What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 11 vs Broncos @ Suncorp Stadium

Who will win? Round 11: Broncos v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Littlejohn can kick

Lawrence has also kicked very very briefly long ago
2 from 5 v Cowboys in 2008 (Tigers won)
1 from 2 v Cronulla in 2010 (Tigers won)

Tigerm

First Grade
I thought Woods was out for a couple of months, amazing recovery or just wants to be picked for SOO?

hindy111

Post Whore
Wests%20Tigers%20Membership%20Signature.png

Clifferd

Coach
Rankin made the trip up to brissy. Looking at photos and instagram he's practicing goal kicking so imo he'll slot in at 6.

macnaz

Staff member
Hmmm Rankin ... least he will try but he still has heaps of mistakes in him .
An upgrade on Moses though

Clifferd

Coach
Luke Brooks is in doubt...oh dear

He trained seperately today. Will be given until last minute

Tigers1986

Juniors
Rankin is a very nifty 5/8th and was horribly out of position on the wing last year. Is pretty dynamic to counter the calm Brooks.

Goal kicking is a good question - Tedesco kicked in the trials and was pretty good with them. However, we need a long term option for next season. I don't know who else could be on the market.

Clifferd

Coach
Agreed.

Rankin is an ok runner so as long as he doesn't overplay his hand and just chimes in when needed well that's all you can ask. Tedesco/Taylor will probably share the five eight roll more in attack

Strange having Lovett start ahead of MCK

Clifferd

Coach
Found this post on Facebook...some positive news regarding Elijah Taylor also -

The team had a function on tonight in Brisbane at the Sofitel. Proud to say they're all really good guys and happy to say hi to everyone.

Bit of info for everyone:

- Jordan Rankin is in tomorrow night! He'll be kicking and will slot into 5/8.
- Ava wasn't chosen this week due to displinary reasons after the Robbie incident last game. Ivan said he didn't think it was setting the right club culture to see that as acceptable behaviour on field.
- Elijah Taylor isn't going anywhere!
1f60a.svg
Said his Mum rang him from New Zealand crying after reading an article that he was leaving. That was the first he'd heard of it and there is zero truth to it. He said he hopes the club wants him next year as the contract is in clubs favour rather than his. He reckons he's got 4-5 years of footy left in him then would like to go into real-estate.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rankin knows how to function in a defensive line. He's not a great tackler but he knows how to slide and sticks to his tackles better than Moses.

Tiger05

First Grade
If that news is true it all sounds good to me. I thought something like that might have happened with Ava. It showed extremely poor discipline.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I'd give rankin a go over Littlejohn.

For starters he is a goal kicker and by all reports has been going really well in nsw cup. JLJ has played what 7/8 games at half in first grade now, has been ok but never really done anything. He looks slow, has an ok kicking game but has never once looked dangerous on any play.

Rankin is at least quick and does have decent footwork so could spark something. I've always felt a bit sorry for him, he has always had a go but was played terribly out of position on the wing which head never played and was never suited for. He obviously won't be a match winning half but I think he deserves a chance to show us what he can do in his natural position.

Clifferd

Coach
It also helps he's been killing it in reserves. Iirc he's made team of the week atleast 3 times as a half

A player that's too good for state cup but usually struggles in nrl. See how he goes tomorrow

Certainly can't go any worse than moses

macnaz

Staff member
All i can say about Rankin after watching him last week is that even in the halves he is still very mistake ridden , be lost the ball on 3 occasions in the last 10 minutes in crucial positions when the game was on the line . He did however score a good try and also created one , plus his goal kicking was excellent .
Anyway hope he goes will .