What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

MacDougall

First Grade
Somehow a gang attack by Manly vs. Blair ends in 5 players from each side getting charged. Those Melbourne bench players shouldn't have been charged for protecting their team mate from being assaulted by 5 professional athletes.

MacDougall

First Grade
i think the charge would be from the uppercut from the side of the 1st brawl

So why has Lussick not received a striking charge for laying into Blair in the second melee? How did Stewart not get charged with striking when he continued to lay into Blair when his 5 mates rocked up. It's a joke. Melbourne should feel incredibly hard done by.

M2D2

Bench
A Lot of bitter fans dissapointed to see B.Stewart get off with one week.

paws4498_u-mad1.jpg
not_mad_owl.jpg

Tom155

Coach
So why has Lussick not received a striking charge for laying into Blair in the second melee? How did Stewart not get charged with striking when he continued to lay into Blair when his 5 mates rocked up. It's a joke. Melbourne should feel incredibly hard done by.
your bias against manly is a joke, i agree stewart should have been charged with striking when he continued to lay into Blair, lussick was harshly done by imo he didnt do the same

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
Grade 3 Contrary Conduct carries a base penalty of 325 points so if he contests it and fails he'll get 3 weeks. If he takes the early guilty plea he'll still miss 2 weeks.

Nice effort mate. Check for facts before trying to correct people.
Pot Kettle Black????
Any after 70 pages of dribble lets just call it as it is.....

Nice Beaver

First Grade

Oh the indignity against those morally upright Storm martyrs.
Please.. only Blair and Manu will get a suspension. Waqa will as well, but he doesn't count really. Wouldn't have played again this year regardless.
Blair and Lussick are the two who should get the most. Glenn Stewart a week less than them.
You can cry foul about Blair getting ganged up on in the second fight (which is fair enough too) but you choose to gloss over the fact he nailed Lussick with an upper cut in the first fight when he was held by 3 players. Thats as big a dog act as any of the other crap you are going on about.
If Blair didn't want a fight the second time he would have run straight past Stewart, regardless of Stewart's change of direction. I'm pretty sure that amongst all the grappling training they do they also teach them how to change direction while running. He stopped. He wanted to fight.

ceagle

Bench
Blair will be a massive loss for the Storm, may be the last game he's played for them?
He has to serve the 2 weeks with the striking charge + whatever the judiciary decide to do to him. Might even miss a game or 2 next year for the Tigs, but you can use trial games to take up suspension time.

Lowdown

Juniors
The striking charge is for the initial fight, Glenn never threw a punch in the first fight. The contrary conduct charges are for the 2nd fight.

Really? I thought Glenn threw a couple in that initial fraccas.

Oh well, not hard to see Blair's defence at the judiciary:

Blair: Sirs, I was running off towards the sin bin. I noticed Glen Stewart turn around and move towards me.

Counsel: Why did you stop?

Blair: Because it was pretty obvious he wanted to say something to me.

Counsel: What happened then?

Blair: I cant remember, but he said something to me and grabbed my jersey.

Counsel: Then what happened.

Blair: I tried to push him away.

Counsel: And then?

Blair: He threw a punch at me sir.

Counsel: And how did you respond?

Blair: Well, I defended myself sir.

Counsel: Why did you do that, and not elect to try and negotiate with Mr Stewart for a peaceful outcome?

Blair: I'm not sure, sir. But I'd encourage you to stand in front of 20,000 screaming Manly fans, and have one of their players try and punch you in the head, and not try to protect yourself. It all happened so fast - I doubt any other player in any other situation would have reacted any differently.

--------

Seems a straight forward case to me.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Wonder if the 1 week for Stewart has something to do with him possibly missing 2 with a knee injury.

edit: nevermind, I see he's a cleanskin

Pierced Soul

First Grade
He has to serve the 2 weeks with the striking charge + whatever the judiciary decide to do to him. might even miss a game or 2 next year for the Tigs, but you can use trial games to take up suspension time.

should use whatever defence gallen used

MacDougall

First Grade
your bias against manly is a joke, i agree stewart should have been charged with striking when he continued to lay into Blair, lussick was harshly done by imo he didnt do the same

Lol piss off! You aren't an NRL fan if you don't categorically hate Manly and side with everyone else. Well unless you're a Manly fan. But still, 5 Manly Sea Dogs vs one future Wests Tigers hero and you're wondering why I feel like Blair is hard done by.

MacDougall

First Grade
Oh the indignity against those morally upright Storm martyrs.
Please.. only Blair and Manu will get a suspension. Waqa will as well, but he doesn't count really. Wouldn't have played again this year regardless.
Blair and Lussick are the two who should get the most. Glenn Stewart a week less than them.
You can cry foul about Blair getting ganged up on in the second fight (which is fair enough too) but you choose to gloss over the fact he nailed Lussick with an upper cut in the first fight when he was held by 3 players. Thats as big a dog act as any of the other crap you are going on about.
If Blair didn't want a fight the second time he would have run straight past Stewart, regardless of Stewart's change of direction. I'm pretty sure that amongst all the grappling training they do they also teach them how to change direction while running. He stopped. He wanted to fight.

Are you serious you clown? You want a Kiwi rep forward to run straight past a guy calling him out for a stoush? He'd be forever known as the biggest pussy in NRL history!

Evenflow

Bench
Blair will be a massive loss for the Storm, may be the last game he's played for them?

He'll be a loss no doubt but not one that can't be covered and certainly not one that all of a sudden puts us out of contention of winning the comp, no matter how much opposition fans (hope) would like to think it will.

too lenient IMO.
Brett Stewart should have got 10 weeks minimum, if blair hadn't have ducked he could have been knocked out, injuried his neck etc. I bet you anything that if it was Fuifui Moimoi, Jason Ryles, Mick Weyman etc then they would have got 10-14 weeks.
Something tells me that this was a publicity stunt to take attention away from the RWC and AFL and thats why the players go small punishments. I mean look at the look on Glenn Stewart's face before he has a go at blair on the way off the field he was grinning, had a look to around to see if everyone was watching. You can buy advertising like what the NRL has got from this brawl.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Are you serious you clown? You want a Kiwi rep forward to run straight past a guy calling him out for a stoush? He'd be forever known as the biggest pussy in NRL history!

hahaha sorry hard man.
Guess he should have hey?? Might have got into another GF but not so much now. Guess Blair's the clown.

Latest posts