has got from this brawl.

This is an odd thing to say but I have to admit that I was pretty baffled by the way Stewart just started swinging at Blair and how it all seemed so premeditated. I'd say it's more likely that Stewart just knew he'd be sweet with his mates running in.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Foxsports are saying Glenn could get off with maybe only 2-3 weeks
IF thats true, with Brett getting off as well Manly, their coaches, players and fans lose the right to whinge about some so called NRL wide conspiracy against them for the next 100 years.

MacDougall

First Grade
hahaha sorry hard man.
Guess he should have hey?? Might have got into another GF but not so much now. Guess Blair's the clown.

No way. It was outlined in a post on the last page. He has no case to answer. He gets 2 weeks for striking in the first melee but he has no case to answer for the second melee, that's all on your hero.

So Hinchcliffe gets nothing for the elbow
Slater Nothing for the 73min forearm to DCE
Gidley and DeGois for Saturdays brawl nothing and prob a few more that warranted looking at

MacDougall

First Grade
I hope Manly are stupid enough to come out and cry about their $50k fine and Lussick and Stewart contest charges. The judiciary will eat them alive.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
IF thats true, with Brett getting off as well Manly, their coaches, players and fans lose the right to whinge about some so called NRL wide conspiracy against them for the next 100 years.

Oh it'd be definitely true is a Fox Sports journo has suggested it :roll:

Evenflow

Bench

While that may end up being the case i wouldn't take too much credence into what Foxsports say because they'd only be guessing like the rest of us. The fact it's been referred straight to the judiciary would indicate it's a bit more serious than just (at least) a couple of weeks. Doesn't he also have loading which will give him another week also?

Perth Red

Post Whore
The 4nations is coming up, surely the Australian judiciary will take advantage and rub the Kiwi out for that as well?

MacDougall

First Grade
So Hinchcliffe gets nothing for the elbow
Slater Nothing for the 73min forearm to DCE
Gidley and DeGois for Saturdays brawl nothing and prob a few more that warranted looking at

In case you haven't noticed your thug players have received a combined total of charges equal to the Storm despite having 5 on 1 assaulted a player.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So B Stewart runs 30 metres and throws a swinging arm, king hits Bl;air who is looking the other way at G Stewart, connects with Blairs head and gets a week? Geez consistency is a great thing isn;t it?

dclayw

Juniors
Funny how people (like me I guess) see what they want to see. What Brett Stewart did wasn't that much worse then what others did, he just got there first (he's faster then most).

And Blair was most definitely the instigator. He might not have thrown the first punch in the second fight but he certainly provoked it. And he was the one who really kicked it into gear during the first fight.

Why wasn't there a charge for the initial elbow to the head by Hinchcliffe I think it was, he started the whole thing with typical Melbourne niggling. Why is he excused for that. And why wasn't Slater charged for his blatant forearm to the head later in the game.

There are rules for some players and rules for others, and there are rules for some teams and rules for others. That is what really needs to be cleaned up in this game. All Manly did is refused to stand for the bullsh!t tactics that the rest of us have had to put up with for years.

I don't support either team by the way and I don't particularly like one team over the other, but I did enjoy the smashing Manly gave Melbourne and I did enjoy the stunned look on Bellamy's face when he realsied he might not win another game if his team is reff'd like that (=correctly) for the rest of the season.

ceagle

Bench
While that may end up being the case i wouldn't take too much credence into what Foxsports say because they'd only be guessing like the rest of us. The fact it's been referred straight to the judiciary would indicate it's a bit more serious than just (at least) a couple of weeks. Doesn't he also have loading which will give him another week also?
Any loading points and all that stuff doesn't matter when it is referred straight to the Judiciary, the judiciary can decide whatever punishment they want, Glenn should go out and get the best lawyer he can find

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach

That' would have to be best case scenario wouldn't it. You'd think both Blair and Stewart won't play again this year. Just on Blair, yes he'll be a loss as he's not playing but not one that can't be replaced. He's over rated a little isn't he? Stewart is a big loss for the Eagles.

Last edited:
Funny how people (like me I guess) see what they want to see. What Brett Stewart did wasn't that much worse then what others did, he just got there first (he's faster then most).

And Blair was most definitely the instigator. He might not have thrown the first punch in the second fight but he certainly provoked it. And he was the one who really kicked it into gear during the first fight.

Why wasn't there a charge for the initial elbow to the head by Hinchcliffe I think it was, he started the whole thing with typical Melbourne niggling. Why is he excused for that. And why wasn't Slater charged for his blatant forearm to the head later in the game.

There are rules for some players and rules for others, and there are rules for some teams and rules for others. That is what really needs to be cleaned up in this game. All Manly did is refused to stand for the bullsh!t tactics that the rest of us have had to put up with for years.

I don't support either team by the way and I don't particularly like one team over the other, but I did enjoy the smashing Manly gave Melbourne and I did enjoy the stunned look on Bellamy's face when he realsied he might not win another game if his team is reff'd like that (=correctly) for the rest of the season.

Agreed. Glenn Stewart is allowed to elbow people in the head as evidence by last year.

Glenn Referred for the 2nd brawl he threw a few punches not sure if many connected Blair threw a few not sure if many of those connected either
then the Cavalry arrived Glenn and Blair didnt go near each other again
so 2 WEEKS for Glen
same for Blair but add his charge on 4weeks

Latest posts