What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mannah in, Hayne out

Gronk

Staff member
Stuart is now saying pretty much that he doesn't view Hayne as a fullback and that Dugan plays the style of fullback he wants to coach.

Hayne might want to ask Kearney for the number 6 jersey sooner rather than later if Stuart stays NSW coach...

Wondering .. do the selectors call Hayne or SK and give feedback ? Do they tell him that they want him to work in this direction or that ?

So Hayne does not play a Slater/Dugan role anymore. He's the second (or in our case major) playmaker who chimes in a creates stuff. Sticky thinks that he pays his 6 & 7 to do that and he wants his FB max his kick returns and run into holes created by his 6 & 7 ?

The great Jack Gibson always said that you pick your best 13 and work out what number they have on their backs at training. Clearly Sticky disagrees with this.

Yes I secretly want Sticky's team to get pantsed as well. :D

(Go Timmy).

Gazzamatta

Coach
I applaud the selection of Jamie Soward but I really think a combination with Mullen would have been better. Pearce is just too "hot and cold" for my liking.
From what Ive seen, Glen Stewart is also very unlucky.
Am happy for Tim Mannah but I guess it depends on how much game time he gets.
Lets face it. If Thurston plays as he did last night its game over. What a player.

also ... they pick players like Ennis, Scott, Bird, Gallen, Young to supposedly add some mongrel and fire .... sorry but that doesn't work in SOO - the Qld team are the cream of the crop, they don't get rattled by some smart mouthing twats and they can give as good as they get .... we'd be better off picking teams that will actually win playing footy rather than try and win at picking fights
ennis can do what he likes the qld reply will be 'look at the scoreboard' :(

Brenno75

Juniors
Gallen should be in the team, i don't get all the negativity towards his selection, on the other hand; King, Dugan, Morris, Merrin, Young... FFS!

The Colonel

Immortal
id go for gordon over jennings and no idris either im not sure what sticky is even thinking with some of these selections

Gordon is gone for the season. Idris didn't deserve selection. The centres are about the only decent thing about the team. Anyone applauding the selection of Soward missed the game against the Dogs on Friday night. Yes the Dragons won but to beat Queensland they need points not field goals.

hindy111

Post Whore
Ricky looked at the faults in players instead of there strenghts.
Yes Idris isnt the best deffender but he offers so much in attack.Hayne was our only hope of points.I can see a shut out-Held to nil in 2 of the 3 games

Bazal

Post Whore
id go for gordon over jennings and no idris either im not sure what sticky is even thinking with some of these selections

Gordon did his ACL on Friday, otherwise he'd have been there for sure. Idris isn't great, but he's better than Jennings right now.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gallen should be in the team, i don't get all the negativity towards his selection, on the other hand; King, Dugan, Morris, Merrin, Young... FFS!
Not questioning Gallens selection but this Twat as captain??? Forget about Beaugenius Scott and Dean Young, they will offer less than cash converters.

Eels Dude

Coach
Gordon is gone for the season. Idris didn't deserve selection. The centres are about the only decent thing about the team. Anyone applauding the selection of Soward missed the game against the Dogs on Friday night. Yes the Dragons won but to beat Queensland they need points not field goals.

I think Soward is one player who definately doesn't benefit from the pace of origin. At club level he has an age to get his kicks in, he won't playing against QLD.

bartman

Immortal
Well done to Timmy Mannah :clap:. There's some guys getting a first taste of Origin there, and I hope he makes the most of it.

Thank god there's no Idris! :lol: I'm not an Ennis fan either, but meh...

The Hayne choice has been discussed in other threads - I agree with Ricky in that Hayne's style of fullback play is not that of a "complete" fullback in terms of rep requirements. Hayne's natural ability and talent cannot be questioned, but his temprament, positional play and application can be. Unlucky not to sneak a wing position, but getting yourself stupidly suspended during the key selection weeks will do that for you.

Good luck to Dugan, I hope he plays well.

True EEL

Bench
on NRL.com

Dugan = most over-hyped player in NRL, his selection is a joke
Morris
Jennings = WTF? based on what season's form
Gasnier
Uate
Soward
Pearce = Jarrod Mullen very, very unlucky
King = seriously, is this for real...no like seriously? :?
Ennis
Snowden
Scott
Bird = old mates act from Sticky
Gallen

Creagh
Merrin = who??
Mannah
Young = you cannot be serious right....:?

p.s. QLD will lap them.....

p.p.s. well done Timmy, thoroughly deserved

Last edited:

strider

Post Whore
there's nothing wrong with Gallen - he's probably first picked .... problem is we are stacking our team with niggle guys and i don't think its gonna work

bartman

Immortal
Haha so was there any point of that meeting Stuart had at the start of the year with about 5-6 "pretty much assured players" a massive waste of time?

Good point - pretty sure Hayne was photographed as one of the 5-6...? if so, a massive fall from grace for Jarryd, and only really himself (headbutt suspension) to blame I guess. Oh well, life goes on - let's see if Jarryd has what it takes to inspire his lowly club team to a much needed victory on Monday-week against the improving Sharks?

Pazza

First Grade
Hayne's natural ability and talent cannot be questioned, but his temprament, positional play and application can be.

A very valid point but why does this only apply to Hayne? I remember leading in the dying minutes of game three last year till Ennis lost his temper and gave QLD an oppertunity to win the game in which they took!

For me

Dugan
Soward
Pierce
Ennis
Young

They all lack the spark to get NSW over the line! I cant see us scoring enough point to compete with QLD. We have gone with the noted defenders over the last few seasons only to get within a try or two most games and lose it due to lacking an X factor (baring Hayne).

Suitman

Post Whore
Good point - pretty sure Hayne was photographed as one of the 5-6...? if so, a massive fall from grace for Jarryd, and only really himself (headbutt suspension) to blame I guess. Oh well, life goes on - let's see if Jarryd has what it takes to inspire his lowly club team to a much needed victory on Monday-week against the improving Sharks?

He showed last night he has what it takes. Pity the other 16 turned up their toes in the last 30.
BTW, why is it Hayne's job to inspire his team mates to a win? I thought once on the field, that was the captain's job.
You're agenda is plainly pathetic. Anyway, let's just keep blaming Hayne for everything.

Suity

yy_cheng

Coach
I think it is a big mistake not having hayne in there even at 2.

If Soward gets shutdown, and I reckon qld will just pressure him all night, and Pearce has an offey, they at least will have Hayne as an x-factor.

Latest posts