What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 10 vs Wests Tigers @ Scully Park, Tamworth / Kamilaroi

Who will win? Round 10: Wests Tigers v Newcastle

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apey

Staff member
Anyone heading to the game? Was thinking about it but it’s a bit of a trek.
Had the same fleeting thought - oh its up this way, maybe I'll go. Except its an hour further away than Sydney is, heh.

Knight Tales

Bench
A third win in a row without KP is going to grow the belief. I would regard this one as must win. Cos we are starting to resemble that ‘fly under the radar’ club everyone wants to be for 2/3 of the season. And then start to see if you are up for it at the business end. Interested to see how Jacko performs. He can hold a grudge.

Has anyone got the size comparison of Brailey and our hooker sized prop Jones?
Out of interest who is the largest sized regular starting hooker in our game and how does Jones compare?
unbiased opinions/facts please
Brailey is 179cms @88kgs

Jones is 180cms @103kgs

Brandon Smith is 180cms @95kgs

Jones isn't exactly "hooker sized"

Burwood

Bench
And don’t forget we also have an actual hooker, Riley Jones, who is 190cm and 92kgs and also not quite hooker size.

macavity

Referee
Brailey is 179cms @88kgs

Jones is 180cms @103kgs

Brandon Smith is 180cms @95kgs

Jones isn't exactly "hooker sized"

I am 186-ish and 104kg. I have had a good old chat with Brodie. He is not prop sized. Maybe 30 years ago, but not now. I wouldn’t believe he is over 100. Mid 90s maybe.

I am 186-ish and 104kg. I have had a good old chat with Brodie. He is not prop sized. Maybe 30 years ago, but not now. I wouldn’t believe he is over 100. Mid 90s maybe.
a. Props are trending towards smaller and more mobile in the modern game

b. I don't know you but I'd hazard a guess you are carrying more fat and less muscle than Brodie

Yosh

Coach
The Ruben Cotter mold is pretty useful in today's game. Leo is sort of that mold. Elliot is also running the ball much more and it's great too see also.

macavity

Referee
a. Props are trending towards smaller and more mobile in the modern game

b. I don't know you but I'd hazard a guess you are carrying more fat and less muscle than Brodie

yes and yes. Even given that trend he is undersized. If he had Cotters leg speed it would be a different situation.

Yosh

Coach
Wonder why? KPP needing bit of a rest after play heaps and heaps of minutes so early into his NRL career?

perverse

Referee
Bit of a bludger of an arm wrestle for the first 10 minutes. Dan has had a few good runs. Not much else to say.

Latest posts