What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

Tommax25

Bench
Really? I thought Glenn threw a couple in that initial fraccas.

Oh well, not hard to see Blair's defence at the judiciary:

Blair: Sirs, I was running off towards Glen Stewart.

Counsel: Why did you stop?

Blair: Because I had some trash to talk and hoped to get another crack at him.

Counsel: What happened then?

Blair: I said let's get it on and made sure I was all up in his face. He tried to keep me at bay and put his hands on me.

Counsel: Then what happened.

Blair: I push him away.

Counsel: And then?

Blair: He threw a punch at me sir.

Counsel: And how did you respond?

Blair: Well, I defended myself sir.

Counsel: Why did you do that, and not elect to try and negotiate with Mr Stewart for a peaceful outcome?

Blair: I'm not sure, sir. But I'd encourage you to stand in front of 20,000 screaming Manly fans, and have one of their players try and punch you in the head, and not try to protect yourself. It all happened so fast - I doubt any other player in any other situation would have reacted any differently.

--------

Seems a straight forward case to me.

What a load of shit. Edited for truth.

ceagle

Bench
Really, a silver tail whingeing supporter having a go at another club's fan? :crazy:

That's just hilarious! :lol::lol::lol:
I was suggesting that you are obviously going to overreact according to B.Stewart because it is obvious you fear a team that is better then yours.

firechild

First Grade
Subsequent punches to prone player??????
The way this is going by tomorrow lunch time the manly club will have sunk the Titanic.
Some of the comments in here have been amazing to read.
:crazy: if you squint hard enought i think brett stewart may have had a gun hidden in is sock and tried to shoot blair!:crazy:

Don't worry, next they'll be calling for David Williams, Hopoate and King to be suspended too because of their actions during the fight.

Tommax25

Bench
I think Blair will get 2 weeks for the first incident and 1 for the second. Glen Stewart will get 3 weeks for the second incident, he started it by waiting for Blair and threw the first punch.

Blair ran to catch up, was the first to mouth off, the first to make an aggressive move (although not a punch). He is equally culpable. If Glenn gets 3 Blair gets 3.

Oldboy

Juniors
None of this shite matters.

At the end of the day..... Manly owns the Storm.

They stood up and were counted.

There are many other teams that can learn from this. It's unbelievable that they're going to be minor premiers. Stand up to the bully boys.

AuDragon

Juniors
I was suggesting that you are obviously going to overreact according to B.Stewart because it is obvious you fear a team that is better then yours.
LOL, are you related to dunniesgimp? :lol:

First of all, Brett Stewart wouldn't play regardless of this, because of his knee injury.

Second, I posted earlier in this thread that I would've preferred to play Manly at full strenght and test ourselves, but Lussick and the Stewart brothers can't get away with that sh!t.

Third, I think Foran and Robertson were hard done by, as well as the two benchies from Melbourne.
The other decisions except the Brett Stewart one are on the spot imo.

Fourth and final, I fear no team, respect all of them, and expect nothing less than full commitment to eachother and belief in victory from the Broncos players and staff, no matter who the opposition is.

But yeah, ignore everything I said above, as I'm really scared and shaking in my boots at the perspective of playing Manly... :sarcasm:

Blair ran to catch up, was the first to mouth off, the first to make an aggressive move (although not a punch). He is equally culpable. If Glenn gets 3 Blair gets 3.

That's not how the refs saw it. Saw one of them in some rag pretty much suggesting that it was Stewarts fault for walking off so slowly and purposely waiting for Blair.

Everyone jogs off like Blair when they've been sinbinned! Stewart was purposefully waiting for him

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Slowing down the ruck will make up for any penalty count for or against.

Seems a simple plan to beat Melbourne at there own game for mine.

As for the last sentence, relevance to this post? Or are you a Dragons fan complaining about not getting any "calls?"
The reason I brought that up is because I suspect you are a daft merkin who is results oriented.

The fact that you fail to acknowledge the enormous impact the officials have in the outcome of matches pretty much negates the relevance of your opinion.

As dominate as Manly were if you swap the penalty count Melbourne might sneak away with that game. If you give Melbourne the leniency of the previous week they would have tired to choke the shit out of Manly. But that didn't happen because the penalty count was 8-2. A fact which you wish to ignore.

ceagle

Bench
LOL, are you related to dunniesgimp? :lol:

First of all, Brett Stewart wouldn't play regardless of this, because of his knee injury.

Second, I posted earlier in this thread that I would've preferred to play Manly at full strenght and test ourselves, but Lussick and the Stewart brothers can't get away with that sh!t.

Third, I think Foran and Robertson were hard done by, as well as the two benchies from Melbourne.
The other decisions except the Brett Stewart one are on the spot imo.

Fourth and final, I fear no team, respect all of them, and expect nothing less than full commitment to eachother and belief in victory from the Broncos players and staff, no matter who the opposition is.

But yeah, ignore everything I said above, as I'm really scared and shaking in my boots at the perspective of playing Manly... :sarcasm:
Manly are a far better team then the Broncos

Tommax25

Bench
That's not how the refs saw it. Saw one of them in some rag pretty much suggesting that it was Stewarts fault for walking off so slowly and purposely waiting for Blair.

Everyone jogs off like Blair when they've been sinbinned! Stewart was purposefully waiting for him

Running towards someone>walking off slowly.

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
People need to let the who ran and who waited arguement die!!!
Blair ran towards stewart AND Stewart wated for him!!
They both obviously wanted some more and got what they wanted!
They are both to blame and will be punished accordingly
PLEASE let it go

vookie

Juniors
All manly fans are a pack of shunning bitches. Boo hop gallop didn't say sorry get over it Brett Stewart is a weirdo lurker

Tommax25

Bench
People need to let the who ran and who waited arguement die!!!
Blair ran towards stewart AND Stewart wated for him!!
They both obviously wanted some more and got what they wanted!
They are both to blame and will be punished accordingly
PLEASE let it go

I'd be happy to let it go and say both players wanted it and both players made sure it happened, but I still see people saying stupid shit like Glenn deserves more for the 2nd fight because Glenn started, so I feel obliged to point out they are wrong.

M2D2

Bench
I'd be happy to let it go and say both players wanted it and both players made sure it happened, but I still see people saying stupid shit like Glenn deserves more for the 2nd fight because Glenn started, so I feel obliged to point out they are wrong.
Are you sure? Im 99% sure you want to tell us all what Glenn did with his hands before Blair touched Glenn's jersey.
:lol:

Running towards someone>walking off slowly.

No, you're entitled to jog off the field, that's what all players do when they're sin binned - Except Stewart, it seems. He's alone in that he walks off the field as slow as he physically can, turning around every few seconds waiting for Blair to catch up to him.

Wind your f**king neck in

STEWART THREW THE f**kING PUNCH, HE STARTED THE FIGHT.

You can't go into a court of law and say "We were having a verbal disagreement so I socked him in the face, but I think we're both in the wrong and deserve equal punishment"......... NO! That's not how it f**king works dicknose

Tommax25

Bench
Are you sure? Im 99% sure you want to tell us all what Glenn did with his hands before Blair touched Glenn's jersey.
:lol:

I have agreed that both players are equally culpable numerous times, but I take issue at stupid people suggesting stupid things, like Blair is less at fault and deserves less game time. When they do that I tell them they are wrong, and yes I mention that Glenn puts his hands on Blair in response to Blair crowding him while trash talking. So pretty much all you've said here is pointless nattering with no relevance to what we were talking about. Please l2forum.

Latest posts