What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

simostorm

Bench
Pretty interesting watching it all on Fox Sports over the last couple of hours, they covered it pretty well, they revealed what Blair's defence was, and i thought it was sounding good for him at the start. But not the case.

Stewarts representative could not represent him, thus Manly had to adjourn so they could get a replacement.

http://www.nrl.com/blair-season-over-after-being-hit-with-ban/tabid/10874/newsid/64534/default.aspx

Blair, who was represented by lawyer Geoff Bellew, once again expressed his remorse for the incident, and Parramatta and New Zealand Test coach Stephen Kearney, who was called as a character witness, said fighting was not in the 25-year-old's nature.
"He is a young lad with enormous talent and is the eldest son in his family where he acts as a father figure," Kearney said.
"He is a natural leader and his character is very, very good. He is not a fighter."

And in further news Thaiday doesn't run third man in and Hayne doesn't head butt.

Ulysseus

Bench
Not that I need to give a shit about any of this, but if the ref had done his f**king job properly and only binned Blair then the rest of this shit does not happen.
I know they don't like to create a 13 on 12 situation that often, but f**k me, Blair threw the dog shots to begin with, anything after that is his fault.
Ironically the f**khead that started it all (Hinchcliffe) has had no case to answer for.
What.
The.
f**k.

Ulysseus

Bench
it was accident

so shunting his elbow backwards, which would have in no way helped him rise to play the ball any quicker, in a motion to contact someone is an accident?

That is akin to when a player f**ks the turf michael hancock style to claim they are being held down, it looks more like they are trying to bring back the famed 80's dance move "the worm" then get up, still ref's take it - hook line and sinker.

Evenflow

Bench
so shunting his elbow backwards, which would have in no way helped him rise to play the ball any quicker, in a motion to contact someone is an accident?

That is akin to when a player f**ks the turf michael hancock style to claim they are being held down, it looks more like they are trying to bring back the famed 80's dance move "the worm" then get up, still ref's take it - hook line and sinker.

If you think Hinchcliffe should've got cited for that love tap then best you go and watch netball with the rest of the girls. Geez there's some f**king skirts around here :lol:

ceagle

Bench
Triple M are reporting both referees have been called for g stewarts judiciary hearing tonight.
Why? It was obvious they f**ked up when they said Glenn threw punches in the first brawl when he clearly doesn't in the video footage.

ceagle

Bench
They showed the angle from behind on the news where Gift joined the brawl, not one single punch was thrown, if the refs say so they are bullshitters.

Storm just had their media interview with the Gauci, Bellamy and Blair. They all accepted the punishment handed down to them, they also made the point that the judiciary saw Blair's actions as retaliatory. What that means to Glenn Stewart, I don't know but it would seem that the judiciary might consider see the aggressor. It was also Blair's Storm farewell interview. The Storm stated they're moving forward and whilst Blair is a big loss, he'll still be there around the playing group and that other forwards will have to pick up the slack abit.

Latest posts