What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

Lowdown

Juniors
Probably the same penalty for the fight the only thing they might do is even it out by saying that stewart through the first punch in the second incident that way they can give them the same suspension period in total

Presuming both are found guilty, logic would dictate that the guy who threw the first punch would receive the harshest punishment.

Considering there are 3 ex-footy players (and ignoring the fact 2 of them are ex-Manly premiership players), they should properly consider the realistic decision process that Adam Blair would be going through.

Do I hit him back and stand up for myself, or do I do nothing but cop it in front of 20,000 Manly fans.

If I was Bellew, I know what my argument would be. Justifiable response? Yes. Guilty? Yes. Sentence? Not as harsh as the other guys.

Either way, its almost certain Adam Blair has played his last game for the Storm.

ceagle

Bench
Is it possible that both G Stewart and Blair will just recieve a 1 week suspension for there charge at the judiciary?

I think its possible.. Blairs uppercut has been accounted for.. which was the major charge for him..

Small suspensions of 1 week of have been given for the second feature of the fight..
for players running in.. and these will copy that imo..
G Stewart didnt really do anything to major other than the blew with Blair when they were walking off which was toe to toe..

I think G Stewart will only get 1 week. And hopefully Blair will be given the same..
Imo if the fight didn't break out on to the sideline with most of each team involved, they would only be looking at 1-2 weeks

firechild

First Grade
Butters,

I know you're not the sharpest tool in the shed but read this carefully and you might understand the charges.

Adam Blair got charged with striking Darcy Lussick during the first fight. Glenn was not charged for the first fight because he did not throw a punch.

Both Blair and Stewart were charged with contrary conduct for the second fight.

That means that 2 charges against Blair came from 2 different incidents. No different to a player who is charged for a 12th minute high tackle and a 60th minute dangerous throw except that the incidents occured within 2 minutes of each other.

Last edited:

Butters

Bench
The contrary conduct would be for the two of them being dumb enough to instigate a fight with each other after they'd both been sin binned thus triggering another all in brawl 2mins after the first one.

It's clear as day that G Stewart was throwing and landing punches when Blair was on the ground, why not charge him for striking as well?

Last edited:

ceagle

Bench
The contrary conduct would be for the two of them being dumb enough to instigate a fight with each other after they'd both been sin binned thus triggering another all in brawl 2mins after the first one.

It's clear as day that G Stewart was throwing and landing punches when Blair was on the ground, why not charge him for striking as well?
It's too late to do that now, no point in discussing it

nqcowboy87

Bench
having looked at it again, its all ryan hinchcliffes fault, his sneaky elbow into lussicks jaw started the whole thing:lol:

apparently manly are going to fight the charges, typical

simostorm

Bench
having looked at it again, its all ryan hinchcliffes fault, his sneaky elbow into lussicks jaw started the whole thing:lol:

Love Hinchcliffe.. is always a great player.. but that game he was niggling alot.. and just doing alot of stupid stuff.. its not usually his go lol..

ceagle

Bench

They are only fighting to downgrade Lussick's charge, what f**ken team wouldn't with the finals around the corner?

firechild

First Grade
Manly have already accepted the charges against Brett Stewart, Foran and Robertson. They intend to fight the charge against Lussick (they have little to lose) and they have to fight the charge against Glenn because it has been refered to the judiciary. I think what they've done is what most clubs would do under the circumstances. Of course, since it's Manly, plenty of idiots will claim it's wrong.

BunniesMan

Immortal
f**k I hope Lussick gets an extra week now. Melbourne, as scum as they are, managed to accept everything without whingeing. Manly IMO is very very lucky with how lightly some of their players, especially Brett Stewart, were treated, and they're still not happy.

Last edited:

ceagle

Bench
f**k I hope Lussick gets an extra week now. Melborune, as scum as they are, managed to accept everything without whingeing. Manly IMO is very very lucky with how lightly some of their players, especially Brett Stewart, were treated, and they're still not happy.
When the f**k have we whinged? There is also no point in Melbourne attempting to fight any charges because they are only getting 1 week.

firechild

First Grade
F*ck off Dunniesgimp. Souths would have fought it as well. Melbourne accepted everything because with the exception of Blair (who has no choice but to face the judiciary) the players will only get a week and will miss a game that means nothing. Besides Blair and Stewart, who both have to front the judiciary, Lussick is the only one who can really gain anything by fighting the grading.

Crusher

Coach
Whether you agree or disagree with biff in the game, hands up if your first reaction to the brawl was 'oh yeah!'

BunniesMan

Immortal
Dave Taylor fought his charge a while ago didn't? How farkin dare they do that!
Funny you should mention that. That Dave Taylor could get 5 weeks for a tackle that had nothing in it, while someone who throws punches while 5 on 1 gets less is ridiculous. Lussick getting a lesser sentence than Taylor shows how dumb the NRL judiciary system is.

firechild

First Grade
Lussick had been elbowed and punched in the head. The concussion defense has been used successfully in the past.