What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 13 vs Canterbury @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 13: Newcastle v Canterbury

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rod

Bench
I wouldn't agree he threw us off our game, we did that all on our own.

He didn't properly step up the prickish behaviour until the game was well out of reach.

Apey

Staff member
Mate you didn't deserve this in the rain. Go get warm.
Not only did we get smashed in the end, we committed the cardinal sin of not even being mildy entertaining in doing so. I sat through all 80 minutes of us getting smashed 62 - 0 against the Sharks in 2016 but as soon as the Doggies went up 18 - 2, I was done tonight. Such a boring loser team.

Alex28

Coach
I don’t think we had a game to be thrown off tbh.
If Marzhew and Hastings score in the first half we are probably leading into half time. We weren’t that far off.

He frustrated and agitated us out of the game in the second half.

Woody90

Juniors
If Marzhew and Hastings score in the first half we are probably leading into half time. We weren’t that far off.

He frustrated and agitated us out of the game in the second half.

Mate we were deplorable. We couldn’t score one try against a team that had 2 sin bins and 3 of their best players out and the other got injured during the game. Inexcusable. I honestly wonder what we do at training.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Yes we had a few tries that we blew at the final moment, and they had a few tries that they got a bounce of the ball, but we offered nothing in attack.
We need to get that sorted out now.
Strong defence and effort get you so far, but when you repeatedly go down to attack and come out with nothing the more pressure you put on yourself.

Alex28

Coach
Mate we were deplorable. We couldn’t score one try against a team that had 2 sin bins and 3 of their best players out and the other got injured during the game. Inexcusable. I honestly wonder what we do at training.
I know it’s what this forum does - ignores facts, overreacts.

If we scored those two tries we were at least 12-10 up. Could have been a completely different game.

We weren’t that far off in the first half, but that was against a pretty average Dogs side. I’m hardly saying we were on fire…

Woody90

Juniors
It’s time to give Will Pryce a go in the halves?

He can’t go any worse than Cogger.

Im in 2 minds about it: apparently he’s been deplorable in NSW Cup in both attack and defence.

On the other hand though we just got beaten 32-2 so how much worse could we get by giving him a go?

Alex28

Coach
Im in 2 minds about it: apparently he’s been deplorable in NSW Cup in both attack and defence.

On the other hand though we just got beaten 32-2 so how much worse could we get by giving him a go?
I spoke to a guy I know who plays Super League in the off season - he thought Pryce was the better of the two and would take to the NRL pretty easily, and wasn’t so sure about KPP.

I’m not quite sure how it’s turned out the absolute reverse of that.

That's the thing. I just don't see how the coach can pick Cogger and Hastings after whatever that was. Pryce might get a go by default. How can he be worse is a fair call.

Rod

Bench
Yes i'd challenge anyone to piece together our game plan from that display of incompetence.
Whereas the Dogs had a clear gameplan in the wet. Our forwards were actually pretty good but they numbered up in the tackles and pushed the envelope almost every tackle with the ruck speed and hands on the ball. That and rushing up on any attempted spread we had.

I wasn't sure about Ciraldo at first but they're clearly well coached. There isn't a heap of players in that team you'd take over ours on paper.

Old dog

Bench
Cogger was very quiet, like he is waiting for someone to let him play.
Cogger to 7, Crosslands to 6 and let Cogger play and if that fails bring back Hastings but at least do something because that was disgustingly terrible.
Our best players were ordinary and the rest were woeful

Loose Cannon

Bench
Hey Guys,
I haven’t participated tonight at all, but I have a few observations which I will phrase as questions to encourage interaction.

1. Is JSaf dumber than JHeth?

2. Has Armstrong’s potential offers decreased significantly since Tuesday?

3. Can anyone provide evidence that Jack Cogger actually exists?

Nuke

Staff member
I could only manage to catch glimpses of tonight's game. At the 72nd minute and a try to take it to, I think, 28-2 down, I completely switched it off and didn't bother even checking the final scores until now: some 4hrs later.

After reading all the comments here, I am so glad I didn't watch the game. And I don't intend to either.

Latest posts