What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

bartman

Immortal
Loved the media comment today that Brett Stewart is finally even with the NRL about his four weeks suspension following that season launch, since it has obviously been deducted from what he should be serving as a result of his stupidity last Friday night.

Finally, we'll get no more whinging from Dessie and Manly about all of that! :lol:

slamminsam246

Juniors
Loved the media comment today that Brett Stewart is finally even with the NRL about his four weeks suspension following that season launch, since it has obviously been deducted from what he should be serving as a result of his stupidity last Friday night.

Finally, we'll get no more whinging from Dessie and Manly about all of that! :lol:

You should do a little more research into the charges and the points/judiciary system. ATM you seem as dumb as bat $#!+

Nice Beaver

First Grade
:lol: "Chokers""

I'd much rather have him as a coach instead of that braindead, mullet-haired tin foil merchant you have at manly

hahaha you can have the wanker! Well for another 3 weeks.
You're right....Hasler is brain dead and clearly can't coach :roll:
Gee wonder why mister "utter 2 words to the media" has decided that this is the time to share his thoughts with the world......

Hutty1986

Immortal
hahaha you can have the wanker! Well for another 3 weeks.
You're right....Hasler is brain dead and clearly can't coach :roll:
Gee wonder why mister "utter 2 words to the media" has decided that this is the time to share his thoughts with the world......

What would he get out of it exactly?

firechild

First Grade
Having top players suspended from the 2 competition favourites would be a huge boost for a club that is looking highly unlikely to make their way through the first couple of weeks of the finals. Coaches should keep their mouths shut it comes to the judiciary handling decisions about players from rival teams.

Tommax25

Bench
Presuming both are found guilty, logic would dictate that the guy who threw the first punch would receive the harshest punishment.

Considering there are 3 ex-footy players (and ignoring the fact 2 of them are ex-Manly premiership players), they should properly consider the realistic decision process that Adam Blair would be going through.

Do I hit him back and stand up for myself, or do I do nothing but cop it in front of 20,000 Manly fans.

If I was Bellew, I know what my argument would be. Justifiable response? Yes. Guilty? Yes. Sentence? Not as harsh as the other guys.

Either way, its almost certain Adam Blair has played his last game for the Storm.

If Blair was worried about how to defend himself maybe he shouldn't have ran to catch up to Glenn and talk trash in his face to ensure another fight. This has been done to death ffs. BOTH players wanted to have another go, Glenn walked off slowly, Blair ran to catch up. BOTH are equally at fault.

Tommax25

Bench
Sounded good - up until that last bit. That's the bit where he shows that he's not too smart, was the (physical) agressor, and deserves more time off than Blair for that incident.

(Blair has the other charge from his upper cut, so on balance they'll probably be out the same amount of time, but clearly G Stewart deserves more for his actions than Blair for his. And don't get me started about B Stewart...)

I disagree, but I have with many other people. Yes, Glenn threw first punch but imo that massive shove from Blair is only going to end one way, and thats physical. Happy to let this go though, its been done to death. Both get equal penalties and be done with it, and everyone can move on.

hutch

First Grade
If Blair was worried about how to defend himself maybe he shouldn't have ran to catch up to Glenn and talk trash in his face to ensure another fight. This has been done to death ffs. BOTH players wanted to have another go, Glenn walked off slowly, Blair ran to catch up. BOTH are equally at fault.

Stop talking sense! There is no room for it in this thread apparently!

^_^

Juniors
Watching in slow motion you can see Glenn take a few air swings, look up at where gallop was sitting and flash him a smile......staged for sure :p

ceagle

Bench
#NRL Judiciary verdict: @MelbStormRLC forward Adam Blair GUILTY – will miss 5 matches

So he got 3 for the Contrary charge

If he didnt get done for striking he had a chance of playing again this season

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
We need to have a fight policy like NHL.
We do. It's basically the same as the NHL's. If we have a 1 on 1 fight and no third man in to turn it into a wild all in brawl, they generally let it go. But the f**kwits involved in this caused a brawl seconds after being lectured on third man in.

I'm tipping St George and Souths to beat both of them in week 1. The losers of 3rd/4th/5th/6th to miss out.