What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marika Koroibete

macnaz

Staff member
Ive always been a believer in position for position as well MU , but moving Nufo in one to centre isnt a massive or drastic positional change in my view , particularly when the outcome can only be a positive for the overall team performance . The current squad has so many negatives that they can not simply be overlooked and hoped they will just go away. At least with Kori we had an option to try , now if things dont improve with our lame attack we have lost a very exciting alternative by letting him go.

Last edited:

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
This is so f**king bad.

I honestly believed he would stay, when he came into grade he loved the Tigers and was so grateful. I thought he would be reluctant to leave the safety of the club who shipped him from Fiji and helped transition him into Australian society.

He is one of the most promising wingers I've seen in decades of watching NRL. We should've fought tooth and nail to keep him. We are becoming a f**king boys club again... If his name was Sironen or Roach or was an outgoing personable bloke he would be on a 5year contract. I'm so f**king angry.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ive always been a believer in position for position as well MU , but moving Nufo in one to centre isnt a massive or drastic positional change in my view , particularly when the outcome can only be a positive for the overall team performance . The current squad has so many negatives that they can not simply be overlooked and hoped they will just go away. At least with Kori we had an option to try , now if things dont improve with our lame attack we have lost a very exciting alternative by letting him go.

I agree. I also think Lawrence could make the transition to back rower quite well and prove to be quite good there.

It was just an amusing reflection more than anything.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is so f**king bad.

I honestly believed he would stay, when he came into grade he loved the Tigers and was so grateful. I thought he would be reluctant to leave the safety of the club who shipped him from Fiji and helped transition him into Australian society.

He is one of the most promising wingers I've seen in decades of watching NRL. We should've fought tooth and nail to keep him. We are becoming a f**king boys club again... If his name was Sironen or Roach or was an outgoing personable bloke he would be on a 5year contract. I'm so f**king angry.
lol, again with the boys club bullshit.

FootynRacing

Juniors
I just find it funny that so many people hate on Potter for not moving players out of position to accommodate one player.

Yet we all despised Sheens, who did just that nearly every week.

I agree, Koroibete should be in the side, but who deserves to be dropped?

I was against the signing of Pat Richards for this reason from the outset, but I was told he would be a great buy and Koro wasn't NRL quality.

Richards hasn't done anything at all to deserve being dropped, he was even talked up as an origin bolter, such has been his form.

It seems that some people want to bag the coach, even if it means they make complete and utter hypocrites of themselves.
I don't think it's fair to compare the two. Moving Nofo from wing to centre is a minor change and almost certainly beneficial to the team. The musical chairs that Sheens played for years were just ridiculous and more often than not never allowed combinations to form

macnaz

Staff member
May I also add Potter had no issues playing Tedesco a fullback out of position on the wing until Moltzen was injured , so I dont believe this to be the reasoning behind his failure to pick the best squad.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Could that have been because of Tedesco's injury that he carried most of last year though?

Not happy....why don't we just buy a wooden spoon factory and be done with it...so to date we have arseholed BMM, Big T,and Koro and kept Anasta, Lulia,and Moltzen

We have lost SFA. Be realistic. And we are waiting or Sheens' nufty signings to be off the books.
We have cleaned out really well in last few years but not signed from outside not so well.

We have kept everyone we wanted and havent had anyone come back to hurt us for a LONG time.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Exactly SC.

But people want to hate Potter for some reason.

I'd rather have Potter now than Sheens & you'd be mad if you believed the club has regressed or stagnated under Potter.

This club is well on the upward curve.

My only beef with Potter is Lulia and Anasta getting games and Korobiete left out.

Next year is the year to judge Potter, not this year.

Tiger05

First Grade
To me Koro is a big loss and its on Potter because I don't think he really gave Koro a good shot. I'm not hating on Potter but to me this is a mistake. Time will tell if it is a mistake or not I suppose however I would have been playing Koro in first grade.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
To me Koro is a big loss and its on Potter because I don't think he really gave Koro a good shot. I'm not hating on Potter but to me this is a mistake. Time will tell if it is a mistake or not I suppose however I would have been playing Koro in first grade.

It will be a terrible mistake. He's got talent you can't coach. Makes the odd error but the good far outweighs the bad

gUt

Coach
Surely you dont know what you are talking about

no doubt, but Richards is big, slow and tough. You might have started watching RL a couple of minutes ago but plenty of wingers have moved into the middle once their pace leaves them. To me he seems like a natural candidate.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Richards is defensively not good enough to be a centre.

Some players can make the transition, others can't.

Beau Ryan, Matt Utai, Lote Tuqiri, Luke Covell etc were just hopeless as centres.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Richards is defensively not good enough to be a centre.

Some players can make the transition, others can't.

Beau Ryan, Matt Utai, Lote Tuqiri, Luke Covell etc were just hopeless as centres.

Agree. The first few rounds of 2005 when he was in the centres was painful to watch.

Tiger05

First Grade
I remember Richards marking Gasnier in the 2005 semis. He did pretty well then.

To be fair I do see him as a winger only at this point.

Latest posts