What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 1 vs Sea Eagles @ Leichhardt Oval

Who will win? Round 1: Wests Tigers v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mepelthwack

Juniors
Nowadays i feel like we should be beating Manly every time, even when they are full strength but particularly when they are not and it is at Leichhardt and it is round 1 where our record has been exceptional in recent years. We are so overdue for a big Leichhardt win to be honest, think it can come here.

macnaz

Staff member
Unfortunately i cant make it to the game next weekend so knowing my luck the first game ive missed in years will end up being a beauty.

macnaz

Staff member
If you can’t beat Manly you know your in for a long season,they are probably thinking the same about us.
True i guess , im sure in 2018 Melbourne and the Rorters would have expected to beat us in the early rounds but they still went on to bigger and better things . But your right though, we have to notch up every win possible and Manly is one we should be winning if we are to be any chance of making the 8.

Shredder

Juniors
LO and CS will NEVER be fortresses for us again for two reasons

1. We have very few true local juniors anymore.
2. We dont train there.

This multiple home grounds things is bullshit. I dont even care which one we pick, but we should TRAIN at the ground we PLAY at. Thats where the advantage comes from.

Vic Mackey

Referee
NRL.com has reported the following:

* Nofa out for a few weeks with shoulder rinjury
* Momirovski at center, Jennings wing
* Benji starts at 6

gordsy

Juniors
Good to see young guys getting blooded and finally someone who has a clue on the wing. We all know that Nofo is short for no f**king idea

BrotherJim05

Bench
1. Mbye
2. Nofa
3. Marsters
4. Jennings
5. Thompson
6. Benji
7. Brooks
8. Packer
9. Farah
10. Matulino
11. Garner
12. Matterson
13. ET

14. Twal
15. Eisenhuth
16. MCK
17. Mikaele

Apart from Brooks, Marsters and Mbye, no player is guaranteed to retain their spot if they don't perform. Wouldn't surprise me if our Round 4 team looks fairly different

west4ever

Juniors
Round 1 team
1.Mbye
2.Tompson
3.Masters
4.MoMo
5.Jennings
6.Marshal
7.Brooks
8.Packer
9.Farah
10.Matulino
11.Garner
12.Matterson
13.ET

14.Liddel
15.MCK
16.Twal
17.Mekaele

Hopefully the team don’t change to much other than form and injuries Reynolds should be 6 or not in the team Fonua should be 4 or not in the team Nofo needs to improve a lot or not in the team if ET struggles Matterson at 13 for Lawrence to return in the second row we need to keep a good front row rotation my point is there are a lot of options but let’s not change to much and get great combinations with great back up players to stand in and step up I do have a great filling this year any doubters can p off lol

Josh Reynolds is facing the prospect of starting the year in reserve grade as Michael Maguire prepares to make his first big call at Wests Tigers.

Benji Marshall has beaten Reynolds to the Tigers’ No.6 jersey for the season-opening game against Manly at Leichhardt Oval Saturday. It was widely expected that Reynolds would be injected into the game off the interchange in a supersub role.

However, the Herald can reveal Reynolds is likely to be overlooked altogether and could instead feature in the Magpies team in the Canterbury Cup encounter against Blacktown Workers before the main game.

If that were to happen, it would be an incredible demotion for a man trumpeted as the club’s marquee signing when he joined the Tigers on a four-year deal worth more than $3 million. It would make the former Canterbury five-eighth, who was part of the victorious 2014 NSW State of Origin team, one of the highest-paid players ever to feature in a reserve-grade game.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/jo...emotion-to-reserve-grade-20190311-p513f1.html

The Rosco

Bench
Round 1 team
1.Mbye
2.Tompson
3.Masters
4.MoMo
5.Jennings
6.Marshal
7.Brooks
8.Packer
9.Farah
10.Matulino
11.Garner
12.Matterson
13.ET

14.Liddel
15.MCK
16.Twal
17.Mekaele

Hopefully the team don’t change to much other than form and injuries Reynolds should be 6 or not in the team Fonua should be 4 or not in the team Nofo needs to improve a lot or not in the team if ET struggles Matterson at 13 for Lawrence to return in the second row we need to keep a good front row rotation my point is there are a lot of options but let’s not change to much and get great combinations with great back up players to stand in and step up I do have a great filling this year any doubters can p off lol

I like that team, and I know you wrote it up at 1am.
My eyes hurt after reading your notes.
Here, I got you something. . , , . . , . . . , , . , .

Tiger Ted

Bench
I'd pick Reynolds over Benji but I don't think we should have either of them on the bench.

I'm okay with that team if it is the one that is picked. Mikaele and Liddle should be in the team.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/jo...emotion-to-reserve-grade-20190311-p513f1.html

Is Mbye out as well ?
We’ve got 2 sub-standard options for 5/8.Major diff is Benji is costing us 1/3 what the dunce Cleary believed Reynolds was worth.Also Benji can deliver a winning game changing play every blue moon whereas Reynolds isn’t a 5/8’s arsehole.

Ive no doubt if not later this season but definitely in ‘20 Madge will have found an alternative 5/8.Hopefully Gamble or one of the quality kids we have comes on this season.

Tiger05

First Grade
We’ve got 2 sub-standard options for 5/8.Major diff is Benji is costing us 1/3 what the dunce Cleary believed Reynolds was worth.Also Benji can deliver a winning game changing play every blue moon whereas Reynolds isn’t a 5/8’s arsehole.

Ive no doubt if not later this season but definitely in ‘20 Madge will have found an alternative 5/8.Hopefully Gamble or one of the quality kids we have comes on this season.

Reynolds was a dud signing especially because we could have got him for a pittance. He wasn't wanted at the Dogs. I'm not sure who is better - Benji or Reynolds. Benji can come up with quality plays at times.