What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 15 vs Penrith @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 15: Newcastle v Penrith

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Penrith Panthers 1-12

• Penrith Panthers 13+

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

K-Man

Bench
Well at half time my Panthers 1-12 bet wasn't looking too good. Somehow it's actually paid off.

As shocking as Brailey was a few times, that's on Cogger and Hastings again. Totally pedestrian in motion. No power behind long kicks. Easily allows Penrith to make 90m every set.

Rest of the team absolutely breaking their backs trying to win. Not for the first time this year. The club should be in complete panic mode trying to find 2 remotely serviceable/competent halves.

Apey

Staff member
We've done alright the last 2 weeks. Just don't quite have the brains nor the talent to take advantage of the effort.

I'd be tempted to play Lucas at 5/8 next game if KPP is fit. No option is going to fix our poor kicking so may as well go full running and defending 5/8

perverse

Referee
My personal most despised "worst Knight ever".

That includes AK47, Tolar, Rudder, Darius Boyd, Ramien, Kirk Reynoldson and all of those park footballers we used to sign on big money.
I think there's a recency bias there, but he's on the list.
If only the team could get rid of the six or seven complete brain fades / lack of efforts per game we'd be going OK
I honestly believe if Tyson plays instead of Cogger we go close to winning today, and you might not even need Tyson... just less Cogger. There were problems for sure, but the team was up for that game and they had a real crack at it. Jack forfeited any chance we had to be within realistic striking range, over and over again.

Frustratingly, we have some absolute weapons in the side currently. Best, Thompson, Gagai, Frizell, Lucas can all make things happen and would make any side.

Useless halves and a washed up/broken 9 means they're all scarcely utilised and have to fight tooth and nail to make an impact. Beyond frustrating to watch Cogger with the ball in almost stop-motion like movement. He is a complete anchor and surely cannot play NRL ever again.

Latest posts