What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 17 vs Parramatta @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 17: Newcastle v Parramatta

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Parramatta Eels 1-12

• Parramatta Eels 13+

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perverse

Referee
F**k, I feel like I played the 80 with 'em. I'm rooted.

For a neutral, that would have to be game of the year imo. We don't play like that with Cogger.
Pryce provided more than I hoped he would. I didn't know that he had some distance on his boot too. I've seen a lot of very handy short kicking from him in highlights so I really do think he's the complete package and just needs time. He's got the running game and some clever hands too.

He's keen, a hard worker and has a lot of skill and pace. I do think he'll make it in time. It'll be interesting to see where he's at when Gamble is ready to come back. I think he has the highest ceiling of all our halves.

Knight Tales

Bench
I hope O'Sullivan can find us a top tier 9. Has Sharpe ever played in the halves? Cos Pryce has potential to become a halfback IMO.

Ponga
Sharpe
Pryce
? 9

The speed of our game would be something else.

Pryce provided more than I hoped he would. I didn't know that he had some distance on his boot too. I've seen a lot of very handy short kicking from him in highlights so I really do think he's the complete package and just needs time. He's got the running game and some clever hands too.

He's keen, a hard worker and has a lot of skill and pace. I do think he'll make it in time. It'll be interesting to see where he's at when Gamble is ready to come back. I think he has the highest ceiling of all our halves.
Yes, his boot surprised me most. He really hoofs it and we haven't had that for a long time aside from Gamble who can send them into row 27 at times.

Pryce only got trampled once that I saw. He looked committed in defence in an extremely high quality match. I'm with you, he's the one the persist with. Still need a good halfback and hooker though.

Games like that make me so jealous of the people that get to go. Never been to Newcastle so absolutely need a visit. Ofc chances are I’d go to a game with cogger spudding it up
Couldn't be worse luck than me. I've been to some bad ones. The Joey broken jaw when we were 20-0 up and losing on the bell and the Clint Newton elbow of death on Ashton Sims come to mind.

That said, I did have good seats at Origin Game 2, 2005.

Yosh

Coach
Really liked Pryce's kicking game and didn't over play his hand. I think the best aspect of his game tonight was his ability to keep Cogger out of the side.

Just putting it out there but I prefer Gamble over Hastings. I'd be happy to have Gamble play on the left as our seven and Pryce stay at 6 on the right.

Really liked Pryce's kicking game and didn't over play his hand. I think the best aspect of his game tonight was his ability to keep Cogger out of the side.

Just putting it out there but I prefer Gamble over Hastings. I'd be happy to have Gamble play on the left as our seven and Pryce stay at 6 on the right.
I wish we could somehow make Gamble into a ball playing lock. I don't think it's possible though. I love the guy.

Zoidberg

First Grade

Will be interesting when Gamble is back. All will be depending on Pryce’s and the teams form and fitness.