What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Gasnier threads

Willow

Assistant Moderator
More money.
Easier work.
More holidays.

+ the Euro

The "challenge" rates somewhere around his desire to stroll through the Louvre - and we know what a culture buff he is. :lol:
lol.

But I thinks its true. The French can pay overs thanks to currency exchange.

Its all about what players can get for their money. On the Gold Coast for example, a player on $200K per year can live a richer and warmer life style than the player in Parramatta (for example). Plus there are greater long term financial rewards with housing being cheaper on the Gold Coast when compared to Sydney.

There's a reason why players are looking at Europe, and Gasnier isn't the only one. Forget union for a moment and look at Ryles signing with Catalans for over $500K per year.

IMO, its another nail in the NRL salary cap, and an indication that rugby league does indeed have an internationally competitive market to deal with.

Engine

Juniors
My sympathies are with St George. They truly got dudded here by a man who didn't stick to his contract.

Calixte

First Grade
Ryles is OK by me. He didn't abandon the game for a code founded on the spoils of Vichy.

Gasnier isn't. He could have made the same decision and gone to Catalans for a fortune (ie. not far short of the $1 million) and still picked up outside advertising via ESL (where there is no restriction as far as I am aware).

His girlfriend is from what part of France? Do we know?

Engine

Juniors
Difference between Ryles and Gasnier.

Like him or not, Ryles spilt blood for the Dragons. He was loyal to the core and busted his ass off every time. Sure, he could give a penalty away, but you could never doubt his commitment to the Red V and will be recognized as one of the great dragon props. He paid his dues.

Gasnier. Injured, failed in crucial matches, very poor defensively and with very poor character. He owes your club a lot more than the club owes him. Has not paid his dues.

Kiki

First Grade
the big question is...what am i gonna do with my Gasnier doll?? shall we set up a poll?

taipan

Referee
Thought he had already started playing union in the few matches he has played slipping off tackles eg against the Raiders.
Its all crap about passion,Ewan McKenzie stated on 2KY that 4 years ago Gasnier had indicated he had a passion for union.So the window clause was always to Gasnier's advantage not the clubs,and was done naturally before any 3rd party deals fell through.
In other words he had lost his passion for rugby league,years ago. The hundreds of thousands Euros on offer was "fire ups" new passion.

The Preacher

First Grade
f**k off NOW!!! Just walk out, go and count your money and let the rest of the boys play footy without some selfish, big chinned cont, in a side he doesn't give two f**ks about, but they do.
And don't think you get out of this blame free Doust, you pathetic moron. You don't even know what's in the contracts YOU get the players to sign. DICKHEAD.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
1 million a season and living in France is pretty hard to refuse. Europe is an awesome place in the world and living in France on big dollars is too hard to refuse regardless of who you are.

He will be back, unless Doust stuffs that up like he did with Barrett.

dragonfan1

Juniors
gasnier's gone, morris is gone, ryles is gone, boyd apparently will not be joining the dragons in 09, sailor will probably retire next season. Oh the pain!!!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
the big question is...what am i gonna do with my Gasnier doll??
1407783850_b4b94ca242.jpg

Drew-Sta

Staff member
f**k him, f**k him off to France and get it over with.

Gasnier is a disgrace to St George, a disgrace to the name his uncle made proud and has clearly, utterly and completely shown he has no interest in our club. I am so sick to death of players chasing the cash especially when their contracts could float some 3rd world countries they're so well paid. They have no interest in playing for Saints and I want him gone from the club.

I'd give my 1st born, left testicle and my right arm (After the game) to be given the privelage of running out in the Red V. Gasnier has spat on that privelage and as far as I'm concerned he can go get f**ked.

Sack him for the rest of the season, install either Morris or Stanley at centre, tell Gas to have an early Christmas and move on. The sooner this side gets rid of its 'Stars' the sooner we will have the ability to concentrate on our footy. f**k him off now so we have the chance at pulling off the impossible task of winning 2008's premiership.

Last edited:

SerbDragon

Coach
Drew Sta spot on brother. F*CK THE merkin!

This should provide an insight into the future of the club and how its run, we fork out millions for these boofheads and it comes back to bite us on the ass everytime.

The new direction my friend, should be a SuperStar Coach! Not players..Let him make them Superstars, Superstars with passion.

Waitn for benny with anticipation.