What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 23 vs Wests Tigers @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 23: Newcastle v Wests Tigers

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Wests Tigers 1-12

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Woody90

Juniors
Mullen looked so good early on until we ruined him. He needed Joey next to him for 2 or 3 more seasons for mentoring. After Joey retired we should have partnered him with an experienced half instead of all these young guns or firebrands.

NSW ruined Mullo more than we did. They picked him in an impossible position as a 20 year old and then it destroyed his confidence.

Obviously it wasn’t his fault as we saw after him that no NSW halves were going to beat that QLD team, but Mullo was the first one to be thrown to the wolves and cop the criticism. It was the NSW camp that falsely targeted him with the “next Johns” label, not the Knights.

Knight Tales

Bench
Mullen looked so good early on until we ruined him. He needed Joey next to him for 2 or 3 more seasons for mentoring. After Joey retired we should have partnered him with an experienced half instead of all these young guns or firebrands.
Sharpe is a different breed. You can tell nothing fazes the kid. He is just a Maitland lad living the dream.

perverse

Referee
Yeah I dunno about the best since Joey but he seems to be a good'un. Has a long way to go in getting tested in the NRL, finding his position, etc... but there's a footy player in there.

Yosh

Coach
I hope we keep Sharpe on the wing and he can cover for Ponga during rep season and injuries for a couple of years then make the fullback position his own.

perverse

Referee
I hope we keep Sharpe on the wing and he can cover for Ponga during rep season and injuries for a couple of years then make the fullback position his own.
Pretty much the ideal for us, if we can make it pan out. There's a lot of water to pass under a lot of bridges before then, but ideally he hangs around and takes over from Ponga when he retires.

It's sad that we're already having these sorts of succession conversations about Kalyn. I think we're all feeling that he's now reached the mid-point of his career and we have nothing to show for it, or don't feel even any closer to having something to show for it than the day he arrived.