What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 13 vs Canterbury @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 13: Newcastle v Canterbury

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Woody90

Juniors
It’s interesting rewatching the highlights from our wins this season. Bradman does a lot for us. Hes clearly in the best shape he’s ever been in. The try against the tigers obviously showed his strength. But if you watch the dolphins game, he has a few moments (as well as getting burnt for a try) where he shows his speed and his strength. Highly recommend a rewatch on YouTube with eyes on Best

Yeah I really rate Best and don’t really understand a lot of the views that he’s over rated. To me he’s a complete centre. He’s powerful, fast, works hard, is always there and can pop the ball away to his winger. He obviously has had some defensive issues but I think he and Marzhew have really worked hard that edge isn’t letting in nearly as many tries as it used to. He got burnt once in the Dolphins game, but I noticed he never missed him again.

I hope Maps absolutely kills it, but it will be hard for him to offer what Best does. If he can just have a solid game defensively I’ll see that as a huge win.

Last edited:

SamSepi0l

Juniors
This year Best has picked up a lot of the slack left by Dom in yardage sets. His carries have been huge for the team.

slotmachine

First Grade
He obviously has had some defensive issues

Not anymore he doesn't, I rate him as one of the best defensive centres in the comp now.

Considering he is covering for the slowest player in the NRL on the inside, and a bloke who only makes a tackle by accident on his outside, he is very very rarely beaten.

Last edited:

Rod

Bench
As someone who doesn't live in Australia, would it be fair to say this has been the worst start to a season weather-wise in some time?