What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

simostorm

Bench
Just watched the Melb CEO Ron Gauci Press Conf.. on fox sports news..

They have accepted all suspensions, he said they reluctantly accept the 50k fine..
and that they also accept the Blair striking Charge, but will be putting fourth a case obviously for Blair's other charge.

From my point of view, id like him to be get the chance to play in the GF should Storm make it.. if they can just get a week for that second charge, that would be good.

aussie7798

First Grade
Yeah lets suspend players for looking mean.:roll:

If you could read the whole post including the quote i supplied from a previous post and use a little common sense then you would realise that what i was trying to do was show that brett was not intending to simply break up the fight by pulling blair away by grabbing his shoulder.

At no point did i say the NRL should suspend players for looking angry what they should do is suspend players for running 40m and launching themselves with a swinging arm at the head of a opponent.

aussie7798

First Grade
This is the NRL, suspending a player for having an angry look on his face is not something that would particularly surprise me. Having the decision supported by deluded Dragqueens supporters who see their only chance at a premiership appearing through mass suspensions to opposing teams also does not surprise me.

Oh well, they can cling onto a round 16 win as their biggest achievement of 2011, right up their with their Charity Shield win.

Idiot i did not say suspend him for the look i was simply using the look of hatred to rebbut your arguement that stewart tried to pull blair away by his shoulder

aussie7798

First Grade
Just watched the Melb CEO Ron Gauci Press Conf.. on fox sports news..

They have accepted all suspensions, he said they reluctantly accept the 50k fine..
and that they also accept the Blair striking Charge, but will be putting fourth a case obviously for Blair's other charge.

From my point of view, id like him to be get the chance to play in the GF should Storm make it.. if they can just get a week for that second charge, that would be good.

Would be very suprised if both of them did not get at least 4 weeks on the referred charges

firechild

First Grade
I reckon Blair and Stewart will both get 3 weeks for the contrary conduct charges. That means Stewart will be back for the GF should Manly make it, or back for the Prelim should Manly lose in week 1 and win week 2. Blair will have 2 weeks on top of that so will be gone for the season regardless. He'll serve whatever is left of his suspension with NZ and be back playing for the Tigers in week 1 of 2012.

firechild

First Grade
Idiot i did not say suspend him for the look i was simply using the look of hatred to rebbut your arguement that stewart tried to pull blair away by his shoulder

So you can't have an angry look and still try to drag a bloke to the ground? And angry look is a defining factor in a king hit? You're an idiot.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I don't get this B Stewart wasn't trying to hit him. He clearly straight arms him in the side of the head. Blair goes down holding that side of his face directly afterwards.

betcats

Referee
If you could read the whole post including the quote i supplied from a previous post and use a little common sense then you would realise that what i was trying to do was show that brett was not intending to simply break up the fight by pulling blair away by grabbing his shoulder.

At no point did i say the NRL should suspend players for looking angry what they should do is suspend players for running 40m and launching themselves with a swinging arm at the head of a opponent.

My point is you cannot use a facial expression as evidence of what Stewart intended.

firechild

First Grade
He was attempting to grab him by the shoulders and drag him to the ground. It's not hard to comprehend that since he missed the shoulders there is likely to be contact with the head. Really, it doesn't matter, he got a week and nothing you whingers say is going to change that.

ceagle

Bench
Who's hearing is first on Wednesday, Blair or Stewart's?

Being first and able to submit their point of view first without it conflicting with the other story could be crucial in downgrading the weeks on the suspension

firechild

First Grade
I think it's pretty fair to say they will recieve equal penalties (not including the striking charge against Blair) regardless of who goes first.

aussie7798

First Grade
He was attempting to grab him by the shoulders and drag him to the ground. It's not hard to comprehend that since he missed the shoulders there is likely to be contact with the head. Really, it doesn't matter, he got a week and nothing you whingers say is going to change that.

LOL take the blinkers off if he had been trying to bring him to the ground i dont know maybe he could have TACKLED him i hear they do that in league

firechild

First Grade
Yeah, he could have tackled him. I'm not going to speculate as to why he tried to drag him down by the shoulders but it's what he did. I don't see much point arguing about it because the suspension has been set and arguing won't change anything.

aussie7798

First Grade
I think it's pretty fair to say they will recieve equal penalties (not including the striking charge against Blair) regardless of who goes first.

Probably the same penalty for the fight the only thing they might do is even it out by saying that stewart through the first punch in the second incident that way they can give them the same suspension period in total

Lowdown

Juniors

The more you argue the point, the harder its becoming for anyone to take you seriously.

So, do we count this as a missed tackle for B.Stewart then?

simostorm

Bench
Is it possible that both G Stewart and Blair will just recieve a 1 week suspension for there charge at the judiciary?

I think its possible.. Blairs uppercut has been accounted for.. which was the major charge for him..

Small suspensions of 1 week of have been given for the second feature of the fight..
for players running in.. and these will copy that imo..
G Stewart didnt really do anything to major other than the blew with Blair when they were walking off which was toe to toe..

I think G Stewart will only get 1 week. And hopefully Blair will be given the same..

firechild

First Grade
The more you argue the point, the harder its becoming for anyone to take you seriously.

So, do we count this as a missed tackle for B.Stewart then?

Count it as whatever you like. I'm sure David Middleton will change his records if you rang him and outlined your reasons. :crazy:

Butters

Bench
Is it possible that both G Stewart and Blair will just recieve a 1 week suspension for there charge at the judiciary?

I think its possible.. Blairs uppercut has been accounted for.. which was the major charge for him..

Small suspensions of 1 week of have been given for the second feature of the fight..
for players running in.. and these will copy that imo..
G Stewart didnt really do anything to major other than the blew with Blair when they were walking off which was toe to toe..

I think G Stewart will only get 1 week. And hopefully Blair will be given the same..

He jumped straight back into the fight and threw them like there was no tomorrow when Blair was mobbed by the 4 other Manly players.

How Blair was charged for striking as well as being referred to the judiciary and G Stewart got off with just being referred i have no idea.

Latest posts