What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 10 vs Wests Tigers @ Scully Park, Tamworth / Kamilaroi

Who will win? Round 10: Wests Tigers v Newcastle

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joel-22

Juniors
I honestly believe Crossland doesn’t get enough credit. He could play his whole career for us off the bench and I’d be happy to see him come onto the field every week.
He is pure heart. That’s usually enough for me to have a soft spot for a player. But Phoenix actually has been improving in his skillset every year since his debut.
I’ve played a lot of union and rugby league, and man he tackles hard. It’s just pure commitment. I’m wondering if other people see it too. It’s not pretty, but he just commits with body on body more often than anyone in our side. I remember when Radley took Kalyn out in the air and landed in a crusher tackle on him. And I was immediately aroused seeing Phoenix come onto the field the next set and in his first tackle fly out of the line and rock Radley.

Rod

Bench
Another grinding win but credit to them once again for 3 in a row. Think we're in for a few low-scoring bludgers yet, especially with Dane's rough goalkicking, but we're still in the fight at 5-5.

I'll echo other's views about the Papali'i non-bin, just baffling.

Yosh

Coach
Crossland is a great player to have somewhere in the 17 each week. If he keeps improving he is going to be a great 14 for the Kiwis.

Old dog

Bench
Thought over all we played hard and strong resulting in a win, some great moments from some of our not so credited players, great try, back up by Armstrong, great save by Tuala to get us back into play at goal line, Marzhew big bust 5-6 out of our goal line, Jones chase while organising who takes who and making the tackle in big chase back, try saver.

Old dog

Bench
Another thought, sort out our strongest position, second row, Lucas and KPP are our future, time to move Friz back to 13/bench

Yosh

Coach
Lucas looks better on the left. He has a good step off his left to beat the first man. Isn't KPP a right sided player? Both look quality. Hope we have them signed up for years to come.

Frizz maybe starts on the right and rotates into the middle for some minutes?

Woody90

Juniors
Really feel sorry for Gamble. He and Hastings were just starting to find a little bit of a groove together again.

I'd be surprised if Lucas doesnt need a spell at some stage, he's only a kid and the week on week pounding his body is taking is something he might not be used to just yet. Big future though.

Nuke

Staff member
I'm hoping Gags does a HEAP of goalkicking practise at training. It's not that he's missing more than he's getting, but he just doesn't even look comfortable doing it. It doesn't seem natural for him. He either needs to get comfortable or we need to train up someone else. There's seemingly going to be a number of games this year that comes down to goalkicking, and I'd sure love to be on the winning side of those scorelines this year.

Burwood

Bench
Interesting if Armstrong ruled out with HIA. Pryce from NSW Cup gets a run, or Sharpe from Flegg. Might be the perfect time to give Pryce a run where he doesn’t need to defend in the frontline.

Latest posts