What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 15 vs Penrith @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 15: Newcastle v Penrith

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Penrith Panthers 1-12

• Penrith Panthers 13+

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apey

Staff member
Even though we didn't get a lot of real chances in their half, I also feel like we didn't do our homework. Tago is the worst defender in their team and he was up against Best. Best needed more ball, not just coming out from our own half.

Rod

Bench
Is Enari not allowed to go for the ball? I don't understand the rule change.
This one really shitted me. The disruptor is a joke anyway but this one didn't even qualify as a disruptor. Tuala just got the better position on To'o and was perfectly entitled to go for the ball. Just nonsense.

Anyway, much better second half but gave them too much of a head start with that reserve grade stuff in the first half.

Lynoman

Bench
Feral ass, sore winner in bred panthers fans. Swear at the home side, then get all offended when people swear back at the 450kg bush pig. Then her mother slaps someone in the face and runs when the police are called. Classy!

Right thread this time

Lynoman

Bench
I accidently posted that in the Bulldogs game thread. And that was my experience with the winning fans today at the game.

Apey

Staff member
Literally slow motion when Cogger and Hastings get the ball. So predictable. Comically snail like.
Everything Hastings created today was from the boot or a very quick pass. Neither of our halves threaten the line whatsoever. Cogger runs at it but doesn't get anywhere. Mind-boggling how we have got to this point.

Yosh

Coach
Every game we lose, we have shown incredible character in defense bar mid game 10 minute stretch. Our attack is woefully all 80 minutes though. Our kicking game is the worst I've seen ever in the NRL.

Disappointed today but don't think we're all that far off being a good constant 3rd to 6th side. Add a half with a good kicking game, one middle forward who is experienced and a leader plus a new attacking coach and I think we should be good.

Apey

Staff member
Man, watching that Leota try, I think we were just rooted. Friz, Leo & Brailey all to blame.

mozza91

Coach
My personal most despised "worst Knight ever".

That includes AK47, Tolar, Rudder, Darius Boyd, Ramien, Kirk Reynoldson and all of those park footballers we used to sign on big money.
Unpopular opinion: Darius Boyd was quite good for us. Shit bloke though.

Tolar was a solid First Grader until he did his ACL in 09.

Cogger is f**king putrid though. There’s no upside to any aspect of his game. Shit defender and even worse in attack.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
TBH I really can’t fault the effort tonight, we did really well to be still in it with 10 mins to go. It’s our pedestrian halves pairing that’s letting us down each week. Hastings did have some nice touches today tbf but neither he or Cogger can run the ball with any great effect. Every team that plays against us knows that the halves aren’t going to threaten them so they just cut down the space for the outside men instead. Ironically the only time Hastings ever scored tries is when he slips through because no-one actually thinks he’s going to run it lol.

Apey

Staff member
Unpopular opinion: Darius Boyd was quite good for us. Shit bloke though.

Tolar was a solid First Grader until he did his ACL in 09.

Cogger is f**king putrid though. There’s no upside to any aspect of his game. Shit defender and even worse in attack.
Boyd's 2013 was very good. 2014 he was f**king shit, and that's what people remember him for.

macavity

Referee
TBH I really can’t fault the effort tonight, we did really well to be still in it with 10 mins to go. It’s our pedestrian halves pairing that’s letting us down each week. Hastings did have some nice touches today tbf but neither he or Cogger can run the ball with any great effect. Every team that plays against us knows that the halves aren’t going to threaten them so they just cut down the space for the outside men instead. Ironically the only time Hastings ever scored tries is when he slips through because no-one actually thinks he’s going to run it lol.

See Braddy make the break and his support was Hastings… you literally see the thought process of nope he isn’t making it anywhere I will go myself.

The biggest problem is neither of our halves has any sort of boot. Opposition kick 60m, we dribble it 30. We are on the back foot all game as we literally can’t win the field position battle because of the woeful kicking.

Knight Tales

Bench
You have to feel for the boss. He has worked his arse off for solutions. He is two or three class players ( in key positions) away from really making his mark as a coach. His marquee player is so brilliant and is always injured. It will be shit if he is eventually jobless and Seibold, Payten, Barrett etc. all continue to fool people they are good coaches and get repeat chances. I believe he can out coach them all. He just knows his sides limitations. Close losses to the two best clubs in the game back to back. Could have won both.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
You have to feel for the boss. He has worked his arse off for solutions. He is two or three class players ( in key positions) away from really making his mark as a coach. His marquee player is so brilliant and is always injured. It will be shit if he is eventually jobless and Seibold, Payten, Barrett etc. all continue to fool people they are good coaches and get repeat chances. I believe he can out coach them all. He just knows his sides limitations. Close losses to the two best clubs in the game back to back. Could have won both.
I totally agree with this. We’re a couple of quality playmakers + a prop and a big winger short of being a contender imo…

Latest posts