What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 3 vs Cronulla @ Leichhardt Oval, Lilyfield / Wanngal

Who will win? Round 3: Wests Tigers v Cronulla

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 1-12

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 13+

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wizardman

First Grade
What an effort! I certainly didn't see it coming as I thought the flat track bullies would carve us up by 24+ points.
Our weakest point was that first 20 minutes. I felt if they cracked us early in a soft sort of way, we would have been in trouble. But our tight defence led to us gaining some confidence and building our game from there. The encouraging thing is that we played better as the game went on. Nulla kinda put up the white flag early into that second half which is so good for us.

Last week, I said that only one change should be forced (Bud). It is nice to be proven right and the guys were certainly better for last week's run.

Bula: Great to see more involvement from him as things panned out more for him to play his game than last week. He did the little things right (the very things that make him great) and looks to be building nicely.

Staines: He did his job but, in all honesty, did not have that much to do. He f**ked up an opportunity from Faatape which simply needs to be taken in future weeks. As far as Im concerned, he keeps the spot again next week, but it is still a spot that is up for grabs if Naden or a lower grader shows that they are upto it.

Faatape: Great to see the guy build on last week to deliver a better performance tonight. He seems very capable of setting up his winger and did a reasonable job in marking probably the toughest centre to put down in Talakai. An enthusiastic performer who definitely deserves another run regardless of who is fit. He has good potential.

Olam: Fantastic debut and Im glad it was in front of a Leichardt crowd who fuelled him after every good play he made. He has cult hero written all over him if he continues to play like tonight.

Tupou: Unpopular opinion....but he is our best option at wing in 2024. While we are in finals contention and he plays reasonably well, we have to continue with this guy. I won't say he was great....but he was solid.....which is enough for our 2024 roster to seal a spot.

Galvin: He will be a very good NRL player....already is. Very busy and tries things that don't always come off...but I like that he is learning all the time. Due to his age, he'll need looking after in the early years of his career.

Sezer: While Brooks is working well at Manly, Sezer is exactly the kind of half we have missed for a very long time that we sorely needed but never had for a long time. He will make Galvin and our backs purr as the year rolls on. Im glad he is on our side.

Stefano: I bagged him hard last week but boy he was good and crucial to our side getting the two points tonight. Fantastic performance which we need him doing on a regular basis.

Api: His best game in a Tigers shirt for sure. He did some good things last week....but f**k, he was amazing tonight. Our most important player....f**k, it was good to watch him dialled in.

Klemmer: I was worried about him last week. I still think the engine is not what it was but he brought an intimidation factor tonight and was very crucial in that tough first 20 minutes we had. A step forward for Klem tonight.

Paps: A step forward for Paps in terms of effort. Still not Parra Paps in terms of execution but tonight was the first step towards the possibility of "Parra Paps" finally playing like that in our club. It takes good halves to make that happen so hopefully some combinations can develop there.

Bateman: The man looks out of form....but it was good to see him competing on both sides of the ball tonight without being very penetrating with the ball. He is a class player.....hopefully, he builds on tonight.

Pole: One of our few decent players last week.....and built on it with a better performance tonight. Keep him in the 13 jersey....important in those early stages of a game to gain control.

Bud: He had 13 minutes to shit the bed and tried hard to do just that. A waste of a selection. He needs NSW Cup time to build some form and confidence because at the moment, he has neither.

Seyfarth: Much better than last week. Enthusiastic and certainly threw himself around out there in both attack and defence. Definitely deserves to stay in the team based on tonight.

Twal: Barely noticed him.

Fainu: Two good games on the trot from Fainu. Good impact player who finally had some support from his forwards this week. Im glad to have him.

Tigerm

First Grade
Just watching the replay, we had no bad player, I thought Seyfarth redeemed himself from last week.
Same with Tupou.
Faatappe has improved and might be hard to remove him now.
But Galvin is special, hopefully he is with us for a long time.
The forwards finally did the job.
Long may it continue.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Best thing about the dominant performance is we did it early in the season… usually we wait until about 5-6 games in if that. We did it in our 2nd game of the year

going to be a tougher contest next week, but if we keep it close we may be onto something

Tigerm

First Grade
Just watching the replay, we had no bad player, I thought Seyfarth redeemed himself from last week.
Same with Tupou.
Faatappe has improved and might be hard to remove him now.
But Galvin is special, hopefully he is with us for a long time.
The forwards finally did the job.
Long may it continue.
Vossy must be a shark’s supporter

soc123_au

Staff member
That was so good last night, I was pretty impressed with how you started, looked very up for it going set for set. I was a bit worried when (I think it was Bateman) dropped it attacking their line. You could see heads drop a bit and they were too slow defending the initial counter. The scramble worked though and you could see the confidence build and build. In previous years that's when it would have been all over.

Api is a stud. Wish we still had him.

Also I hope Benji tells the cucks in the media that were whiteanting him over his family life to go f**k themselves.

I read this morning that the general admission tickets were $55, and that the council wants to stop hosting games from 2026.

I'd be looking into this heavily if I was the ICAC, or whoever it is that overseas local councils. Community is more important than another bunch of units. What is the proposal for the site if the tigers no longer play there? And who stands to profit? And more importantly, what is their relationship to the councillors and their extended family / friends?

It's criminal to charge $55 entry for a game at Leichhardt. It'd be like charging $55 to a movie with a broken seat (or no seat at all), a broken shitter than smells like Calcutta, and a mark up of 1000% on food and drinks (that's about the same as the movies though.)

This would be the most expensive general admission ticket in the NRL by a country mile, for the worst facilities, by the same margin. I'm not bagging the ground and the atmosphere it creates. Just the price.

Tigerm

First Grade
IMG_0717.jpeg
Tiger, tiger tigahhh. Onya Loza.
Great win over a supposed top 8 contender, but we’ve been here before, the next few games should tell us a bit about where we are going this season?
R4-Eels
R5-Dolphins
R6-Dragons
R7-Pennies

I read this morning that the general admission tickets were $55, and that the council wants to stop hosting games from 2026.

I'd be looking into this heavily if I was the ICAC, or whoever it is that overseas local councils. Community is more important than another bunch of units. What is the proposal for the site if the tigers no longer play there? And who stands to profit? And more importantly, what is their relationship to the councillors and their extended family / friends?

It's criminal to charge $55 entry for a game at Leichhardt. It'd be like charging $55 to a movie with a broken seat (or no seat at all), a broken shitter than smells like Calcutta, and a mark up of 1000% on food and drinks (that's about the same as the movies though.)

This would be the most expensive general admission ticket in the NRL by a country mile, for the worst facilities, by the same margin. I'm not bagging the ground and the atmosphere it creates. Just the price.
actually another news limited hatchet job. Hill tickets (general admission) are $25, and premium reserved are $55. This is based on the upcoming game at Leichhardt again the Titans. Anything to put the slipper into the tigers

The Rosco

Bench
I had second hand embarrassment watching the players read the team song of a piece of paper
Like what your parents had, when watching you leave the house ?
It's a new team song. Should they have learned the words to the new song ? yes.
Should you fkk off our site ? yes
Is parra gonna extend their lack of a premiership again ? yes.
Is Moses a whiny little girl ? yes.
Does parra choke every year ? yes.
Is one of life's simple pleasures watching the parra fans cry every September ? yes.
Are parra supporters the biggest, whiniest, Fwittest knobheads in the league ? yes.
Is 39 years a helluva LOOOONG time ? yes.
Is Gutherson a cat ? yes
Is moses even more catful ? yes.
A lot of positives there for you, rhyno.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Fox NRL game stats:
RM Olam-187, Stef-177, Pole-156
Tkl Api-36, Papi-34, Pole-30
R Olam-18, Pole-17, Stef-16
PCM Stef-77, Pole-65, Olam-51

Nutz

Bench
View attachment 85564
Tiger, tiger tigahhh. Onya Loza.
Great win over a supposed top 8 contender, but we’ve been here before, the next few games should tell us a bit about where we are going this season?
R4-Eels
R5-Dolphins
R6-Dragons
R7-Pennies
On last night's performance, all these games are winnable hey Tm.
I believe the main reason we won last night was because of sustained pressure and energy.
Good teams play the whole 80min with up tempo footy.
I thought the bench was used fairly well. Especially bringing the big boys on in stages and when they came on they played the first bit of their stint energetically with off-loads.
Our off loads were insane and I no doubt believe this is how they train.

Tigerm

First Grade
This sorta backs up our forums 3-2-1 pics hey.
Yeah, but TBH, Pole numbers were a bit of a surprise, he plays without much notice by the looks and only 21?

Though they do rate him as a one of our future stars.

Nutz

Bench
I don't care if it's not the best, I do care if we keep winning and the boys get to memorise this and sing it with gusto.
If the words were Bla Bla Bla it would sound great if we were all over the moon and sung it loud and in a state of delirium :)
One thing that is wrong in the lyrics is,
We are Black, Gold and White

Tigerm

First Grade
On last night's performance, all these games are winnable hey Tm.
I believe the main reason we won last night was because of sustained pressure and energy.
Good teams play the whole 80min with up tempo footy.
I thought the bench was used fairly well. Especially bringing the big boys on in stages and when they came on they played the first bit of their stint energetically with off-loads.
Our off loads were insane and I no doubt believe this is how they train.
Yep, I just want to see some consistency before I go all in, believing we have crossed our rubicon, because I think it every f**king year, though I’m close to it again this year hahaha