What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 1 vs Sea Eagles @ Leichhardt Oval

Who will win? Round 1: Wests Tigers v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mepelthwack

Juniors
Provided our forwards go well I can see us putting 30 or more on Manly. After all we are overdue for some good showings at Leichhardt and we usually perform well in round 1.

Can see us winning well at this stage, temporarily hiding some of the issues this side will have during the year.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Tigers team to me looks very weak on paper.. I would be happy with any kind of a win this week..

After being optimistic a month or so back, I think we may be in for a long season...

It might take McGuire two years I reckon to turn this around and get players he wants.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Tigers team to me looks very weak on paper.. I would be happy with any kind of a win this week..

After being optimistic a month or so back, I think we may be in for a long season...

It might take McGuire two years I reckon to turn this around and get players he wants.
We will b a top 8 side in ‘20.Admittedly I don’t think we can make the 8 this season due to some major liabilities in the squad(especially the 3/4’s) but Madge is a brilliant coach who will transform this club to a premiership threat quicker than other elite coaches could.

Albeit if the injury gods r kind to us & a few of the talented kids come on quickly don’t b surprised if we make the 8 this season.

Fordy20

Juniors
Pretty happy with the lineup given our injuries.

I like seeing three props on the bench, especially since Taylor isn't a huge body in the 13 and two big strong bodies on the wings. There shouldn't be any issue with our abilty to make metres. I like Momo being played in his desired position in the centres, rather than on the wing as some punters were hoping for. I also like that Thompson is seen as the default backup fullback and wouldn't be upset if he made the jersey his own considering I haven't been super impressed with Mbye. He's been average, but certainly not a superstar given the length and size of his contract. It doesn't surprise me that Benji is starting at 6. It gives Reynolds the time he needs to build up his match fitness in the lower grades and he can start working on combining with Liddle.

Still, I expect us to finish 9th-10th again this year. I just don't think we have the polish to make the eight or being a genuine threat if we somehow end up in the finals.

simmo05

Bench
After my earlier disappointment of seeing benchie and robbie kicking off the season, i have come around. Our backline looks strong without nofo. At least fonua offers something to make up for shit defence. I think the pack is real good. Everyone considers taylor to be the weak link, but when he makes 50 tackles a game, ill have him. I would start packer, however he will add starch during our traditional shit time before and after halftime. Quietly confident this year, assuming reynolds and liddle get on the park in the near term!!

Tigerm

First Grade
After my earlier disappointment of seeing benchie and robbie kicking off the season, i have come around. Our backline looks strong without nofo. At least fonua offers something to make up for shit defence. I think the pack is real good. Everyone considers taylor to be the weak link, but when he makes 50 tackles a game, ill have him. I would start packer, however he will add starch during our traditional shit time before and after halftime. Quietly confident this year, assuming reynolds and liddle get on the park in the near term!!
It's only round 1, I just hope whoever is in the 17 each game, deserve to be there, then we will do OK.

gordsy

Juniors
From memory we were one game out of the 8 last year. If we want to be a top 8 team all need is to be less shit across multiple months ie don't go on an 8 game losing streak and we should be sweet.

Tigerm

First Grade
Looking at the game last night, if the ref's continue with a less involvement policy to allow the game to flow, I can understand why we have gone for the 4 forwards. I don't see a place for the luxury of a spare back or hooker for that matter.

gordsy

Juniors
From memory we also lost 7 or 8 in a 10 week period. If we can stop doing shit like that and close out the tight games, like Newcastle and Parra we will be much better for it. Even if we miss the 8 which is unlikely at least we will get used to playing consistent tough footy every week and not be circled as the an easy mid - end season 2 points.

rex2ce

Juniors
Looking at the game last night, if the ref's continue with a less involvement policy to allow the game to flow, I can understand why we have gone for the 4 forwards. I don't see a place for the luxury of a spare back or hooker for that matter.
Liked the way the refs reffed last night , hardly noticed them

Vozzy

Juniors
From the interview on wests tigers site Madge says he wants Reynolds to get his body right/match fit by playing a few games in ISP first. So obviously coming back from a year he only played 5 games in he might have lost some muscle and fitness.

Tiger05

First Grade
That was patchy but we had some pretty good players out there.

Aloiai was sensational. Our best forward.
Mikaele was really good. Him and Aloiai gave us the grunt to win that game.
Corey Thompson was really good as well.
Fonua was great.
Brooks/Benji/Robbie were all over the place but they came up with heaps of good plays.

Matterson, ET, Packer, Matulino and Garner were all decent. Masters was good.

stryker

First Grade
The Benji and Robbie show is back!!
Both turned the clock back and took advantage of the good go forward from the pigs. Makes a big difference when you have meter eating forwards replacing meter eating forwards. The fight in the middle was good quality and our boys got on top.
All in all, Madge picked a good 17 and they were led beautifully by their experienced "old boys" to a solid win. Plenty of improvement necessay but there is a fair bit to work with.

Tiger05

First Grade
We have a lot of options to create in Brooks, Benji and Robbie being out there. As you state we just need go forward. Fonua, Mikaele & Aloiai gave us a lot of grunt.

Shredder

Juniors
Good first hit out considering the weather.

Forwards played as a pack, which is rare for us. We looked a little skinny for points, but then looked a lot better in the second half when it tried up a bit.

I hope the Farah haters will shut the f**k up for at least a week after that. By far best on ground.