What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 11 vs Gold Coast @ Suncorp Stadium, Milton / Yuggera-Turrbal

Who will win? Round 11: Gold Coast v Newcastle

• Gold Coast Titans 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gold Coast Titans 1-12

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alex28

Coach
But how good we're both Leo and Jacob today? Jones and Heighington didn't do that badly today either. We just didn't have any ball during the middle of the game.
We are in a great spot with the forwards, however the loss in momentum when they went off was alarming. We didn’t have any ball partly because they weren’t there and the guys who came on weren’t good enough,

It wasn’t the single problem - don’t get me wrong, but it certainly contributed.

slotmachine

First Grade
Jones and Friz rotated in when the starting props went off and they were both pretty good but we gifted the Titans way too much field position in that period to blame them for anything

Woody90

Juniors
I thought Armstrong was fantastic today. He’s struggled with his handling but only 1 today and that was when he and Tuala were trying to kill one another so can let it slide.

He needs to work on his positioning in the back for those grubbers.

Halves were terrible.

Marzhew struggling with errors.

I really liked Lucas and KPP starting with Friz coming on in the middle. Wonder if we’ll stick with it or just today while he’s a bit underdone.

Rod

Bench
We deservedly gave it to them in the first half but that was a spirited fight back. It's like they remembered they should be winning.

Maybe I'm biased but I didn't feel like the Kelly knock on was that controversial? I feel like the neutrals and commentators wanted a grandstand finish and that's the main reason for them blowing up. Kudos to Cronk afterwards for simply saying he lost it.

Now I guess we wait to see how bad Best is. Week off might help him and a few others.

Burwood

Bench
Thought the team handled Fifita very well. His run metres were high, but averaged out to be less than 10m per run. Elliott had more tackle busts as well. As a unit, team were up in his face and limited his impact.

slotmachine

First Grade
Maybe I'm biased but I didn't feel like the Kelly knock on was that controversial? I feel like the neutrals and commentators wanted a grandstand finish and that's the main reason for them blowing up.

Nah, there was nothing conclusive about the footage. He very may well have lost it but going up as a try the bunker can't be overturning it.

The fact so many people are blowing up speaks to the lack of conclusiveness.

You win comps with a Crossland on your bench. You win comps with centers like Gagai and Best, you win comps with Ponga types, props like Thompson, back rowers like Frizell, KPP, Lucas. Speed and energy like Armstrong has.

You win spoons with Cogger types, low effort props like the Safs, errors like Elliot and Marzhew make, brain explosions like Hastings has.

See, the balance of the squad is so lopsided. It needs to be fixed or we're not winning s**t.

macavity

Referee
You win comps with a Crossland on your bench. You win comps with centers like Gagai and Best, you win comps with Ponga types, props like Thompson, back rowers like Frizell, KPP, Lucas. Speed and energy like Armstrong has.

You win spoons with Cogger types, low effort props like the Safs, errors like Elliot and Marzhew make, brain explosions like Hastings has.

See, the balance of the squad is so lopsided. It needs to be fixed or we're not winning s**t.

We are a doughnut team.

Rod

Bench
Nah, there was nothing conclusive about the footage. He very may well have lost it but going up as a try the bunker can't be overturning it.

The fact so many people are blowing up speaks to the lack of conclusiveness.
Looked like a pretty standard lost ball to me. Clearly Sutton didn't really have any idea (not surprising based on the rest of the game).

If it happened in the first half no one would have batted an eye.

slotmachine

First Grade
Looked like a pretty standard lost ball to me. Clearly Sutton didn't really have any idea (not surprising based on the rest of the game).

If it happened in the first half no one would have batted an eye.

Absolutely guarantee if the Knights were on the other end of that you wouldn't be happy.

Rod

Bench
The other thing is referee's call isn't as important as it used to be. If the bunker sees something they will pull it up to check it regardless of what the referee said on ground.

slotmachine

First Grade
Disagree, unless Kelly's fingers are 10cm long he's lost it here. This is before it even gets to the line, too.

Yeah one still frame ain't going to do it for me.

But I'll leave it there, Knights forum obviously going to say he dropped it. Every neutral fan is completely blowing up that the bunker is sticking their noses in.

The other thing is referee's call isn't as important as it used to be.

Still need conclusive evidence to overturn.

I was screaming “Bobble! Bobble!” at the tv when they showed the replay straight after he scored. Didn’t think they were going to overturn the decision though.
Same. I am biased but there was a clear bobble. Whether or not it was a knock on, I'll have to watch again.

F**k 'em.