What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

M2D2

Bench
I think Blair should get 5 all up.
And Glenn 4. But thats cause i disagree with the fact loading doesnt count. So i guess Glenn should get 3.
Edit:
Glenn Stewart is looking at the real possibility of missing the entire NRL finals campaign after the match review committee found the highest grading for his charge - five - was not sufficient.
A grade five contrary charge equates to a five-week ban, meaning Stewart could be looking at even longer.
http://www.nrl.com/sea-eagles-consider-appeal/tabid/10874/newsid/64488/default.aspx

hahah...oh my.

Last edited:

ceagle

Bench
The worst part was when all the players joined from the field and sideline. The brawl between Gift and Blair was the most tame part out of all of it. 2-3 weeks for both since it was after being sent to the bin, would be enough.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
After howls of "the NRL is going overboard!!!11!!!!", other than the main protaganists the sentencing wound up being pretty light really.
I agree.

Funny how some posters on here claim that a major a reason that Manly won on Friday night was due to the refs clamping down on Melbourne's tactics.

I saw it totally opposite to this, I saw it as Manly succesfully deploying the very same Storm tactics which frustrated Melbourne out of the game. (doing a Melbourne on Melbourne if you will)

Good coaching for mine and quite legal.

In the end, I think Brett got off lightly, Glen and Blair will end up spending a month or so on the sidelines after there referred cases.

Tell you what though, the next Manly Melbourne game will be compulsory viewing.
Manly won the penalty count 8-2 despite Melbourne offering far less resistance in the ruck than the previous week.

Do you seriously believe that if St.George had been the beneficiaries of an 8-2 penalty count it wouldn't have changed the result?

B.T.W. Wasn't it nice of the pink mafia to rob Cronulla and gift you a win this week?

MSIH

Bench
Only issue I have is with Forans suspension.

Robertson's charge is a bit of a joke too. I realise he won't miss any game time, but please, he barely even touched anyone. Robbo's probably never jaywalked before.

SingleSpeed73

Juniors
Des planned to rest plaers anywa so a week for Fozza would be ok
DUI becky ?? i try not to read her hate crimes against rugby league

Perth Red

Post Whore
i'm pretty stunned at Forans suspension personally 2 weeks ?

why? He runs 30 metres, tackles an injured Blair to the ground and puts him in a headlock whilst his team mate lays into him. I'm surprised he will only cop a week.

Maybe the reason the Storm bench went to his aid was because they knew there was no way the refs/judiciary were going to do anything?

Bman26

Juniors
For mine the only issue is Blair copping a striking charge and Lussick not, Blair threw punches in the first scuffle near the posts, gets charged with striking, Lussick throws punches in the second scuffle, doesn't get charged.

coolsteve

Juniors
a clever david gallop marketing ploy. keeping league on the back pages whilst the wallabies won the tri nations. suspend 2 players and a heap of reserves! gotta go now, my spaceship is leaving

eagles4eva

First Grade
For mine the only issue is Blair copping a striking charge and Lussick not, Blair threw punches in the first scuffle near the posts, gets charged with striking, Lussick throws punches in the second scuffle, doesn't get charged.

I was also suprised that Lussick wasnt charged for striking ...

SingleSpeed73

Juniors
In Forans case I just see it differently, i think he was trying to separate the combatants along with Robbo.
But each to his own opinion

Bman26

Juniors
I was also suprised that Lussick wasnt charged for striking ...

Do you think if Blair's lawyer showed footage of Lussick punching Blair and said "This was deemed not striking by you, therefore *shows footage of Blair punching Lussick* this must be the same" would get him off the striking?

Latest posts